Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully someone can answer this for me before I start playing around with my switch.

I currently have a switch which uses sxos. I'm able to install games fine on to it no problem. Are these games installed on the system no matter what cfw I booted in to? If I was to install atmosphere as well on my sd card and boot to that, will the games all show as working still and saves be in tact or is everything different for different cfw?

ReiNX and Atmosphere rely on sig patches for games, SXOS doesn't rely on that.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Could someone explain to me why this guide says that at least one eshop game or game cart is required to set up a console for homebrew?

https://switchgui.de/switch-guide/user_guide/getting_started/#console-preparation

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else.
You don’t need that since you can launch homebrew with album.
You will now be able to launch the Homebrew Menu by by holding the R button while launching any game (including demos/cartridges), application (e.g. Youtube/Hulu), or the album. If R is not held, the album, game, or application will launch like normal.

Reactions: DrDoctor

mikey1armstrong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You won't be immediately banned for going online with a hacked Switch. You should have enough time to go online, update to the latest firmware, and link a Nintendo Accout.
Ok so i was playing around last night creating an emunand which was fine, restored sysnand back to my original which was 4.1 i think it was, went online and updated. Proper $hit myself when i checked the settings and it said fw 8.0. Bad timing or what? Well it doesn't seem to have broken anything, i can still boot into my 6.2 emunand.
Can i reinstall my sysnand back with my backup? is there any point? Am i right in thinking to wait until tx have sorted the sxos with fw 8.0, go online with my emunand and link a nintendo account which was my original requirement, or should i update the emunand with ChoiDujourNX to fw 8 when its available?
Sorry for all the questions....

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
No, it still works for any switch firmware. The downside is that you will have issues modding the joycons (if you even do that).
Thanks. Could you elaborate on mods that I would be losing on? I assume it’s jig stuff (which I know nothing about). Would just buy in a jig replace the need for joycons to be modded?

boubou34

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
quick question

I read the tutorials on how to reset a switch, dump nand etc... And it seems super complicated and i WILL mess it up..

I'm on 6.0 and sx os pro on, i haven't done any nand, so my question is :

If i remove SD card, i remove all the games installed on the desktop (xci only) and i reboot the switch, what are my chances to get ban ? I know it's not an exact science but can you give me an approx. ?
If ban, what type of ban would it be (ban from accessing online ?)

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo,
So I haven't done anything with switch hacking and still have my console from getting it a couple months after launching. I want to be able to use online as well as switch between having it hacked and it being clean(because other people also use my switch). Is this currently possible? How hard is it to switch back and forth between hacks and no hacks?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Oh okay, so it was an older requirement.
I'm starting to doubt which guide should I follow, each seems to have various degrees of outdatedness...
https://guide.sdsetup.com/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yo,
So I haven't done anything with switch hacking and still have my console from getting it a couple months after launching. I want to be able to use online as well as switch between having it hacked and it being clean(because other people also use my switch). Is this currently possible? How hard is it to switch back and forth between hacks and no hacks?
1) Use SX OS with EmuNAND.
OR
2) Create NAND backup and restore before you go online after CFW.

Reactions: DrDoctor

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have bought a (secondhand) unpatched switch. I was checking the settings and clicked on tv output (in handheld mode) and it only shows 480p, while my patched switch 480 p 720 and 1080p. I only play handheld mode so i assume its not a big deal, but i am curious to why this unpatched switch is just showing 480p

It runs on FW 7.1, no CFW of any sorts yet.

I did attemp a factory reset.

no tips at all? D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi