SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Fisherman765

Fisherman765 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2018
    Mexico
    Hermosillo
    So I made an emuNAND like a week ago. I had 8.1.0 on my sysNAND and 8.1.0 with Atmosphere on my emuNAND. Yesterday I updated to 9.0.0 on sysNAND to play online (yes I know there's a grace period...I'm stupid). The Switch restarted ok in 9.0.0. sysNAND, but when I wanted to boot to 8.1.0 emuNAND after the logos all that happened was an Atmospherecrash log. I don't know if that has to do with fuses. When I try to boot 9.0.0 sysNAND a red error message that says something about unknown pkg1 version flashes for like a fraction of a second before going back to Hekate. Do both of these have to do with Hekate or Atmosphere not being ready for 9.0.0 yet and just wait until they are, or is it something else?

2. robertus

robertus Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    Italy
    How to have a clean nand without backup?

Hi,

i had my switch with firmware 2.0.0.

-Then i update online to 5.1.0.
    -Airplane mode
    -Use SX OS Pro and i have installed unfortunally 2 .nsp. ( always airplane mode )
    -Yesterday i updated to 8.1.0 di ChoiDujourNX.

Now i wish to make an Clean Emunand to come online, and use others partition to play offline with xci.

Can i do that in safe? I guess that i never sent to Nintendo server, any logs, only that i updated my Switch from 2.0.0 to 5.1.0.

Last edited by robertus, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    There is no real installation,
    English please.

robertus likes this.
  4. aminerio

aminerio Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Canada
    I'm a very noob to this. My sister just updated her switch to the latest version. Is it too late to jailbreak the switch now? Atmosphere are not compatible right now to 9.0 + versions, right ?

5. LeaAdebisi

LeaAdebisi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    France
    Hi team,

Few months ago my Switch stop booting (black screen) so I did a very stupid thing after reading few tutorials, I tried to write the boot0 and boot1 backup from my second Switch to the first one using SXOS. Now I've lost my boot0 and boot1. Is there a way to get my Switch working again even if it's only for unnoficial games?

Thanks in advance

6. Yadiel

Yadiel Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Puerto Rico
    Hello. I'm new here. I have a small problem. My switch is a first gen one and it was on 8.1.0 I was unable to install atmosphere because the sd card that I was using was damaged. I got a new one and I'm using hekate to back up eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1 and eMMC RAW GPP... But the problem that I have is that auto update was on so now my console is on 9.0.0 :(
    Is it posible to downgrade using this tutorial (*"h t t p s : // switch.homebrew.guide / usingcfw / manualchoiupgrade "*)? Since I don't have a nand back up? I already extracted my keys...
    Or should I wait until atmosphere or other kind of emu becomes compatible with 9.0.0?
    Thank You!

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You cannot boot anything on 9.0 except OFW so that is why you got the unknown pkg1 version error. However, emuMMC should be able to boot. What exactly was the error code?

If you didn't make a NAND backup before hacking the console, you cannot make a clean NAND backup.

If your console is patched, then it is indeed too late. If it is not patched, then you can either wait until CFW supports firmware 9.0 or downgrade the firmware to one that CFW currently supports. You can check if it is unpatched or not by looking at the serial number then comparing it to the list in this thread

Use ChoiDujour to flash any firmware from 1.0 to 6.1. And next time, remember that BOOT0/BOOT1 are console-specific.

It is possible to downgrade with that tutorial.

Yadiel likes this.
  8. Yadiel

Yadiel Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Puerto Rico
    Thank You Sir!

Last edited by Yadiel, Sep 10, 2019
    Draxzelex likes this.
  9. robertus

robertus Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    Italy
    i see this tutorial, you know? is safe ?

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No it is not safe and I absolutely do not recommend it because it may not even work and it could lead to a higher risk of getting banned. That is not even taking into account the potential risk of a brick.

robertus likes this.
  11. Fisherman765

Fisherman765 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2018
    Mexico
    Hermosillo
    The error code when trying to boot on Atmosphere 8.1.0 emuNAND is 2002-2634.
    Since I have AutoRCM on that's my only way to boot into Stock 9.0.0 sysNAND without turning it off and that's when I get the unknown PKG 1 before it going back to hekate. I guess I could try turning it off to use OFW firmware for now...

12. rylek90

rylek90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    United States
    So I want to hack my Switch...
    • the device is from console release date, unpatched
    • I know how to put it to RCM, won’t be problem with that
    So, if I understand things correctly:
    I will backup my NAND, then install Atmosphere with desired Homebrew and enable AutoRCM. I’m not interested in online capabilities at all, and won’t be, 100% in airplane mode.
    • Is it even worth to play around with emuNAND, emuMMC?
    • Will I still be able to play games from cartridges?
    • Will sleep mode work?
    • If I ever change my mind, can I just simply restore NAND backup and have fun online?
    • Can I extract my eshop purchases into NSP easily on Mac? If no will “backups” from web handle my saves stored in NAND?

Last edited by rylek90, Sep 10, 2019
  13. Fisherman765

Fisherman765 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2018
    Mexico
    Hermosillo
    As far as I know
    -emuNAND is only used to prevent bans so if you don't care about them might as well use sysNAND for less confusion.
    -As long as the cartridge doesn't force you to update yeah.
    -Sleep mode works in most CFWs.
    -If you restore an old NAND backup it's likely you will get banned.
    -"Backups" will load the save file stored in NAND.

14. ptrappo

ptrappo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Australia
    @Draxzelex gotcha. So how would I be able to boot up my normal original unhacked firmware again?

Also worth noting whenever I put a game cartridge in while atmosphere is loaded, the system crashes.

15. LeaAdebisi

LeaAdebisi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    France
    When I launch ChoidujourNX in Hekate, the only thing I get is a black screen.

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Remove the cartridge from your Switch. And you cannot boot anything on 9.0 except OFW.

You would have to update your console to a firmware that matches your fuse count. Also, the crashing makes sense because there was an update for the cartridge slot in firmware 9.0 that renders it unusable on firmware versions below 9.0

You cannot launch ChoiDujourNX in Hekate. What CFW are you using and which version of ChoiDujourNX?

17. LeaAdebisi

LeaAdebisi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    France
    I'm using SXOS In reinx i got an error at launch with an rcm loader

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And I'm on the latest version of choixdujournx102

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

From what I understand, I need to load choixdujourNX from the picture library-> homebrews using sxos but I'n not able to boot nor custom nor original fw since my FW is broken

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Wait I remember your issue before. I told you to download ChoiDujour, not ChoiDujourNX. I even linked it in my original response.

ptrappo likes this.
  19. LeaAdebisi

LeaAdebisi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    France
    OMG so sorry, I mistaken choidujour and choidujourNX in french it just mean "choice of the day" (I'm french) that's probably Y I did not spoted the difference, so I will try with choidujourfrom my computer and let you know.

Thanks a lot (I feel d*mb ^^)

Draxzelex likes this.
  20. LeaAdebisi

LeaAdebisi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    France
    Here I am again, now I'm facing the error message "Invalid NCA header! Are keys correct?" I'm launching Choidujour.exe with the prod.keys I got from running lockpick payload.