SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-backup-loading-using-atmosphere-nx-layeredfs.507488/

Noticed people playing smash bros online using atmosphere and I believe I setup everything correctly and realizing I needed to use hekate, I came across this link. So according to step 3 I need to get an xci file, i only have the nsp file and seeing hactool doesn’t support nsp, I was wondering if the nsp file even contains the files needed for layeredfs or do I actually got to download the xci file.

2. aevans0001

aevans0001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Going online is never suggested with hacked switches, we don't really know how N is banning, and there is no way to get unbanned.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ok so do I simply follow the guide at sdsetup to upgrade atmosphere and my hack or is there easier ways? Is there any reason to go from 6.1 to 6.2? What kind of extra work is involved if I want to go from exfat to fat32?

3. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Should have mentioned I’m already banned but for the smash bros thing if I’m correct the kip is to make the game work as a lan connection, I just don’t got the required layeredfs files yet but I think hactool should work if I convert my nsp file to xci

4. aroonsalotra

aroonsalotra Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2018
    United Kingdom
    When I inject I get an NXBoot IO Error, tried 2 SD cards. Same thing. Running 6.2 FW using Atmosphere 0.8.1

5. nswuser007

nswuser007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    Some guy is selling bootleg "high quality amiibo cards" with proper nfc tags on craigslist for zelda - is there some way to get the nfc tags and or download them and transmit them to the controller/game somehow? I am willing to buy the amiibos it just sounds like by whta you said there may be a way to get the functionality in game of it without the physical option. It would seem the joycons are pretty much useless then. Maybe I should look into selling them or simply keeping them as a backup I watched a video if dropped in portable mode then the joycons act as a support mech so the switch console mpart gets saved or so it appeared lol. so far I havent heard or seen much use of the joycons for any gaming

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    1. If you remove all sysmodules aka kips as well as the patches, it should theoretically boot into "OFW"
    2. Yes it seems to be a common problem. There is no fix at the moment
    There's really no reason to update to 6.2 apart from online play since only one CFW works on that firmware. If you must update, 6.1 is your next best bet.
    https://github.com/nosmokingbandit/AluminumFoil or https://gbatemp.net/threads/legal-nsp-splitter-for-fat32.520213/
    Nope but you can find the keys online like on Google or reddit. The keys needed for conversion aren't console specific.
    There's no reason to go to 6.2. If you're going to be using FAT32, there are ways of transferring files larger than 4 GB, notably .NSP files. Those methods involve splitting the .NSP, network installation, or the fast USB install. USB installation is so fast that its better than installing from SD card.

paperbagthing likes this.
  7. aevans0001

aevans0001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2011
    United States

Can you elaborate where I can find the best info on this, very interested in a faster way!

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    To setup USB installation, you have to load a homebrew application that will await USB communication (Tinfoil) and a way to send .NSP files from your computer via USB (AluminumFoil). Since Tinfoil/Goldleaf doesn't have an official release yet, you can grab the pre-compiled one from this guide as it has USB installation support. Once you have both Tinfoil and AluminumFoil, you should read the instructions on AluminumFoil.

9. aevans0001

aevans0001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2011
    United States

Ok got that up and running but you said .nsp files. I didn't think I could install nsp files without the new atmosphere

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    All CFW support .NSP files. Its just that the official release of Atmosphere doesn't give you the necessary patches to run them. If you lean on a group who compiles Atmosphere with the patches and some homebrew applications into an SD files package, like KosMos/AtlasNX, then you wouldn't have to worry about missing anything.

11. aevans0001

aevans0001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Thanks, I just tested it and it worked great it seems!

12. anothertemper

anothertemper Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2016
    Is there a way to install NSPs larger than 4GB to a FAT32 microsd without installing python?

13. supercarotte

supercarotte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2015
    France
    Hi again,
    Is it still strongly unadvised to play online from your CFW ? And if yes, which would mean I'll have to update my OFW, would it be of any use to launch Hekate once just to get a 4.1.0 NAND backup + keys (so I can "downgrade" or something when Déjà Vu gets out) ?

Thanks again !

14. ArviDroid

ArviDroid Infamous GBATemper

Mar 26, 2016
    Sweden
    Well, I do use Atmosphere. To me it would be logical if a lot of people started updating soon, since I´m thinking that games only playable on >=6.x.x will become the norm soon. I´ve already lost my chance to get the potential coldboot exploit, so I don´t think there´s anything for me to lose by updating. But I just want to make sure that I´m not missing anything. I also don´t see there being any point in me downgrading later, so should I bother updating through ChoidujourNX, I wonder?

Last edited by ArviDroid, Dec 5, 2018
  15. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    I'm in 6.1 and I want to download some updates for my games (not update to 6.2!).
    I wanna go online to download my updates and delete the 6.2 before it installation.
    Is it gonna work ? How can I delete the 6.2 ? Am I risking a ban for deleting a console update ?

16. frankadank

frankadank Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    So I recently hacked my switch and I upgraded its firmare without burning fuses using ChoiDuJour.
    I took all those precautions and now just realized I only made a NAND backup after I had modded it with Reinx, am I basically screwed in terms of ever being able to restore it properly?

17. DVDVDcz

DVDVDcz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2009
    Hello, I have exFAT microSD card and my NS does not have exFAT support. What is the best waz to get started with SX OS? Format exFAT card to FAT32, do full NAND backup. Create emuNAND, update it to 6.1 with ChoiDujour and ... now is the tricky part. How to format it back to exFAT, when there is emuNAND on it? I do not have other card available with high enough size for NAND backup nor emuNAND.

18. Friendly_Noob

Friendly_Noob Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    Hey all. I got my jig today and have a question. My console falls in the may be patched range. I done the pc set up and bridged the pins. I am getting RCM detected in green from tegra. Does that mean my console is hackable? I don't want to change anything atm as i'm enjoying online play.

19. aevans0001

aevans0001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Yes you are getting into RCM, congrats!

20. Friendly_Noob

Friendly_Noob Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    Thanks for reply. Just done a test and don't think it is hackable after all. Apparently both patched and unpatched switches can enter RCM but patched rejects a payload. Mine did. What a bummer. Guess i'll enjoy my online play then get a hackable model at some point.