Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never partition the SD card. I assumed I followed the emuNAND setup properly because I can boot into Atmosphere, but now Im not sure.
You did not setup an emuNAND, so you've been booting into sysNAND this whole time instead. It is dirty.

I recommend setting up an emuNAND now and then restoring your old NAND to your sysNAND.

dizzy117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did not setup an emuNAND, so you've been booting into sysNAND this whole time instead. It is dirty.

I recommend setting up an emuNAND now and then restoring your old NAND to your sysNAND.

Could you elaborate a little more? How can I restore my old NAND if I do not have a back up? Also, is there something I should look out for when trying to install emuNAND again to prevent the same mistake?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you elaborate a little more? How can I restore my old NAND if I do not have a back up? Also, is there something I should look out for when trying to install emuNAND again to prevent the same mistake?
Excuse me. I thought you said you had a backup. By not making a backup, you opened yourself up to an irreparable brick. It's also going to make returning to a clean state difficult (if not impossible). Before you do anything else, you should make a NAND backup now using Hekate.

If you've connected to the internet using your dirty sysNAND you installed NSP files to, there is a good chance you're going to be banned sometime in the near future.

I recommend following the steps below to clean your NAND, but there's a chance it doesn't matter at this point:
  1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already
  2. If it's connected to the internet, disconnect your Switch from the internet, since it's dirty
  3. Follow this guide to create an emuNAND
  4. Once you have a functional emuNAND with all of your backups, follow these steps to "clean" your sysNAND (this might not work, and as I said earlier, there's a good chance it's too late for you and you will be banned if you already connected to the internet). Alternatively, you could follow this guide to wipe your Switch, doing the system initialize option when available.

Last edited by Lacius,

dizzy117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've connected to the internet using your dirty sysNAND you installed NSP files to, there is a good chance you're going to be banned sometime in the near future.

I recommend following the steps below to clean your NAND, but there's a chance it doesn't matter at this point:

Thank you for the guides. I have used the Nintendo blocking DNS servers so Im sure I never made a connection to them. Silly question: wont making a back up now of my NAND be dirty aswell since it is already dirty?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the guides. I have used the Nintendo blocking DNS servers so Im sure I never made a connection to them. Silly question: wont making a back up now of my NAND be dirty aswell since it is already dirty?
Yes, but certain bricks require a NAND backup for recovery.

Reactions: dizzy117

Jinxthejiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but certain bricks require a NAND backup for recovery.

so i restored my backup and it was a success but now when i reboot i get a black screen and i cant send a payload from the computer even though it says RCM device is detected. Any idea why?

taotezen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything up until step 9 makes sense.
9. Install NSP files using DZ Tinfoil.
I get everything EXCEPT what to put to put on my pc (I have ns-usbloader and goldleaf)
Now after following the instructions the .nro give me an error in gold leaf.
How do I USE DZ tinfoil?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i restored my backup and it was a success but now when i reboot i get a black screen and i cant send a payload from the computer even though it says RCM device is detected. Any idea why?
If your backup didn't work, and you restored both the rawnand and the BOOT0/1, then you might want to follow this guide, doing the system initialize option.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

If that doesn't work, you might be dealing with a hardware issue.

If you can't push payloads, press the Power button once, and then hold the Power button for 15 seconds. Then, try to put it into RCM.

Everything up until step 9 makes sense.
9. Install NSP files using DZ Tinfoil.
I get everything EXCEPT what to put to put on my pc (I have ns-usbloader and goldleaf)
Now after following the instructions the .nro give me an error in gold leaf.
How do I USE DZ tinfoil?
Use DZ Tinfoil on the Switch, and use nut server on your PC.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Jinxthejiv

taotezen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Tinfoil on the Switch, and use nut server on your PC.

Is there a mac OS equivalent or a way to understand what it means by "Run python nut.py after installing the required pip modules or Windows users can use the precompiled nut.exe in the release section."
What are pip modules?

JDVIPER

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hey, noob here, I followed atmosphere guide, partitioned the SD, installed the emuMMC and got it to run through Hekate and even boot some homebrew, but whenever I'm on EmuMMC my games on the SD won't load: "This software is not currently on the console... insert the microSD card" but if I boot to sysMMC or stock I can play as usual, help D:

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Tinfoil on the Switch, and use nut server on your PC.

Is there a mac OS equivalent or a way to understand what it means by "Run python nut.py after installing the required pip modules or Windows users can use the precompiled nut.exe in the release section."
What are pip modules?
  1. Install Python on your Mac. You don't need Windows.
  2. Run "pip3 install colorama pyopenssl requests tqdm unidecode Pillow BeautifulSoup4 urllib3 Flask pyusb pyqt5"
  3. Run server.py
  4. Select the folder where your NSP files are stored.
After that, connect your Switch to your computer over USB and launch DZ Tinfoil.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hey, noob here, I followed atmosphere guide, partitioned the SD, installed the emuMMC and got it to run through Hekate and even boot some homebrew, but whenever I'm on EmuMMC my games on the SD won't load: "This software is not currently on the console... insert the microSD card" but if I boot to sysMMC or stock I can play as usual, help D:
The emuNAND and sysNAND don't use the same folder. Copy the contents of /Nintendo/ to /emummc/Nintendo_XXXX/

Are these legitimately purchased games?

Reactions: JDVIPER

taotezen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Install Python on your Mac. You don't need Windows.
  2. Run "pip3 install colorama pyopenssl requests tqdm unidecode Pillow BeautifulSoup4 urllib3 Flask pyusb pyqt5"
  3. Run server.py
  4. Select the folder where your NSP files are stored.
After that, connect your Switch to your computer over USB and launch DZ Tinfoil.

The emuNAND and sysNAND don't use the same folder. Copy the contents of /Nintendo/ to /emummc/Nintendo_XXXX/

Are these legitimately purchased games?
Almost there.
when I launch 'server.py" it doesn't ask me anything it just brings up a python window. (on another note I was able to install using tinfoil a .nro that I put on root and it works)

taotezen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to need to be more specific.

You mean NSP?
yes thats what I meant

You're going to need to be more specific.

You mean NSP?
Also in the nut-master folder there is a 'server.py' when I run it just gives me a window with commands I can run, I don't know what to run.

yes thats what I meant

Also in the nut-master folder there is a 'server.py' when I run it just gives me a window with commands I can run, I don't know what to run.

Whoa...I got it now.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Ozisis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the following:
  1. Remote all traces of Atmosphere from your SD card
  2. Redownload the latest Atmosphere and put it onto your SD card
  3. Redownload the latest signature patches and put them onto your SD card
  4. (Re)download the latest fusee-primary
  5. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
If the above steps don't work:
  1. Delete the games that don't work
  2. Reinstall the games using the DZ version of Tinfoil (use nut server if you want to install over USB)

Just wanted to get back to this thread to thank you. Didn't have time to try out the solution until today.

The issue was that I used GoldTree to install over USB and for some reason the games wanted to check the internet before starting. I deleted the games and installed the games from the SD card with Goldleaf 0.6 and the games work now.

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Lacius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: