Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. The Account is also linked on Nintendo's servers so all methods of doing it with hacks don't completely work as the account won't become fully unlinked unless you go online to unlink it from your console. Offline, the best you can manage is unregistering it as the Primary but the Account will still be linked in that instance
  2. If you've heard of Xlink Kai, its basically that in a nutshell. In fact, Xlink Kai now supports the Nintendo Switch. What it does is it tunnels LAN traffic into an external server that anyone can join as long as they have the IP address. This method does not involve Nintendo's servers in any form. However because it utilizes LAN instead of traditional online, matchmaking is not as efficient since people need to be in the same lobby.
I see. So so even by removing the linked account from my switch, it would still be linked because of some sort of hardware check id imagine? Only way id imagine it would be if actually removing the data doesnt help. Thats really annoying. After looking it up i also found that switches cant be unlinked after the 6.0 update anymore. Dunno how youre supposed to sell a switch in the future if your i formations still on it

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. So so even by removing the linked account from my switch, it would still be linked because of some sort of hardware check id imagine? Only way id imagine it would be if actually removing the data doesnt help. Thats really annoying. After looking it up i also found that switches cant be unlinked after the 6.0 update anymore. Dunno how youre supposed to sell a switch in the future if your i formations still on it
Its not really a hardware check, the account is linked both with your console and their server; if its unlinked on the console, it will try and relay that info to Nintendo. If it doesn't succeed, because the console is offline or its banned, it will continuously nag you about the failure to unlink properly. Also you can un-link the account even after firmware 6.0, but it involves deleting the User associated with the account which who knows what happens to the save data and associated content after the deletion.

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not really a hardware check, the account is linked both with your console and their server; if its unlinked on the console, it will try and relay that info to Nintendo. If it doesn't succeed, because the console is offline or its banned, it will continuously nag you about the failure to unlink properly. Also you can un-link the account even after firmware 6.0, but it involves deleting the User associated with the account which who knows what happens to the save data and associated content after the deletion.

Alright. Well turns out my e mail which i deleted ages ago is still around for some reason. Was able to get into my account and update info so thats good.

Besides that however, i see that the option to disable user information in my nintendo account is gone. Is this just enabled by default now or is nintendo veing shady? And what does disabling telemetry even do if i still cant go online with a cfw switch?

tobias2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hi guys.
I've read the guides and managed to update my 4.01 console to 6.2 without burning fuses.
Unfortunately I mixed up 2 SD cards and killed my nand backup. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware in order to get a new clean dump or is there something else I could to "repair" my mistake?

Ps: I'd already tried some recovery tools. They didn't work.

adrenaline2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got a newly hacked switch with atmosphere. My ofw and cfw is 6.2.0. I converted a Super Mario odyssey xci to nsp and installed it with tinfoil, I told it to ignore firmware requirement.

When I try to start the game, it says roughly translated: there is an update available.
I have 3 choices: start software, cancel, download.

Is it safe to click start software or will it do something bad to my switch?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've got a newly hacked switch with atmosphere. My ofw and cfw is 6.2.0. I converted a Super Mario odyssey xci to nsp and installed it with tinfoil, I told it to ignore firmware requirement.

When I try to start the game, it says roughly translated: there is an update available.
I have 3 choices: start software, cancel, download.

Is it safe to click start software or will it do something bad to my switch?

this is a game update not a software update. Find and install the game update or just start software if you don't care

Reactions: adrenaline2010

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. Before buying a switch I want to know: Can the console have an automatic, or coldboot hack? Does it still need a jig? I don't want to launch each time an exploit via browser. Thanks.

Last edited by depaul,

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Before buying a switch I want to know: Can the console have an automatic, or coldboot hack? Does it still need a jig? I don't want to launch each time an exploit via browser. Thanks.
Yep you still need a jig/tinfoil/a paperclip/modded joy con if you use hekate. You can install a payload injector to your phone so you dont have to use your pc everytime. Just get a small portable usb c to usb c cable.

As for sx os i dont know but i aint paying for cfw

Edit: forgot to mention but no, no coldboot exploit exists yet as far as im aware. Probably wont happen for awhile

Last edited by baked potato,
Reactions: depaul

Sparky076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I get the digital versions on games on my legit switch onto my hacked switch? My legit one is 6.2.0, and my hacked one is 4.1.0. They're both hackable.

kyle5482

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always recommend FAT32 over exFAT as we have numerous ways of bypassing the 4 GB limit with FAT32 but don't have to deal with updating for exFAT support or corruption.

Also you appear to have a few misconceptions about exFAT. exFAT is supported on all firmwares except 1.0. However they are not supported "out of the box" so to speak. They need to be patched in order to support exFAT which is what ChoiDujourNX can do. The alternative method involves letting Nintendo patch it but they only do that for the latest firmware at the time. Meaning if want exFAT support on a firmware lower than the current, you must use ChoiDujourNX. And firmware has nothing to do with corruption; the corruption is due to Nintendo's implementation of exFAT.

I see, thank you for your help!

sayja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi guys, just a quick question: Is there an easy way to create a nand backup from the hidden emunand in sx os 2.5? like one that is the same as if I were to use Hekate to create a full nand backup of my ofw console nand, just of the hidden sd emunand... I read through the forums, but couldn't find an easy/understandable (for me) solution, or a definite answer. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Trophies
XP
Country
According to this post:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

Yes, it seem so. If it is 0007, and not 1007, then yes.
It's 00071.
lQMfFMQ.png

Last edited by AvatarMew,

vitushan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi i'm new to this and I just bought a switch and someone online said they can mod my switch for me but my serial number is XAW4001200X and above. They said it can be done still but i'm afraid it will get bricked, can it be modded is the question?

Sparky076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it's not safe?
XAJ70001 is a lower number than XAJ70040.

70,001 is lower than 70,040.

It is safe.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi i'm new to this and I just bought a switch and someone online said they can mod my switch for me but my serial number is XAW4001200X and above. They said it can be done still but i'm afraid it will get bricked, can it be modded is the question?
Please refer to: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Well turns out my e mail which i deleted ages ago is still around for some reason. Was able to get into my account and update info so thats good.

Besides that however, i see that the option to disable user information in my nintendo account is gone. Is this just enabled by default now or is nintendo veing shady? And what does disabling telemetry even do if i still cant go online with a cfw switch?
I'm not sure what you're referring to. If it is this, you may have changed the region of the account such that it is not in the EU anymore.

hi guys.
I've read the guides and managed to update my 4.01 console to 6.2 without burning fuses.
Unfortunately I mixed up 2 SD cards and killed my nand backup. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware in order to get a new clean dump or is there something else I could to "repair" my mistake?

Ps: I'd already tried some recovery tools. They didn't work.
You can try following the CLEAN SYSNAND portion of this tutorial.

Hi guys, just a quick question: Is there an easy way to create a nand backup from the hidden emunand in sx os 2.5? like one that is the same as if I were to use Hekate to create a full nand backup of my ofw console nand, just of the hidden sd emunand... I read through the forums, but couldn't find an easy/understandable (for me) solution, or a definite answer. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :)
Try using the ReiNX toolkit.

kyle5482

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just created my EmuNAND in Switch SX OS Pro (via hidden partition on SD card), I'm suppose to unlink the SysNAND and EmuNAND now right? How exactly does that work?

Edit - Also is there any reason to update the firmware on my EmuNAND if you are only using it for emulation? I wouldn't mind being able to play my switch games on it too however, so if i am to update it, say to 6.0.0, what are the odds of getting banned? And I heard theirs a controller update on 6.0.0, how do I get around that?

Last edited by kyle5482,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu