pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Uh..8.0.1. Is there still hope?

Edit: It came in a JP box if that helps
Not in the near future. But since 8.0.1 hasn't burnt a fuse (7.0.0-8.0.1 have 9 burnt fuses) it's theoretically possible that you will some day be able to downgrade to 7.0.1 and use deja vu. SciresM mentioned something like this. But don't expect something in the near future.

Wolfynator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Not in the near future. But since 8.0.1 hasn't burnt a fuse (7.0.0-8.0.1 have 9 burnt fuses) it's theoretically possible that you will some day be able to downgrade to 7.0.1 and use deja vu. SciresM mentioned something like this. But don't expect something in the near future.

Aw man, I think I'll go look for an unpatched one then. I have a question though, the XKJ serial number doesn't mean its 100% not possible to hack?

Scream3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
After updating my switch to 9.0.1 with ChoiDujourNX, my pirated games dont appear anymore. I applied the newest sigpatches and still nothing. Any ideas?

This is what my menu shows after booting emunand, the games i bought are there, but instead of showing my pirated games, there´s that square that never stops loading.

unnamed.jpg

Mikeltii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everyone, im new here! I got big problem with my switch I had my switch on 7.0.1 with atmosphere 0.9.3.. working perfectly but I couldn't run this new game GRID needed at least the 8.0.1, but I heard the 9.0.1 was already working with the new Kosmo so I used choidurjournx to upgrade to 9.0.1... and she run it well the first boot after that just give me black screen. So i had the sad idea do restore the boot0 and boot1 I had backup up (but i didn't remember which version of firmware was that... so I brick my console gave me blue screen! After I manage to find the boot0 and boot1 of the 9.0.1 I had but i didn't backup the rawnand .... so I end up to try to do a downgrade to 4.0.1 I got the prod.keys (about 120 keys)... but when I get to the part of using hacdiskmount and get to fill up the prod info and the others ones my keys won't fit give me red. None of my biskey match it but my keys are correct because I have changed some games with hactool and need my keys to do that and worked perfectly. Atm my console goes to RCM mode and I can try to boot (stock sysnand) after Nintendo logo goes black screen.. and cfw does the same... anyone could help me fixing this?? And also when I used choidujour (pc) I had to take out of the keys file some of the keys like biskey to get to work is that normal or not?thanks

Yaks19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help? I should receive my 2nd hand switch tomorrow and want to make sure I know what I'm doing to avoid getting banned.

The switch is on atmosphere 0.8.9 and firmware 8.0.0. I want to clean sysNAND (no backup available) and move to emuNAND atmosphere.

What should I do to keep sysnand clean and online and emunand for cfw and offline?

KingKazmaOfficial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for the joycons not to work in certain Homebrew apps?

For example, I am not able to use joycons in the HB app store or other apps like NX-shell. I can use the touchscreen just fine tho. I'd just rather not have to go and take my switch out of the dock each time I want to install a new HB app or the like. Minor annoyance I suppose.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for the joycons not to work in certain Homebrew apps?

For example, I am not able to use joycons in the HB app store or other apps like NX-shell. I can use the touchscreen just fine tho. I'd just rather not have to go and take my switch out of the dock each time I want to install a new HB app or the like. Minor annoyance I suppose.
If you have DZ Tinfoil or HBGShop installed, delete them from your SD card. Next time, do not repost if your original post is not answered.

masbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi all, just got a switch that is patched (checked the serial only) and is at firmware 7.0.1. I want to keep it in that firmware in case an exploit comes along, so I haven't connected it to the net before asking some questions here.
a) If I connect it to the net (just connect it to a wifi, not log into Switch Online) and there's an update (v.9 is the latest now), can I not apply it or is it mandatory?
b) Is the latest firmware update needed to log on to Nintendo Switch Online? There's a 7 day trial I'd like to test but I'll give it a pass if it means I'll update beyond 7.0.1.
c) Will any games force me to update before playing them? I remember some Wii games came with updates and we had to prepatch stub IOSs to avoid that. Is there a list somewhere of minimum firmware version each game plays on?
Thanks all

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi all, just got a switch that is patched (checked the serial only) and is at firmware 7.0.1. I want to keep it in that firmware in case an exploit comes along, so I haven't connected it to the net before asking some questions here.
a) If I connect it to the net (just connect it to a wifi, not log into Switch Online) and there's an update (v.9 is the latest now), can I not apply it or is it mandatory?
b) Is the latest firmware update needed to log on to Nintendo Switch Online? There's a 7 day trial I'd like to test but I'll give it a pass if it means I'll update beyond 7.0.1.
c) Will any games force me to update before playing them? I remember some Wii games came with updates and we had to prepatch stub IOSs to avoid that. Is there a list somewhere of minimum firmware version each game plays on?
Thanks all
1) You can cancel it.
2) Yes, it's needed.
3) Yes, they will. There is a list in this forum but it's really old and doesn't get updated anymore.

Reactions: masbass

kite21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I have a situation: Recently I tried to update a game (slay the spire)through tinfoil (I am on firmware 8.1.0 With atmosphere 0.9.3 and the latest Kosmos). When I tried to start it the game kept asking me for verification and didn't allow me to start it. I tried to uninstall the update with gold leaf, didn't work, uninstall the game and delete the ticket, didn't work either, uninstall the game, everything related to it except the save, download it from elsewhere and install it with gold leaf and it didn't work either.

I should add that this did happen before, one time I updated my console by accident (which is why I am at 8.1.0) and had to update Atmosphere. When I did, none of the games wanted to start and asked me the same thing to which I had to look for sigpatches. Now I am guessing the game doesn't start because I tried to install a game update which requires a newer firmware and even when uninstalled it kept the message nag on the console. If so that means I am gonna need to look for the sigpatches. Now here is my question: do I need to update everything (system, atmosphere, etc) in order to install the latest sigpatches? Or can I just place the sigpatches on my switch and they will work without updating? Thank you for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed