Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Ambidextrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did all the steps in the NH Switch guide to set up emuMMC but every time I actually try and boot into emuMMC it just brings me back to hekate again. Does anyone know why this is happening?

smash34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Do I need to download all updates for smash bros ultimate or only the latest one?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it is saying you need to delete everything because this sd card was used on another device..What do i do?

kallek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have CFW setup using Caffeine with emunand but it takes a lot of tries and I need a Internet connection, so I got a jig and am going to try to launch Hekate through RCM instead. Do I need to change any files on my SD card to jump from Caffeine to fusee-gelee? I should be able to boot RCM and use the hekate payload from PC or android without changing anything else, right?

Last edited by kallek,

gavinfriday69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

I would like to convert nsp to XCI.
I have SX OS emunand running 8.1.0.
I am a real noob because I don't know what steps to do to get the keys from the system.. I tried looking for keys online, but the ones I found gave me errors in the transformation proces

I have read some guides but still..

can you please help me

smash34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
When put my new sdcard with old files it is says it need to delete everything because this sd card was used on another device..What do i do?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have CFW setup using Caffeine with emunand but it takes a lot of tries and I need a Internet connection, so I got a jig and am going to try to launch Hekate through RCM instead. Do I need to change any files on my SD card to jump from Caffeine to fusee-gelee? I should be able to boot RCM and use the hekate payload from PC or android without changing anything else, right?
First of all: Is your switch even vulnerable to fusee gelee? If it is, you can inject Hekate with pc and boot to atmosphere like before.

Hello,

I would like to convert nsp to XCI.
I have SX OS emunand running 8.1.0.
I am a real noob because I don't know what steps to do to get the keys from the system.. I tried looking for keys online, but the ones I found gave me errors in the transformation proces

I have read some guides but still..

can you please help me
Lockpick RCM will do the job. Use NSC Builder to convert NSP to XCI and fill the key template with your keys.

When put my new sdcard with old files it is says it need to delete everything because this sd card was used on another device..What do i do?
Maybe you need to format it. You have important files on it?

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
  1. You only need exFAT if you are using the file based method which is not recommended to use in the first place as file based is incredibly slow. FAT32 is fine for emuMMC. And what is broken is the Stock mode of emuMMC

Thanks for explaining. So at this moment I simply turn the Wifi on, update firmware legally, burn fuses, load Hekate 5.0.0 to set up EmuMMC, what will be the correct option for Fat32 there?

menixabic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed cfw. All is fine, but have some minor annoynace. How I can change clock time in hekate, screenshot of that i mean is on imgur /NNSPEXa (can not post links yet) because my clock time is very off from time in real word or in switch inself ? Maybe I need to modify some files or what ? It is like 8 hour difference

Last edited by menixabic,

Squalexy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys! I just updated to 8.1.0 using ChoixDuJour but it shows an error when booting the cfw.

Error code: 2162-0002 (0x4a2)
Firmware: 8.1.0 (Atmosphère 0.9.3-master-25218795)

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I do not understand the question you are asking me.
Sorry, it's the same one. What should be the next step when you've backed up everything on 4.1.0 hackable Switch, if you want EmuMMC+SysNand? Update via Nintendo and load previous Hekate? What's the option for "non-file-based method" you mention? Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! I just updated to 8.1.0 using ChoixDuJour but it shows an error when booting the cfw.

Error code: 2162-0002 (0x4a2)
Firmware: 8.1.0 (Atmosphère 0.9.3-master-25218795)
There should be a title ID associated with that error. Delete it from your SD card to resolve the error code.

Sorry, it's the same one. What should be the next step when you've backed up everything on 4.1.0 hackable Switch, if you want EmuMMC+SysNand? Update via Nintendo and load previous Hekate? What's the option for "non-file-based method" you mention? Thanks!

Restore your clean NAND backup and play online in sysNAND. In order to do so, you will have to update the firmware of your SysNAND. If you wish to burn fuses, locking you out of exploits on lower firmware versions thus having you rely on the Fusee Gelee exploit to boot CFW for a very long time if not forever, then you can update it normally through Nintendo. However if you wish to play online without burning fuses, you have 3 options:
  1. Using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. This requires CFW & homebrew making it the riskiest method in terms of a ban when updating without burning fuses but it is the easiest and fastest
  2. Updating online with AutoRCM enabled. Normally AutoRCM is removed during system updates. However non-SX CFW (e.g. Atmosphere/ReiNX) prevent this from happening allowing users to update normally without worrying about fuses. This method requires only CFW making it safer than using ChoiDujourNX but still has a risk. This is the method that I personally use. In order to minimize risk, you can download the update in Stock mode or OFW, remove Wi-Fi settings after it finishes downloading, then reboot into either Atmosphere or ReiNX (SX OS does not have this feature and may never attain it) and install the system update. To trigger the update, simply try launching any title
  3. Manually rebooting into RCM after installing a system update. Since AutoRCM is removed after a system update and AutoRCM helps prevent fuses from being burnt, there is a way to save fuses without CFW and with AutoRCM alone. This method involves using your jig or something equivalent to enter RCM when the console reboots after installing a firmware update. This is by far the riskiest method out of all three in terms of burning your fuses because if your jig or equivalent fails to boot you into RCM, you will burn fuses. However it is also the safest method in terms of a ban. If you wish to follow a step-by-step guide, you can follow this thread
As for non-file-based method, you will have to partition the SD card yourself.

werneck14

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any way to format/factory reset and completly unlink a NNID without connecting to internet?
I think you can unlink the NNID from the nintendo website
upload_2019-9-9_13-21-12.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is the current state of Android on the Switch? Are there still many bugs?

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So I ended up buying the used Switch with Atmosphere already installed and I have a few questions:

The guy who sold it told me that if the battery runs out, i’d only be able to turn the console on by plugging it to a PC and launching a program called Tegra. Anywhere I can read on it? I suppose this means the console already has Auto-RCM.

I’m also a bit confused about the process of installing games. He showed me I should use Goldleaf and connect the Switch to a PC directly. I think the game format should be NSP right? Anywhere I can read on how to install games? I also heard Fire Emblem has some issues when trying to install it? Is it Atmosphere just not being compatible?

I’d also like to switch to a larger SD card as it came with a 64 GB and I have a 128 GB one. What type of reformating option should I use and is it just a copy paste after doing that? What’s the folder I should make a back up off and never ever lose?

I don’t think the console has emunand. I also kinda goofed up and forgot I had my regular switch online through Ethernet, so airplane mode didn’t block online access. And the console downloaded a Contra Collection update on its own since the seller before was showing me I should just cancel out of update prompts. How screwed am I?

Also, for some reason, I was playing Odyssey with the joy cons without the controller adaptor and the controls seemed to act out all strange. Jumps wouldn’t register at times and it felt off. Are joy cons not syncing up correctly an issue? For all I know I could’ve just been pressing the sync button on accident, but I don’t think I did.

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can answer a few of these, as I have had some experience with it already.

So I ended up buying the used Switch with Atmosphere already installed and I have a few questions:

1- The guy who sold it told me that if the battery runs out, i’d only be able to turn the console on by plugging it to a PC and launching a program called Tegra. Anywhere I can read on it? I suppose this means the console already has Auto-RCM.

2- I’m also a bit confused about the process of installing games. He showed me I should use Goldleaf and connect the Switch to a PC directly. I think the game format should be NSP right? Anywhere I can read on how to install games? I also heard Fire Emblem has some issues when trying to install it? Is it Atmosphere just not being compatible?

3- Also, for some reason, I was playing Odyssey with the joy cons without the controller adaptor and the controls seemed to act out all strange. Jumps wouldn’t register at times and it felt off. Are joy cons not syncing up correctly an issue? For all I know I could’ve just been pressing the sync button on accident, but I don’t think I did.

1- Judging by your response(and the prevous owner's) there is a high chance that it is running AutoRCM already (you can make sure about it by using Hekate's payload and checking under "tools - AutoRCM" more details here https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/autorcm/), so yeah, If the console runs out of battery or is turned off, you will have to send a Atmos' payload by either using TegraRCM on your PC or a dongle with the payload, I really recommend you getting a dongle as they are relatively cheap and will save you a ton of time and work. more info about how to do it here: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sending_payload/

2- You can either install the games using goldleaf or tinfoil, the file format that goldleaf supports is .nsp, and the installing process is rather simple, get the game on your SD if the file is below 4GBs(Fat32 won't allow you to place files heavier than 4GBs on your SD unless you partion it, but it is a tedious job), and install it directly from goldleaf, or use the remote install option with Goldtree if it is heavier than 4GBs. more info on that here https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/installnsps/installnsps-goldtree

EDIT: about the compatibility isues, while installing some NSPs, goldleaf might tell you that you're missing sigpatches or that you firmware is too low, a partial fix has been posted by the user "Ryft", you can read more about that here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/8-1-0-a...missing-sigpatches.547295/page-2#post-8780696

3- It might simply be the case of a faulty joycon, I have experienced it as well and only getting a new pair of joycons fixed it, though someone who knows another fix may be able to help you

Last edited by pofer,
Reactions: Walo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1