SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Ch0c0bo

Ch0c0bo Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2018
    France
    Hi,
    So I tried a lot of things with the switch recently. My switch is (was, but I'm restoring my NAND right now) 2.1. I updated it 2 times (1.0 -> 2.0 / 2.0 -> 2.1), so the number of burnt fuses has to be 2 if i'm understood correctly ?

I tried to update from 2.1 to 6.2 without burning fuses with Choixdujour, Is it actually possible ? I couldn't boot into OFW after that : (unknow package1). I'm trying to do it again, I had older versions of the needed SDFiles, I guess it could come from that.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can update to 6.2 without burning fuses using either ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX (personally prefer the latter) but you can't boot OFW/stock via RCM; you can only boot CFW since Hekate cannot boot any firmware on 6.2 still.

ssssss13 likes this.
  3. Ch0c0bo

Ch0c0bo Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2018
    France
    Ooooh ok, thanks a lot !

4. mckwz

mckwz Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    Hello! I want to try some of those 100% save files available out there, but I don't where to actually put them! Help please?

I have the Switch with official FW 6.1.0. Also running:

- SX OS V2.3

- Checkpoint 3.5.0 (save editor)

- EdiZon 1.5.0 (another save editor)

In what folder are the saves supposed to go?

Let's take the Smash save for instance:

save_data /

mii (folder)

spirits (folder)

system_data.bin

I've tried to place them on several folders but neither Checkpoint or Edizon recognize the files. :moogle:

5. crimpshrine

crimpshrine GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    Are all the switch game updates cumulative? Like if there is update 1.0.2 and 2.0 NSP's for game A, do both need to be installed or JUST 2.0?

I only ask because I have seen some updates where the 2nd update is smaller than the 1st.

6. frankadank

frankadank Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    So I just realized the only backup I made was of my modified nand after I had installed Reinx and ChoiDuJour as I didnt want to burn fuses in order to get my 128gb sd card to work, am I screwed if things ever go wrong?
    Is there anyway for me to make a proper backup of clean nand?

7. ssssss13

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi.imcurrently using exfat,sxos without emunand and getting scared with people talking about corruption... IS there a problem to keep exfat? All i use from hb IS choidujour and ocasionally tinfoil or the built in sx nsp installer.

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Updates are cumulative. The smaller filesize may be an indication of better compression.
    You can still keep it to restore the console from a brick.
    If you have exFAT, you have a chance at corrupting your SD card whenever you use homebrew. Since we can do everything on FAT32, there is really no need for exFAT anymore outside of restoring the NAND but that is done outside the Switch's OS (Horizon) so exFAT support is irrelevant.

ssssss13 likes this.
  9. daflip

daflip Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2010
    United States
    hi, guys just got into hacking scene.. i got my switch back in march last year 2017.. and i have the first gen switch console.. and i wasn't able to use it much.. pretty much still in the brand new state... firmware version still v1.0.. never updated...
    what is the best way to update to the latest firwmare for cfw and run backups?

please advice..

thanks!!

can i manually update to version 5 and then run atmosphere cfw?
    i purchased the RCM jig and USB C cable to run exploit im there but im stuck there so far..

10. ssssss13

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks! Worst case scenario for currupting IS just missing files or bricks might be involved? Because i find a pain having to cut every nsp/ xci over4 gbs ( and i dont even know if its possible with nsps actually)

11. cyndor

cyndor GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2018
    United States
    switch/checkpoint/saves/titleid/savefoldername/save_data/

https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Corruption affects the way all devices read the SD card; they will think files are there when in reality they aren't.

13. Dimensio

Dimensio Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    Two questions. Both are dumb and ignorant.

1) Does fusee_primary.bin support any means of booting to OFW without applying the Atmosphere patches, in case I want to boot 6.2 while using RCM?

2) Twice now Atmosphere has failed to load with an error deriving the key. Rebooting cleared the issue. Is anyone else having this?

EDIT 2: Answered my first question on my own, had a third. So still two questions.

Last edited by Dimensio, Dec 4, 2018
  14. Hevu

Hevu Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2017
    Spain
    Quoting because it got burried really quickly a few pages back...

15. nswuser007

nswuser007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    I just bought a brand new "set" of joycons "gray/gray" some guy had that and a wireless pro controller I got NEW IN BOX Sealed for 40 each . I was amazed after grueling over the pc HOUNDING shopping sites and deals for over a week.

Is there any reason to use/need joycons tho i havent played the switch much as its a gift for my son for Christmas and put away however when I did for a couple days I never used the joycons other than when it was connected to the screen to play mobile.

whats the main use of them? thinking of selling them unless its a good idea to have an extra set like I thought it would be.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also anyone have any pointers on buying amiibos. it looks like this is going to become a new collection/thing our family starts buying

16. ArviDroid

ArviDroid Infamous GBAtemper

Mar 26, 2016
    Sweden
    Is there really any point in staying on 5.1.0 as opposed to updating to 6.2.0?

17. cyndor

cyndor GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2018
    United States
    You can only go with the third option. While this is considered safe by most, no one really knows how Nintendo detects and bans you. What is considered "safest" is to make a nand backup while in hekate and restore that after you're done with checkpoint before going back online. And I guess if your tinfoil hat is on really tight you should probably erase any traces of cfw from your sd card.
    The only thing I use my joycons for when docked is for music/dance games. They are potentially 2 additional controllers, so if u want to sell them that is up to you.

I don't have any tips on buying amiibos but if u just want to get the rewards from them then use nfc tags instead.

Last edited by cyndor, Dec 4, 2018
  18. Hevu

Hevu Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2017
    Spain
    Thought as much, but it's good to have confirmation. Thanks! Hat is on kinda tight, so I guess I'll just sit back and watch how things advance and evolve for a bit while I think about it. lol

19. postfire

postfire Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2011
    Greece
    hello again and thank for your help!
    install xecuter cfw 2.1(not 2.3 beta)
    my sd card 128gb is fat 32
    plz how to put biggest games 4gb on my sd card?
    any easy program to do that?

20. paperbagthing

paperbagthing Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2018
    United States
    XCI to NSP file conversion requires a set of your console's keys. I've been following the Switch's homebrew scene for a while now, but I just installed CFW a few days ago on 6.2. As far as I'm concerned there's no way to obtain your keys on this firmware yet?