Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

tonsofun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been away from running CFW on my switch since OS 6.0 or so and I keep reading about "burning fuses".

Would someone be nice enough to give me a brief explanation of "burning fuses" on the switch?

Are these physical fuses? What causes them to burn/how can I avoid it? What are the consequences if you do burn them? Thanks in advance!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been away from running CFW on my switch since OS 6.0 or so and I keep reading about "burning fuses".

Would someone be nice enough to give me a brief explanation of "burning fuses" on the switch?

Are these physical fuses? What causes them to burn/how can I avoid it? What are the consequences if you do burn them? Thanks in advance!

Fuse are used for anti downgrade, if you burn your fuse you can't downgrade in term of concept.

Akion94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating to 8.1.0, I could no longer use hekate to boot in cfw (Unknown pkg1 version. Failed to launch firmware). I saw the other post saying that we could use fusee-primary to boot into Atmosphere cfw directly instead of hekate, but the problem is my screen just turns black when I use fusee-primary as boot-loader. If I press the power button after that, my switch will boot into stock fw again. Does anyone know what is the problem here?

Ultimabuster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm new to switch CFW. I just put ReiNX 2.3 on it and updated my switch to 7.0.1
I then noticed they released ReiNX 2.4, so I installed that via the ReiNX toolkit (I don't know how to verify though). I then updated to 8.1.0 using Choidujounx
Everything seems to be fine except for sleep mode. Before these updates (on 7.0.1) I could sleep my switch fine, but now when I put it to sleep it won't wake up. I have to hold down the power button for 10-15 seconds, then inject the reinx payload again. I could wake up my switch fine on ReiNX 2.3 and switch 7.0.1

Is there a fix for this?

hiraka

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey all,

Switch is currently banned :< in saying that it keeps checking online for legitimacy of my games, Weather or not they are pirated I can no longer play them. How do i get pass this or am i doomed?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So since I have updated my switch to 8.1, my fuses have blown? If so what is the downside, just so you cannot downgrade? I can still run an updated CFW, correct?
You can check your fuses with hekate (Print fuses). Depends on how you updated. If you have updated with ChoiDujourNX and didn’t disable autoRCM, your fine. If you have updated with official system update, you very likely burnt the fuses. But as I mentioned before, check your fuses with hekate.
You can also downgrade with burnt fuses but you can’t boot with official Nintendo boot loader anymore. So you always have to boot with hekate or SX OS boot loader to disable the fuse check.

Reactions: tonsofun

dagarui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You pretty much answered your own question. As for which firmware you should update to, either 8.0 or 8.0.1 is fine as Hekate does not support firmware 8.1 yet.

And while emuEMMC is out for Atmosphere, it is considered experimental and only supports the hidden partition method. It is also currently not very user-friendly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
thanks for helping me! so with this update, I don't will update the OFW right? because I do have a clean nand backup from 5.xx
if the "hidden partition" method works fine, how can I do this as well? I would like to have a OFW partition and a CFW partition so I can still play online with the OFW. maybe you can help me out with that as well?

my steps for now are

1. update athmosphere
2. download 8.0.0 fw
3. update ChoiDujourNX
4. update hekate
5. update in CFW the 8.0.0 without burning fuses,
6. restart and boot into CFW -> no fuses burned right?

if I want to play with "hidden partition" I need to downgrad to original 5.x.x right? and then do everything from new? or can I do it some how else?

thanks for helping me

Hedgehog576

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Recently, i've been encountering an issue where when i try to turn on Tinfoil, the loading bar shows the titles from the db folder loading and then it just cuts to the main menu of Tinfoil. Therefore i can't install games, pls halp

maciek930

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That .GIF file shows nothing. But if you copied the files over and merged them, it probably did not properly update your files. Delete everything from your SD card except the Nintendo and possibly Switch folders then move the new files over. Also how did you format it to FAT32? And what cluster/allocation size did you select?

Try launching ReiNX a second time?

I use AOMEI Partition Assistant and I choose 32KB. I try everything sd card with necessary files and empty but nothing new still I see only ns-atmosphere logo and Welcome to Atmosphere.

brattanek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys,

I have problem with New_Super_Mario_Bros._U_Deluxe I don't know why but always the game is starting with nabbit and with 99 lives :/ and is lack of nabbit in gameplay
20190623_212751.jpg

Yesterday was ok :/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex If all switch units have the ability to go into RCM then why is mine not after I've followed the instructions to the T on the gbatmp.net link for how to find out if you switch is patched that Hayato213 kindly guided me too. I did the instruction correctly and it would not turn on until I replaced the joy-con controller back on the switch. Instructions said to insert the jig I did. Download the app needs I did then press and hold Vol+ and power then there should be a black screen after it turns on but nothing turned on. Wouldn't power up @ all and switch was fully charged and still is before I attempted. Can anyone tell me where I did wrong and provide the solution.
RCM is user-dependent. That means whether or not you enter RCM depends on whether or not you are shorting pin 10 which cannot be verified unless you enter RCM. If you aren't entering RCM, then you are not shorting pin 10. And if you are not shorting pin 10, you may have to use something else to enter RCM such as a paperclip, aluminum foil, sim card remover, screwdrivers, etc. Not all jigs successfully boot a console into RCM. Consult this thread for a list of items other people used to enter RCM.

Hi guys just wanted to ask whether all homebrew works on 8.1.0?
Like themes, retroarch, goldleaf, edizon, etc.
I haven't heard of any incompatibilities on 8.1 but nothing requires you to be on 8.1 aside from online play which isn't a good idea with a hacked console anyways.

Hi guys please can someone give detailed tutorial on how to install nsp files on switch sx os? Thanks
  1. Download SX Installer
  2. Put .NSP files on SD card
  3. Launch SX Installer
  4. Profit
After updating to 8.1.0, I could no longer use hekate to boot in cfw (Unknown pkg1 version. Failed to launch firmware). I saw the other post saying that we could use fusee-primary to boot into Atmosphere cfw directly instead of hekate, but the problem is my screen just turns black when I use fusee-primary as boot-loader. If I press the power button after that, my switch will boot into stock fw again. Does anyone know what is the problem here?
Make sure your fusee-primary is the latest one from Atmosphere V0.9.1

Hey, I'm new to switch CFW. I just put ReiNX 2.3 on it and updated my switch to 7.0.1
I then noticed they released ReiNX 2.4, so I installed that via the ReiNX toolkit (I don't know how to verify though). I then updated to 8.1.0 using Choidujounx
Everything seems to be fine except for sleep mode. Before these updates (on 7.0.1) I could sleep my switch fine, but now when I put it to sleep it won't wake up. I have to hold down the power button for 10-15 seconds, then inject the reinx payload again. I could wake up my switch fine on ReiNX 2.3 and switch 7.0.1

Is there a fix for this?
Redownload the latest version of ReiNX here. This release is missing the homebrew menu which you can redownload from the guide here.

Hey all,

Switch is currently banned :< in saying that it keeps checking online for legitimacy of my games, Weather or not they are pirated I can no longer play them. How do i get pass this or am i doomed?
What CFW are you using? And does your console have a linked Nintendo Account? If yes, is your console the Primary or Secondary account holder?

thanks for helping me! so with this update, I don't will update the OFW right? because I do have a clean nand backup from 5.xx
if the "hidden partition" method works fine, how can I do this as well? I would like to have a OFW partition and a CFW partition so I can still play online with the OFW. maybe you can help me out with that as well?

my steps for now are

1. update athmosphere
2. download 8.0.0 fw
3. update ChoiDujourNX
4. update hekate
5. update in CFW the 8.0.0 without burning fuses,
6. restart and boot into CFW -> no fuses burned right?

if I want to play with "hidden partition" I need to downgrad to original 5.x.x right? and then do everything from new? or can I do it some how else?

thanks for helping me
Problem is Atmosphere's emuEMMC is a bit unstable and not user-friendly so I do not recommend using it for the time being or at least until its more stable and/or noob-friendly. But you can setup the hidden partition at any point. You just have to restore your clean NAND backup before going online in sysEMMC.

I use AOMEI Partition Assistant and I choose 32KB. I try everything sd card with necessary files and empty but nothing new still I see only ns-atmosphere logo and Welcome to Atmosphere.
Try formatting with GUIFormat instead. The cluster size is appropriate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro