SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Fritss

Fritss Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2019
    Israel
    Hi
    If i i have already 25 games on my card.
    Is it possible to use him with different switch and to see all the games?
    Thanks

2. DrDoctor

DrDoctor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    This is probably more than obvious, but I just wanted to confirm it regardless:
    Burning fuses up to the latest firmware would result in emuNAND not being able to boot lower firmware, correct?

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Why would you want to downgrade?

No

Assuming you are using Fusee Gelee to lauch emuMMC, then the number of burnt fuses is irrelevant as all custom bootloaders bypass the fuse check and you cannot boot emuMMC without a custom bootloader.

DrDoctor likes this.
  4. DrDoctor

DrDoctor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Okay, so only OFW SYSNAND would fail to boot then?

5. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Nothing would fail. You are able to boot to OFW SysNAND because you have burnt fuses up to your SysNAND firmware and you are also able to boot to CFW EmuNAND with lower firmware because the fuse check is ignored by custom boot loaders.

DrDoctor likes this.
  6. erk

erk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    United States
    SX user here, I have updated twice using Choudijour with no issues but am nervous about going from 8.1 to 9.X mainly due to gc slot and fuse issues. I don’t understand anything about patches/sigpatches either. I also know there’s no games currently requiring 9.X but just trying to think ahead to future releases.

7. DrDoctor

DrDoctor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I'm sorry, I meant to write "only a lower OFW SYSNAND than the burnt fuses would fail to boot".

8. Mikeltii

Mikeltii Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2019
    Portugal
    Because I couldn't boot my console not even on ofw would got black screen after tried to enter in cfw sysnand... I end up creating emummc but no like not even stock sysnand works. I got the of of the keys but on the app hacdiskmount fail all my keys and I know they are right because I used them with hactool to change some games

Last edited by Mikeltii, Oct 11, 2019
  9. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Yeah. You can't boot to SysNAND with OFW when you have burnt more fuses than your firmware should have.

DrDoctor likes this.
  10. tpax

tpax GBAtemp Fan

Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I'm on 8.x Firmware with SX OS 2.8.x.
    Is it safe to upgrade to 9.x with SX OS 2.9.2 and ChoiDujourNX 1.0.2?
    Anything I need to know?

11. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    It should be safe now. But better create a backup before.

tpax likes this.
  12. pastebooko

pastebooko Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2019
    Philippines
    Hi, I just got a 2nd hand unpatched Switch with latest atmosphere cfw. I'm planning to format it (initialize console) and format also the memory card.

My question is, is it safe? will I encounter any problems if I initialize the console? I'm afraid I might brick this after initializing the console.

13. ZelkovaS

ZelkovaS Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2019
    United States
    Hello, new here. Question I have is there a way to see what email I used for the nintendo ID for eshop, when looking in settings it just shows part of the email with the rest covered up. I know sounds like it's not my switch but it is my original switch that's unpatched and I made a second account so my real won't be banned from Nintendo.

14. mendezagus

mendezagus GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2017
    Argentina
    So: i´m planning on udating mi switch to the latest firmware (officially) but i just learned that ReiNx (my preferred CFW) doesn´t support it. Is atmosphere working fine with the new releases (link´s awakening, the witcher)? Is Kosmos? Which firmware do you reccomend?

15. vampier206

vampier206 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    United States
    Hello i require some help. iv posted before but i understand my problem a little better now and can. during firmware upgrade i canceled it and lost the ability to boot cfw. i have full access to hekate and stock. i was upgrading from 7.1 to 8.1. My stock install now shows as 8.1. i have used a fresh sd card install and the issue still persist. i do not have a nand backup. i thought i had one but when i try to use it in hekate it fails and prompts me with errors. is downgrading my best option to get my switch back to normal functionally.

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    SX OS has patches built in. You only need external patches if you are using Atmosphere/Kosmos. I would also advise against updating to firmware 9.0 for now until more homebrew applications properly support it. Also ChoiDujour is a PC program that only supports up to firmware 6.1.

The only way to brick without CFW is to use a third-party dock.

You can try looking on their website if there is a way to retrieve your e-mail. Otherwise, you will have to call Nintendo.
    No games require firmware 9.0. I recommend either updating or staying on firmware 8.1

Restore your NAND backup as long as you have BOOT0/BOOT1 and eMMC SYS/raw GPP (rawnand.bin). If you do not have all 3 files, you will have to use ChoiDujour to rebuild your NAND. Keep in mind it only supports up to firmware 6.1

17. tehoivun

tehoivun Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    United States
    Can I make the unformatted part of the emummc any size? or does there have to a minimum size?

18. DrDoctor

DrDoctor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    If I have incognito, can I just go online to update my CFW emuNAND?
    Or what's the best way to update it?

19. pastebooko

pastebooko Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2019
    Philippines
    Is there a homebrew app which can display battery cycles and system temperature?

20. ZelkovaS

ZelkovaS Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2019
    United States

No idea how to remove the others so ill bold mine, so no CFW way to find it?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted