Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Just search for it on google man, there are plenty guides and FAQs... In this forum there is a big hekate thread...
Yeah, there to many and that's a problem.
In many of them there no needed info, like cfw: all switch support, fuuse glee all switch support...

There no accurate one...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt really see how to use the "cheat engine" have you ever seen it used before? whats the process per se?
I've never used it myself but there are instructions on their website.
Cool, after reading more i think maybe it's worth waiting and have question. For patched units the hacking is via deja vu which is browserhax > nvhax > gmmuhax > nspwn > [undisclosed] > warmboothax? The browserhax > nvhax have been released recently, allow userland and homebrew? The warmboothax part is the same as in current hack to enter in atmosphere? The gmmuhax > nspwn > [undisclosed] is unreleased yet due to still being present in unreleased new switchs? So the whole chain will allow running atmosphere on the patched swiches?
edit: on 4.1 firm (my firm) as on higher firm some of the chain have been pached and are needed additional hax?
Yes, Pegaswitch currently allows for homebrew on firmwares 3.0 and below (its been updated to 4.1 but I don't think anybody has tested it out). The exploit chain Deja Vu has been confirmed to work up to firmware 4.1 and is currently being delayed due to the ongoing work with Atmosphere as well as getting support for firmware 7.0. But yes, once released, patched units will be able to utilize Deja Vu to load CFW such as Atmosphere. Another hacker by the name of hexkyz has stated he was he was able to get Deja Vu to work past firmware 4.1 (and up to 6.1) but the general consensus is to still not go past 4.1. In fact, its impossible to update to a firmware below 7.0 with a patched unit unless you buy a retail cartridge.

Reactions: Lacius

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
The developers behind Atmosphere are against any .NSP files you install because of multiple reasons (e.g. piracy, ban risk, etc.) so they created an override function to not only allow a safer way to use homebrew, but to also confuse pirates by creating another type of .NSP file. While this doesn't answer your question, just know that it is down to personal preference. The only noteworthy difference is that the override function has a lower ban risk but for people who don't care about being banned, that difference becomes negligible. Not sure which dummy title is preferred but any free game on the eShop should do like Pokemon Quest, Hulu, Fortnite, etc.

If there is no specific "wrapper" app, I'll just use a game, to not waste space on an extra. Thanks!

Reactions: Draxzelex

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
question about auto rcm, is it worth it? i heard since the switch wont be able to charge when in auto rcm if you let it turn off it will be stuck in a semi brick state since auto rcm won't let it charge is this true?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about auto rcm, is it worth it? i heard since the switch wont be able to charge when in auto rcm if you let it turn off it will be stuck in a semi brick state since auto rcm won't let it charge is this true?
AutoRCM is mandatory for certain situations such as preserving your fuses when running a firmware higher than the fuse count. That is because without AutoRCM, fuses will be burnt when the console detects that firmware on startup. Outside of that, it is the only method of entering RCM that has a 100% success rate. It is also the cheapest way, starting at a whopping free dollars and free cents. I was personally using AutoRCM before we could update without burning fuses and even though I am stuck with it now that I have updated my firmware, I don't regret it in the slightest.

That being said, even with AutoRCM enabled, your console will always be able to charge. AutoRCM only reduces the charge rate in RCM so if for whatever reason your console runs out of battery with AutoRCM enabled, it will come back to life but much slower than expected. It is also not a good idea to let the console empty its battery with or without AutoRCM as this will reduce the lifespan of the battery so this is overall not a good habit you should be accustomed to.

The only thing you need to be aware of with AutoRCM is that the console will reboot back into RCM whenever you turn it off from Horizon aka CFW/OFW. This is unavoidable but manageable. There are multiple ways of successfully turning off a console with AutoRCM all of which involve shutting it down from RCM whether its sending Hekate as a payload and using its Power Off function or performing a manual shutdown in RCM.

Reactions: darkziosj

Domi78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, I'm new at Switch hacking so this should be my thread, i guess.
I have my switch now since some years. Meanwhile i'm at v5.0.1. The switch was nagging me with system update but i didn't do it.
To remove it, i first blocked the online connection via 90DNS. Then i started Recovery Mode an (here ist the mistake) i reset the settings but kept the savegames. This works great for my new games, which i've never played, but my old games won't start anymore.
They want to download a update - which is wat i don't want because i want to stay at 5.0.1.
What can i do?

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Oh do the point is to never let switch turn off by batery discharge or turn it off by holding the power button? so i need to use the sleep mode always and in the case it discharges there's no brick it just will take long to charge? also im using sx os, how much space emunand takes from the original space? it doesn't says anywhere.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm new at Switch hacking so this should be my thread, i guess.
I have my switch now since some years. Meanwhile i'm at v5.0.1. The switch was nagging me with system update but i didn't do it.
To remove it, i first blocked the online connection via 90DNS. Then i started Recovery Mode an (here ist the mistake) i reset the settings but kept the savegames. This works great for my new games, which i've never played, but my old games won't start anymore.
They want to download a update - which is wat i don't want because i want to stay at 5.0.1.
What can i do?
You appear to be suffering from the "super nag" which is a flag set in your system whenever you connect a console with a low firmware online. One thing you can try is Gag Order. If that doesn't work, the next thing you can try is restoring a complete NAND backup (meaning rawnand and boot0/boot1) that was made hopefully before the nag started. If you don't have a complete NAND backup and Gag Order doesn't work, your only choice is to update your firmware. I recommend using the homebrew application, ChoiDujourNX.

Domi78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You appear to be suffering from the "super nag" which is a flag set in your system whenever you connect a console with a low firmware online. One thing you can try is Gag Order. If that doesn't work, the next thing you can try is restoring a complete NAND backup (meaning rawnand and boot0/boot1) that was made hopefully before the nag started. If you don't have a complete NAND backup and Gag Order doesn't work, your only choice is to update your firmware. I recommend using the homebrew application, ChoiDujourNX.

Yes, it looks like, this was my problem but resetting via the recovery menu fixed it. The "super nag" is now gone but it seems, that the reset has also deleted the game update files. How can i redownload and install the game updates without updating the system firmare?
At the moment i have NOT tried any hacking tool. That means i have no NAND backup yet.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Maybe try another CFW like Atmosphere using Fusee or ReiNX?

I've tried using Atmosphere now aswell. Same thing. It is also not the SD Card. I am primarily running ReiNX on one SD Card, and Atmosphere on another. I'm just pretty sure it has to do with the fact that my fuse count is above the allowed amount for my FW. But there just has to be more to it, or I wouldn't be the only one with this problem:/

Just so we are totally clear: Hekate 4.6 IS supposed to fix the sleep issue on downgraded units with a higher fuse count, right? That's what I've read, at least...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh do the point is to never let switch turn off by batery discharge or turn it off by holding the power button? so i need to use the sleep mode always and in the case it discharges there's no brick it just will take long to charge? also im using sx os, how much space emunand takes from the original space? it doesn't says anywhere.
You can use sleep mode but it kinda defeats the purpose of AutoRCM as the point of sleep mode is to not turn off the console and AutoRCM is only useful if you turn off the console a lot.

As for SX OS EmuNAND, that depends on where you install it. Internal memory is up to 15 GB whereas on the SD card whether as a file or hidden partition is 32 GB

Yes, it looks like, this was my problem but resetting via the recovery menu fixed it. The "super nag" is now gone but it seems, that the reset has also deleted the game update files. How can i redownload and install the game updates without updating the system firmare?
At the moment i have NOT tried any hacking tool. That means i have no NAND backup yet.
Then you cannot install any game updates without hacking the console or updating your firmware.
I've tried using Atmosphere now aswell. Same thing. It is also not the SD Card. I am primarily running ReiNX on one SD Card, and Atmosphere on another. I'm just pretty sure it has to do with the fact that my fuse count is above the allowed amount for my FW. But there just has to be more to it, or I wouldn't be the only one with this problem:/

Just so we are totally clear: Hekate 4.6 IS supposed to fix the sleep issue on downgraded units with a higher fuse count, right? That's what I've read, at least...
Correct. Is your SD card formatted as exFAT? Its possible the SD card is corrupted which is preventing the sleep mode library from working which you can easily fix with a reformat.

Domi78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Then you cannot install any game updates without hacking the console or updating your firmware.
Hacking the console is what i want. This is why i prevented the update. I'm currently reading the tutorials and try to understand everything.
As far as i understand, Game-Updates are NSP files which i can get via CDNSP-GUI or from some other sites. I allready found a Game-Update-List and a NSP from "Mario Odyssey" in version 1.2.0 - but with over 5 GB this is a complete ROM i guess?

Sogekingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i got a switch with SX PRO now my favorite WII U game Mario maker will be release on switch as Mario Maker 2

my question:

it is possible to play mario maker 2 ONLINE ( for sure i BUY it! )
and ALL other games goes offline with SX ?

with Loadiine on Wii u it was possible , i hope it will be possible on switch :)

Thanks for answer

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hacking the console is what i want. This is why i prevented the update. I'm currently reading the tutorials and try to understand everything.
As far as i understand, Game-Updates are NSP files which i can get via CDNSP-GUI or from some other sites. I allready found a Game-Update-List and a NSP from "Mario Odyssey" in version 1.2.0 - but with over 5 GB this is a complete ROM i guess?
Yup, updates are .NSP files that you install with a title manager such as Goldleaf, Tinfoil, or Tinfoil (yes there are two different applications that are both named Tinfoil, don't ask why). As for whether or not its a complete ROM, that I'm not sure about as the game is listed to be about 5.7 GB so its smaller than the actual game but only by a little.
i got a switch with SX PRO now my favorite WII U game Mario maker will be release on switch as Mario Maker 2

my question:

it is possible to play mario maker 2 ONLINE ( for sure i BUY it! )
and ALL other games goes offline with SX ?

with Loadiine on Wii u it was possible , i hope it will be possible on switch :)

Thanks for answer
Well with SX OS, you can setup an EmuNAND for offline play with CFW and homebrew and SysNAND for legitimate online play but in order to play Mario Maker 2 online, you will need to purchase the game. Do not compare the Wii U to the Switch as they vary in many different ways from hardware to security (e.g. Wii U took years to hack while the Switch was busted wide open in a little over a year).

Reactions: Sogekingo

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to install a game directly from my phones micro
sd? Copy pasting from micro SD to phone to switch micro SD gets old.

Also what's that website that shows what games are on what firmware?

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there a way to install a game directly from my phones micro
sd? Copy pasting from micro SD to phone to switch micro SD gets old.

Also what's that website that shows what games are on what firmware?

No you cant do that.

And that website is gbatemp and the thread is stickied lol

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

I see the thing that confuses me is that in the SX OS manual it says 'with auto-rcm your switch will not boot normally if it is complety powered off and will require a dongle or send a payload, to avoid that you need to use the sleep mode and avoid the switch batery from going too low. '

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the thing that confuses me is that in the SX OS manual it says 'with auto-rcm your switch will not boot normally if it is complety powered off and will require a dongle or send a payload, to avoid that you need to use the sleep mode and avoid the switch batery from going too low. '
Well like I said you certainly can use sleep mode but it just defeats the purpose of setting up AutoRCM. AutoRCM is meant to remove the jig portion of the equation for CFW (but not the payload/dongle part) and you only need the jig for entering RCM after you shut down the system.

Reactions: darkziosj

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw