Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

JumpGamer09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the latest version of Atmosphere on my 5.0.2 Switch. From my understanding, it's possible to install game backups by installing NSP files through Tinfoil correct? Or that's only possible on ReiNX?

nvcheeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So Guys, What is the process to update xci game files with SX pro 2.3 Put them in SXPRO Update? or Switch/updates folder. Then update through the installer on Homebew.
Is there a windows program can merge files updates and DLC etc

Sorry i usually try look at forums get an answer but can't seem to find a simple answer.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I tried to search first on the forums but find way too many hits related to boot.dat unrelated to what I did.

So I have SX OS installed on my Switch, working great flashed with 6.x with exfat using my micro sd card formatted exfat. Decided based on all the negative hype around exfat to move to fat32. Removed all the installed games on micro sd card, copied all contents of micro sd card to temp space on HD. Formatted micro SD card with fat32 using EaseUS Partition Master - 32K cluster size, copied all contents back over to micro sd card. Now when I try to boot it with the dongle I just get the red boot.dat? Icon and text on the switch. Tried formatting the micro SD card back to exfat and copying everything over, but I still get the same even from a completely powered off state (power switch held down for 15+ seconds)

Thanks

Edit:

Actually I figured out Windows 10 exfat format must not be good or something, re-formatted the micro sd card with sdcardformatter and copied everything back and it's booting again.

So what tool is best to format a 256 Gig card to Fat32, I am guessing EaseUS Partition Master is doing something not quite right in both the fat32 and exfat format.

I guess I just pick all the wrong tools initially, tried this http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm instead to format fat32, and copied everything back and it boots fine now on fat32 now.

Last edited by crimpshrine,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the latest version of Atmosphere on my 5.0.2 Switch. From my understanding, it's possible to install game backups by installing NSP files through Tinfoil correct? Or that's only possible on ReiNX?
First, you don't install any CFW on the Switch. Secondly, all CFW support Tinfoil and Tinfoil can install any .NSP file. However, regardless of the CFW you are using, it has to have the corresponding patches in order to install/launch the .NSP files. For ReiNX, they come default. For Atmosphere, they have to be downloaded separately either with the patches alone or as a package such as with Kosmos.
So Guys, What is the process to update xci game files with SX pro 2.3 Put them in SXPRO Update? or Switch/updates folder. Then update through the installer on Homebew.
Is there a windows program can merge files updates and DLC etc

Sorry i usually try look at forums get an answer but can't seem to find a simple answer.
Nintendo Switch game updates come in .NSP format. You install them the same way you would install any other .NSP file. If you want to combine the updates with the .XCI file, you have to use NSC_Builder.

nvcheeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
First, you don't install any CFW on the Switch. Secondly, all CFW support Tinfoil and Tinfoil can install any .NSP file. However, regardless of the CFW you are using, it has to have the corresponding patches in order to install/launch the .NSP files. For ReiNX, they come default. For Atmosphere, they have to be downloaded separately either with the patches alone or as a package such as with Kosmos.
Nintendo Switch game updates come in .NSP format. You install them the same way you would install any other .NSP file. If you want to combine the updates with the .XCI file, you have to use NSC_Builder.

So i guess i was doing everything correctly, ill guess you will be able to extract XCI after you update and keep it with update. NSC Builder they all look little complicated.

Thanks for your help

loopz

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi all,

New here and on Switch sphere.... First of all a huge thanks to the awesome work of the community!!

I managed to run Atmosphere 0.8.2 on 6.2, .nsp installation goes well and backups are running very smoothly, that's great. I removed all registered WiFi network, enabled airplane mode and then did a full NAND backup.

I just have one concern, now all my "official games that I paid on eshop" have the small "cloud with an arrow" icon on them and when I try to launch them it asks me to download data... I'm just wondering where this data went and why it kind of disappeared? Same behavior on Atmosphere and Original firmware.

FYI, I changed sdcard before backing up NAND and running Atmosphere. I fusionned the "old" Nintendo folder to my new SD with Atmosphere & co. SDXC formatted to exFAT filesystem.

Hope someone have a fix. If not I'll download the nsp equivalent of the games I purchased with the hope that my game saves will be compatible (especially Octopath!!!)

Cheers

Last edited by loopz,

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please tell me what step i can do to stop auto rcm from running so that I can boot original FW to get online/or play a cartridge thanks! :D

erk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using SX and made a full NAND backup of my 5.1.0 OFW. At this point I did not have the exfat support. I also created a 5.1.0 emunand through SX. After realizing I needed exfat support I updated the OFW to 6.1.0 and have been happily playing xci files in airplane mode ever since. When launching CFW through SX I have to disable the emunand for the CFW to launch properly since no exfat support is available on the 5.1.0 emunand I created, which has not really presented any issues.

At this point I am looking forward to future titles which will require 6.2 FW and wondering what steps I might take. I believe my 5.1.0 backup is clean and I did run a fuse check through Hekate but I'm not sure how to read the files the switch produced; they are backed up on my computer now.

I would also like to update some of my xci games. I get the "new update is available" on just about every game I play, and just hit "start software" and am hesitant to take the console out of airplane mode. I have seen NSP updates online and am wondering how these work with the xci files to update the games. I have not installed any NSPs to date, although I hear there are some good eshop games that are not available in xci format.. If I install these NSP updates using the SX feature will they wind up getting installed on the console?

Rpy360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My switch won't tell me what version it is.

I think it's because I downloaded an update but never installed it....

Is there anyway to remove that download? I don't see anything under data management.

Splitframe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I have a 6.2 CFW and installed Smash Ultimate with Tinfoil, but I can't start it. It says unable to start at the first start and then corrupted in the following tries.
I used the newest files from sdcardsetup

Can someone help me?

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can set auto RCM on/off from CTCaer hekate.
Hey Im not sure what CTCaer hekate is as Ive never used it

i have a xecuter dongle and jig - i enabled auto rcm after installing 6.1 when i first bought switch it was 6.0.1 i believe so i updated wihtou modding it at all to 6.1 then used the dongle etc - in any case I put the switch in the closet as a surprise present for christmas for my son and it seems its dead battery. do I have to do something besides plugging usb c power to it for it to charge when its in this state ? also I really need to figure out how to get back into OFW so i can get online without any type of console mods/changes etc. thanks I really appreciate it. If you can pm or message me a link to make it easier that would be great seems very hard to get instructive responses here - most my posts get buried ;(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my batter is dead i recharged the dongle momentarily it injected payload twice got to boot screen but the battery is too low to do aynthing nowor get past that point now its not even getting to that screen battery mustbe too low now to even do anything.. anyone please help this really frustrating!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

New here and on Switch sphere.... First of all a huge thanks to the awesome work of the community!!

I managed to run Atmosphere 0.8.2 on 6.2, .nsp installation goes well and backups are running very smoothly, that's great. I removed all registered WiFi network, enabled airplane mode and then did a full NAND backup.

I just have one concern, now all my "official games that I paid on eshop" have the small "cloud with an arrow" icon on them and when I try to launch them it asks me to download data... I'm just wondering where this data went and why it kind of disappeared? Same behavior on Atmosphere and Original firmware.

FYI, I changed sdcard before backing up NAND and running Atmosphere. I fusionned the "old" Nintendo folder to my new SD with Atmosphere & co. SDXC formatted to exFAT filesystem.

Hope someone have a fix. If not I'll download the nsp equivalent of the games I purchased with the hope that my game saves will be compatible (especially Octopath!!!)

Cheers
Why not just connect online to redownload your games? If you have a clean NAND backup, you can restore that then go on the Internet to get your games back. Its also possible that when you removed the old Nintendo folder, you removed the games. Either way, the games need to be redownloaded; your choice is either doing it legally or not as legally.
I am using SX and made a full NAND backup of my 5.1.0 OFW. At this point I did not have the exfat support. I also created a 5.1.0 emunand through SX. After realizing I needed exfat support I updated the OFW to 6.1.0 and have been happily playing xci files in airplane mode ever since. When launching CFW through SX I have to disable the emunand for the CFW to launch properly since no exfat support is available on the 5.1.0 emunand I created, which has not really presented any issues.

At this point I am looking forward to future titles which will require 6.2 FW and wondering what steps I might take. I believe my 5.1.0 backup is clean and I did run a fuse check through Hekate but I'm not sure how to read the files the switch produced; they are backed up on my computer now.

I would also like to update some of my xci games. I get the "new update is available" on just about every game I play, and just hit "start software" and am hesitant to take the console out of airplane mode. I have seen NSP updates online and am wondering how these work with the xci files to update the games. I have not installed any NSPs to date, although I hear there are some good eshop games that are not available in xci format.. If I install these NSP updates using the SX feature will they wind up getting installed on the console?
First off, SX OS does not support firmware 6.2. The only CFW to date that supports 6.2 is Atmosphere so if you plan to use that firmware, you will have to change CFWs.

Secondly, you can install .NSP files to either SysNAND or EmuNAND. Wherever they are installed is where they will show up. If you install them in SysNAND, they will only be applied in SysNAND and vice-versa.

My switch won't tell me what version it is.

I think it's because I downloaded an update but never installed it....

Is there anyway to remove that download? I don't see anything under data management.
You have to enter Maintenance Mode to clear out the pending system update. To do this, simply hold volume + and - when turning the console on. Once you see the Maintenance Mode screen, the system update will be automatically clered.
hi all
can you get your keys on 6.2 using atmos using the the new atmos files
thank you
Which keys are you referring to?
Hi,

I have a 6.2 CFW and installed Smash Ultimate with Tinfoil, but I can't start it. It says unable to start at the first start and then corrupted in the following tries.
I used the newest files from sdcardsetup

Can someone help me?
Try using these patches.

Hey Im not sure what CTCaer hekate is as Ive never used it

i have a xecuter dongle and jig - i enabled auto rcm after installing 6.1 when i first bought switch it was 6.0.1 i believe so i updated wihtou modding it at all to 6.1 then used the dongle etc - in any case I put the switch in the closet as a surprise present for christmas for my son and it seems its dead battery. do I have to do something besides plugging usb c power to it for it to charge when its in this state ? also I really need to figure out how to get back into OFW so i can get online without any type of console mods/changes etc. thanks I really appreciate it. If you can pm or message me a link to make it easier that would be great seems very hard to get instructive responses here - most my posts get buried ;(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my batter is dead i recharged the dongle momentarily it injected payload twice got to boot screen but the battery is too low to do aynthing nowor get past that point now its not even getting to that screen battery mustbe too low now to even do anything.. anyone please help this really frustrating!
Just charge the console. With AutoRCM enabled, it charges much slower in RCM.

Greg64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been trying to dump switch games.
tried with WAINCartDumperNX and got an error screen
then I tried with gcdumptool and got the error "failed to write chunk to offset 0x000000000etc.
Running homebrew on 6.2.0
Any suggestions?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been trying to dump switch games.
tried with WAINCartDumperNX and got an error screen
then I tried with gcdumptool and got the error "failed to write chunk to offset 0x000000000etc.
Running homebrew on 6.2.0
Any suggestions?
Its possible these homebrew applications don't support firmware 6.2. Try downgrading with either ChoiDujour, ChoiDujourNX, or a NAND of a lower firmware version and seeing if they still fail.

JumpGamer09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got Tinfoil to work on my 5.0.2 Switch. I like to ask, if I wanted to play one of my physical game carts that require filmware > 5.0.2 like Smash Bros Ultimate, is there a way to bypass the system update? Or would I need to update my filmware through ChoiDujourNX?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got Tinfoil to work on my 5.0.2 Switch. I like to ask, if I wanted to play one of my physical game carts that require filmware > 5.0.2 like Smash Bros Ultimate, is there a way to bypass the system update? Or would I need to update my filmware through ChoiDujourNX?
You have to update your system.

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
45+ minutes on dock - I pulled it and put dongle in booted up got the 3 options this time I selected options AUTORCM and uninstalled said done. Then i clicked power off
removed dongle and powered it on no problem got it turned on and its charging just fine now :) woo hoo thanks so much! huge relief...

now the next question is i put my switch into hibernation and dead battery mode about 2-3 weeks ago just after 6.2 got released. I use sx pro dongle and as far as I know they havent released cfw for 6.2 yet. so right now to use the dongle and TX hardware just stay on 6.1 and do NOT update the smash game with the update that requires 6.2 as you must be on CFW 6.2 to run that then and as far as I can tell we are still waiting on TX correct? ! thanks again not sure why there would be any issue with playing the game on 6.1 for now :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ