1. Ambidextrose

Ambidextrose Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I did all the steps in the NH Switch guide to set up emuMMC but every time I actually try and boot into emuMMC it just brings me back to hekate again. Does anyone know why this is happening?

2. smash34

smash34 Member
    Newcomer

Pakistan
    Do I need to download all updates for smash bros ultimate or only the latest one?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

it is saying you need to delete everything because this sd card was used on another device..What do i do?

3. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    Only the last one.

4. kallek

kallek Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have CFW setup using Caffeine with emunand but it takes a lot of tries and I need a Internet connection, so I got a jig and am going to try to launch Hekate through RCM instead. Do I need to change any files on my SD card to jump from Caffeine to fusee-gelee? I should be able to boot RCM and use the hekate payload from PC or android without changing anything else, right?

Last edited by kallek, Sep 9, 2019
  5. gavinfriday69

gavinfriday69 Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Hello,

I would like to convert nsp to XCI.
    I have SX OS emunand running 8.1.0.
    I am a real noob because I don't know what steps to do to get the keys from the system.. I tried looking for keys online, but the ones I found gave me errors in the transformation proces

I have read some guides but still..

can you please help me

6. smash34

smash34 Member
    Newcomer

Pakistan
    When put my new sdcard with old files it is says it need to delete everything because this sd card was used on another device..What do i do?

7. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    First of all: Is your switch even vulnerable to fusee gelee? If it is, you can inject Hekate with pc and boot to atmosphere like before.

Lockpick RCM will do the job. Use NSC Builder to convert NSP to XCI and fill the key template with your keys.

Maybe you need to format it. You have important files on it?

8. kallek

kallek Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I bought the Switch on the day of release, so it should be vulnerable to fusee gelee.

9. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    Okay, then enter RCM (either with jig or autoRCM), inject payload and boot to atmosphere.

10. pupuz

pupuz Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Thanks for explaining. So at this moment I simply turn the Wifi on, update firmware legally, burn fuses, load Hekate 5.0.0 to set up EmuMMC, what will be the correct option for Fat32 there?

11. menixabic

menixabic Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Installed cfw. All is fine, but have some minor annoynace. How I can change clock time in hekate, screenshot of that i mean is on imgur /NNSPEXa (can not post links yet) because my clock time is very off from time in real word or in switch inself ? Maybe I need to modify some files or what ? It is like 8 hour difference

Last edited by menixabic, Sep 9, 2019
  12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I do not understand the question you are asking me.

13. Squalexy

Squalexy Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Hi guys! I just updated to 8.1.0 using ChoixDuJour but it shows an error when booting the cfw.

Error code: 2162-0002 (0x4a2)
    Firmware: 8.1.0 (Atmosphère 0.9.3-master-25218795)

14. pupuz

pupuz Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Sorry, it's the same one. What should be the next step when you've backed up everything on 4.1.0 hackable Switch, if you want EmuMMC+SysNand? Update via Nintendo and load previous Hekate? What's the option for "non-file-based method" you mention? Thanks!

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    There should be a title ID associated with that error. Delete it from your SD card to resolve the error code.

As for non-file-based method, you will have to partition the SD card yourself.

16. Taquito

Taquito Member
    Newcomer

Is there any way to format/factory reset and completly unlink a NNID without connecting to internet?

17. werneck14

werneck14 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I think you can unlink the NNID from the nintendo website upload_2019-9-9_13-21-12.png

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What is the current state of Android on the Switch? Are there still many bugs?

18. smash34

smash34 Member
    Newcomer

Pakistan
    Yes I do have important files such as games,photos,e.t.c.

19. Walo

Walo GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    So I ended up buying the used Switch with Atmosphere already installed and I have a few questions:

The guy who sold it told me that if the battery runs out, i’d only be able to turn the console on by plugging it to a PC and launching a program called Tegra. Anywhere I can read on it? I suppose this means the console already has Auto-RCM.

I’m also a bit confused about the process of installing games. He showed me I should use Goldleaf and connect the Switch to a PC directly. I think the game format should be NSP right? Anywhere I can read on how to install games? I also heard Fire Emblem has some issues when trying to install it? Is it Atmosphere just not being compatible?

I’d also like to switch to a larger SD card as it came with a 64 GB and I have a 128 GB one. What type of reformating option should I use and is it just a copy paste after doing that? What’s the folder I should make a back up off and never ever lose?

I don’t think the console has emunand. I also kinda goofed up and forgot I had my regular switch online through Ethernet, so airplane mode didn’t block online access. And the console downloaded a Contra Collection update on its own since the seller before was showing me I should just cancel out of update prompts. How screwed am I?

Also, for some reason, I was playing Odyssey with the joy cons without the controller adaptor and the controls seemed to act out all strange. Jumps wouldn’t register at times and it felt off. Are joy cons not syncing up correctly an issue? For all I know I could’ve just been pressing the sync button on accident, but I don’t think I did.

20. pofer

pofer GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I can answer a few of these, as I have had some experience with it already.

1- Judging by your response(and the prevous owner's) there is a high chance that it is running AutoRCM already (you can make sure about it by using Hekate's payload and checking under "tools - AutoRCM" more details here https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/autorcm/), so yeah, If the console runs out of battery or is turned off, you will have to send a Atmos' payload by either using TegraRCM on your PC or a dongle with the payload, I really recommend you getting a dongle as they are relatively cheap and will save you a ton of time and work. more info about how to do it here: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sending_payload/

2- You can either install the games using goldleaf or tinfoil, the file format that goldleaf supports is .nsp, and the installing process is rather simple, get the game on your SD if the file is below 4GBs(Fat32 won't allow you to place files heavier than 4GBs on your SD unless you partion it, but it is a tedious job), and install it directly from goldleaf, or use the remote install option with Goldtree if it is heavier than 4GBs. more info on that here https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/installnsps/installnsps-goldtree

EDIT: about the compatibility isues, while installing some NSPs, goldleaf might tell you that you're missing sigpatches or that you firmware is too low, a partial fix has been posted by the user "Ryft", you can read more about that here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/8-1-0-a...missing-sigpatches.547295/page-2#post-8780696

3- It might simply be the case of a faulty joycon, I have experienced it as well and only getting a new pair of joycons fixed it, though someone who knows another fix may be able to help you

Last edited by pofer, Sep 9, 2019
    Walo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH