Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it worth creating/using Emunand (sx os) if i already used early homebrew (.nro) on my sysnand before i backed it up?
Kinda depends. If you've been online with your SysNAND after it ran homebrew, then setting up an EmuNAND partition is just going to delay the inevitable. But if you haven't, it might be worth checking out this guide for manually cleaning up your SysNAND. I personally can't speak to its safety or guarantee, but other people have followed it and haven't been banned yet.

Reactions: LuigiXL

Wrig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I cant fit all the back ups on my sd card at the same time. Can I backup the emmc user separately, and if I do should i store them on my pc separately or will I not be able to restore them if I do this?

Ky3mu40FF

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello everyone!
Just bought Switch few days ago. Zelda bundle with 4.1.0 OFW
Right after that i backuped eMMC BOOT0/1, RAW GPP, SYS, USER and did biskeydump.
And after that I safely updated console to 6.2.0 using ChoiDujourNX.
Right now checked fuses - 5 fuses blown out, which corresponds to firmware 4.1.0

Switch never had connected to internet. Neither on the OFW, nor on the CFW.

Question is:
When I want to restore my Switch (to make emuNand, if it will be implemented on Atmosphere, for example), I just need to restore my NAND backup via hekatu while I'm on 6.2.0, or should I downgrade 4.1.0 via ChoiDujourNX first?

Sorry for my English.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant fit all the back ups on my sd card at the same time. Can I backup the emmc user separately, and if I do should i store them on my pc separately or will I not be able to restore them if I do this?
Forgot to mention that you can actually dump the rawnand in parts if your SD card is formatted as FAT32 and/or it doesn't have 29.1 GB or more of free space. Afterwards, you can join the files with any file joiner program or one of the scripts on Hekate's GitHub Page (which is also the tool I recommend dumping the NAND with).
Hello everyone!
Just bought Switch few days ago. Zelda bundle with 4.1.0 OFW
Right after that i backuped eMMC BOOT0/1, RAW GPP, SYS, USER and did biskeydump.
And after that I safely updated console to 6.2.0 using ChoiDujourNX.
Right now checked fuses - 5 fuses blown out, which corresponds to firmware 4.1.0

Switch never had connected to internet. Neither on the OFW, nor on the CFW.

Question is:
When I want to restore my Switch (to make emuNand, if it will be implemented on Atmosphere, for example), I just need to restore my NAND backup via hekatu while I'm on 6.2.0, or should I downgrade 4.1.0 via ChoiDujourNX first?

Sorry for my English.
Restore the NAND backup meaning you will have to restore boot0/boot1 and eMMC raw GPP.

Reactions: Ky3mu40FF and Wrig

Wrig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The size of the sd card is 64gb, when i tried to back up boot 0/1, raw gpp, sys and user it comes to 300mb over this, is that right, everywhere i read it says it should be 29gb like you say

Ky3mu40FF

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Forgot to mention that you can actually dump the rawnand in parts if your SD card is formatted as FAT32 and/or it doesn't have 29.1 GB or more of free space. Afterwards, you can join the files with any file joiner program or one of the scripts on Hekate's GitHub Page (which is also the tool I recommend dumping the NAND with).
Restore the NAND backup meaning you will have to restore boot0/boot1 and eMMC raw GPP.
So does it mean that full nand (from 4.1.0) restore while I'm on 6.2.0 will be equal to downgrade to 4.1.0, am I right?

pz64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone I have a simple question has switch hacking evolved to the point where we can inject or play gamecube roms yet? because my softmodded wii u is like my retro nintendo console that I have all my old favorite gamecube and n64 games on it. I cant wait till I can put all my gamecube roms on my switch for a portable gamecube experience on the switch. So my question is, is this possible yet with any of the current cfws?? and if not is this being worked on or is it even possible? thank you.

kyle5482

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a clean switch running on FW 2.3 and an exFAT 128 gb SDXC microsd card, and have purchased Switch SX OS Pro. It’s my understanding that I should use exFAT instead of 32FAT but that requires an update, but that would prevent me from hacking it right? And I need the microSD card to set up SXOS and emunand and sysNAND back ups right? So how do I proceed?

I do have a second switch (my original) which I do not intend to hack, would I be able to format it on there to use on this switch? And if so would this process effect anything on my original switch (I’ve already formatted another 128gb SD card which I’ve been using for a few months now).

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a clean switch running on FW 2.3 and an exFAT 128 gb SDXC microsd card, and have purchased Switch SX OS Pro. It’s my understanding that I should use exFAT instead of 32FAT but that requires an update, but that would prevent me from hacking it right? And I need the microSD card to set up SXOS and emunand and sysNAND back ups right? So how do I proceed?

I do have a second switch (my original) which I do not intend to hack, would I be able to format it on there to use on this switch? And if so would this process effect anything on my original switch (I’ve already formatted another 128gb SD card which I’ve been using for a few months now).
First off, you don't need exFAT. You can do everything with FAT32. exFAT only makes the process of hacking easier but at the cost of possibly corrupting your SD card. FAT32 does not have this risk. If you don't mind risking corruption and formatting your entire SD card if it ever becomes corrupted, you can use exFAT but otherwise its better to use FAT32.

Secondly, you can get exFAT with and without updating, the former of which won't prevent you from hacking it. To get it without updating, you can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to patch your current or any other firmware you feed it to have exFAT support.

Finally, I don't see how your second Switch will help you hack the first one.

kyle5482

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response; regarding my second switch, I was only referring to the ability to format my SD card as it’s already up to date. As for using home brew apps to update, are you referring to after installing home brew using a fat 32 SDcard? Otherwise how would I be able to apply SX OS without a readable SD card? Lastly, would you recommend fat 32 over exFAT for the stability?

Edit - If I were to use fat 32, set up SX OS, Create an EmuNAND and update above 5.1.0 (which I believe is when support was added) would I be able to use exFAT there? And is it only corruptable on lower OS or is it just exFAT in general that is less stable?

Last edited by kyle5482,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response; regarding my second switch, I was only referring to the ability to format my SD card as it’s already up to date. As for using home brew apps to update, are you referring to after installing home brew using a fat 32 SDcard? Otherwise how would I be able to apply SX OS without a readable SD card? Lastly, would you recommend fat 32 over exFAT for the stability?

Edit - If I were to use fat 32, set up SX OS, Create an EmuNAND and update above 5.1.0 (which I believe is when support was added) would I be able to use exFAT there? And is it only corruptable on lower OS or is it just exFAT in general that is less stable?
I always recommend FAT32 over exFAT as we have numerous ways of bypassing the 4 GB limit with FAT32 but don't have to deal with updating for exFAT support or corruption.

Also you appear to have a few misconceptions about exFAT. exFAT is supported on all firmwares except 1.0. However they are not supported "out of the box" so to speak. They need to be patched in order to support exFAT which is what ChoiDujourNX can do. The alternative method involves letting Nintendo patch it but they only do that for the latest firmware at the time. Meaning if want exFAT support on a firmware lower than the current, you must use ChoiDujourNX. And firmware has nothing to do with corruption; the corruption is due to Nintendo's implementation of exFAT.

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had two questions.

1. I have cfw on my switch and i just remembered my nintendo account is still linked to my switch. I dont really care for my account however, forgot user/pass and its inaccessible because i deleted the e mail associated with it months ago. Is there a way within cfw to remove the account from my switch? Normally this wouldnt matter but v

2. About online play, from what i understand theres a method using lanplay to still be able to play online. Now from what i recall this is method uses non nintendo servers correct? Or is this basically to use nintendo sercers for free? If so i wanted to block telemetry but as i mentioned its not possible since my i cant get into my old account and i cant unlink it from my switch now since its cfw'd now. Rather not go through the process of reapplying my back up and unlinking requires an update.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had two questions.

1. I have cfw on my switch and i just remembered my nintendo account is still linked to my switch. I dont really care for my account however, forgot user/pass and its inaccessible because i deleted the e mail associated with it months ago. Is there a way within cfw to remove the account from my switch? Normally this wouldnt matter but v

2. About online play, from what i understand theres a method using lanplay to still be able to play online. Now from what i recall this is method uses non nintendo servers correct? Or is this basically to use nintendo sercers for free? If so i wanted to block telemetry but as i mentioned its not possible since my i cant get into my old account and i cant unlink it from my switch now since its cfw'd now. Rather not go through the process of reapplying my back up and unlinking requires an update.
  1. The Account is also linked on Nintendo's servers so all methods of doing it with hacks don't completely work as the account won't become fully unlinked unless you go online to unlink it from your console. Offline, the best you can manage is unregistering it as the Primary but the Account will still be linked in that instance
  2. If you've heard of Xlink Kai, its basically that in a nutshell. In fact, Xlink Kai now supports the Nintendo Switch. What it does is it tunnels LAN traffic into an external server that anyone can join as long as they have the IP address. This method does not involve Nintendo's servers in any form. However because it utilizes LAN instead of traditional online, matchmaking is not as efficient since people need to be in the same lobby.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol