SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Fisherman765

Fisherman765 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2018
    Mexico
    Hermosillo
    That did the trick to launch emuNAND but when trying to launch Stock 9.0.0 sysNAND it still says unknown pkg1 thingie.

2. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2009
    United States
    Is there anyway to delete firmware update prompt? I didn't update yet but my switch already downloaded the update. so now im on a button away from 9.0 and it's scary everytime i go to load up a game to not press a one extra time.

3. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Enter Maintenance mode:
    1) Turn off.
    2) Hold Vol + and Vol - and press the power button.
    3) Turn off and don’t press anything in the menu.

Now the update nag should be gone.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^, Sep 11, 2019
  4. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2009
    United States

How do i do maintenance mode with auto rcm on?

5. Sein

Sein Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    United States
    I recently (before 9.0 being released) purchased a new unpatched switch and wanted to know if I would be able to install CFW on 4.1.0 and then update afterwards within CFW so that I can play newer games. Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated!

6. Interior-Crocodile

Interior-Crocodile Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    United States
    If that's the case what alternatives do I have? I'd like to be able to use my switch online. Can I use the built in formatting tool on the switch to clear everything out or am I just doomed at this point? :(

7. Christian Rosado

Christian Rosado GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
  8. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Should also work with AutoRCM on. I haven't tried yet.

Yes, update with ChoiDujourNX after you have CFW installed.

If you want emuMMC, use this guide: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Sein likes this.
  9. Christian Rosado

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Emunand right? if so totally. thank you. Also I noticed I have to "prepare" the sd card by dropping some stuff in it. I have to do all that before making the NAND backup? I really don't wanna do the wrong thing first and then be screwed with a tainted nand. Ive seem a lot of pots here about messing up.

10. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Yes, EmuNAND is the name by SX OS and emuMMC by Atmosphere. Anything on the sd card won't make your NAND dirty. But you could simply inject hekate before doing anything and create a full NAND backup.

11. Christian Rosado

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Oh that would be great. When you say inject it. You mean like boot into rcm and use some windows exe? or? Sorry, real noob here.

12. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Enter RCM and use a dongle, laptop or smartphone to inject the hekate payload.

13. DrDoctor

DrDoctor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    So, it's the first time I've had a modded Switch while a firmware update comes out.
    I use both sysNAND(OFW) and emuNAND(CFW), is it okay to update sysNAND(OFW) to 9.0.0 and keep emuNAND(CFW) on 8.1.0?
    Or will emuNAND(CFW) stop working?

DCMaxxx likes this.
  14. ptrappo

ptrappo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Australia
    By firmware are you referring to the Nintendo switch firmware 9.0 that was just released the other day?

If so, do I do it while atmosphere is on (that’s the only way I can access the switch past the black screen).

If not with atmosphere open, could you kindly let me know where I can find a tutorial on how to update firmware on the switch without being able to open the switch. I’ll keep on searching. Thanks for saving my life

15. prolame

prolame Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Czech Republic
    It is possible to use Logitech gamepad F710 (wireless with USB do dongle) with docked NS? I have unpatched device. Thank you.

16. Firion Hope

Firion Hope GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    US
    Anyone have experience with cart games crashing? I tried to install an update through a program, it failed. So then when I launch it it gave me an error. So I removed the cart and deleted the software data. So now when I put the cart back in it says it needs to install an update. So I found the latest update file and after I install it the game crashes unless I remove the cart and delete software. Any idea whats going on?

edit:managed to fix it by installing an older update I had laying around, weeird

Last edited by Firion Hope, Sep 11, 2019
    ptrappo likes this.
  17. MonsterHunterJay

MonsterHunterJay Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hey everyone - I have a question I really need to know.

My bloody has been official firmware updated to 9, stupidly I know, and I really want to play the games.

Right, I did a NAND raw backup when I started, which is on 8.0.1 but the file size is only 27gb big - is this wrong?

How do I know if it will work or not - I'm stressed to fudge.

18. tosj87

tosj87 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2019
    Netherlands
    Somebody have a good tutorial for setting up emummc with homebrew? There a a lot of but all are little bit different.
    I use a rcm USB injector. My console is ON 8.1 (is it even smart to do it now or wait until emummc is compatibel with 9.0?)

19. pupuz

pupuz Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2019
    Russia
    Using Tinfoil 4.0.0 on a fat32 emunand, trying to download almost any game results in "Install Failed. Quota exceeded" errors, something about magic in the logs, what can this be?
    Also - how do I delete homebrew from the main homebrew screen in Atmo, no "delete" option.
    Thanks!

20. Firion Hope

Firion Hope GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    US
    Hmm still having problems installing the latest patch for XC2. I've tried from multiple sources but it always crashes which means I have to remove the cart, delete software, and then install an older update I have. I wonder what could be causing it, I have Torna installed separately, could that be related? Any DLCs I install also dont work, in the menu it says I have all the content but it doesn't actually let me actually get any items in game, I guess because they don't match the update version? I could probably just install a nsp of XC2 and go that route, but if I have the cart in anyway it saves me some space and time.