Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) back in the xb360 days you could get away with using backups online for about a year in between bans. any hope of a similar situation w switch? is anything being worked on in hopes of delaying bans from online play, or is Ninty pretty much instant with the swing of the banhammer?

2) now that each rip has its own signed certificate, obviously using common rips online is untenable. any chance Ninty will allow some leeway, for example 2 or 3 copies of the same cert online concurrently?
The Xbox 360 and Switch are two completely different beasts. The 360 didn't use console-unique certificates while the Switch does and cracking these certs is mathematically impossible on account of them being encrypted with a 2,048 character key. And since they are console-unique, you cannot just simply substitute one certificate from one console to another. Assuming you do, using the same certificate in more than one console is a big red flag to Nintendo and will undoubtedly lead to a ban.
one more noob question, i have updated with choidujour to 6.1 and the switch asks for updating teh controllers, should i do it? thanks
There's no issues with updating them unless you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together.
Thanks for the clear response. And yes, meant to say ReiNX.bin and not .nro (at work at the moment so can't view my switch/files).

Before I was injecting ReiNX payload every time after a full restart but ever since I installed hekate, my switch won't let me directly inject ReiNX. It'll literally just go to a black screen and hang there for 5-10 minutes before it crashes. That's why I always have to inject hekate first then load the CFW.
You do not install Hekate. Also, you're not being very specific on what is causing the issue at all such as what did you do that caused ReiNX to stop working, SD card format, firmware, etc. For starters, if your SD card is formatted as exFAT, reformat it to FAT32

Reactions: Spadezilla

Spadezilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Xbox 360 and Switch are two completely different beasts. The 360 didn't use console-unique certificates while the Switch does and cracking these certs is mathematically impossible on account of them being encrypted with a 2,048 character key. And since they are console-unique, you cannot just simply substitute one certificate from one console to another. Assuming you do, using the same certificate in more than one console is a big red flag to Nintendo and will undoubtedly lead to a ban.

hard copies of games are bound to console as well by certificate? wtf?

ahwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no issues with updating them unless you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together.
You do not install Hekate. Also, you're not being very specific on what is causing the issue at all such as what did you do that caused ReiNX to stop working, SD card format, firmware, etc. For starters, if your SD card is formatted as exFAT, reformat it to FAT32

Sorry if the wording and such isn't what it should be. Honestly this whole modding thing is completely new to me, been trying to do a whole bunch of reading and searching but some things are hard to find when I don't even know the key phrases to search up. What is the reason to format the SD card from exFAT to FAT32? If I change the format, would it delete everything in the SD card?

Spadezilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said anything about games. And they aren't bound to the console either. But retail cartridges do have their own certificates that allow the games to be played online.

ahh ok gotcha. thanks for clarifying.

do we know for sure that ninty is allowing no leeway with this?

ex self-rip game, use 2 copies online simultaneously, = ban for sure?

or it's unknown right now?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh ok gotcha. thanks for clarifying.

do we know for sure that ninty is allowing no leeway with this?

ex self-rip game, use 2 copies online simultaneously, = ban for sure?

or it's unknown right now?
Given that scene dumps are stripped of their certificate and no one has been brave enough to test this theory, its a safe bet that doing so will cause an insta-ban.

Reactions: Spadezilla

Zarcanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is currently on 4.10 and hasn't ever been hacked (no boot into rcm even). I was planning on dumping my 4.10 nand soon as it would be nice to downgrade if the warmboot is ever finished / released. Is it possible to update to 6.10 with choidujournx without using the homebrew menu / leaving dirty error logs?

tl;dr: On 4.10, want to update without burning fuses, and without risking getting banned. Is it possible?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is currently on 4.10 and hasn't ever been hacked (no boot into rcm even). I was planning on dumping my 4.10 nand soon as it would be nice to downgrade if the warmboot is ever finished / released. Is it possible to update to 6.10 with choidujournx without using the homebrew menu / leaving dirty error logs?

tl;dr: On 4.10, want to update without burning fuses, and without risking getting banned. Is it possible?
ChoiDujourNX is a homebrew application so it is 100% impossible to use it without entering the homebrew menu meaning its impossible to update without burning fuses and risking a ban; they are mutually exclusive. You either burn the fuses and lose out on a potential warmboot/coldboot exploit or you risk the ban.
Is it safe to update SXOS yet? Or my Switch? I haven't updated the actual console in over 6 months
"If it ain't broke, don't fix"

That being said, supposedly the latest SX OS version works fine on firmware 6.1 although there's a beta and a non-beta version so any problems due to the beta version can be blamed on it being a beta (similar to another hacking team in the past...)

Reactions: Zarcanzo

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
ChoiDujourNX is a homebrew application so it is 100% impossible to use it without entering the homebrew menu meaning its impossible to update without burning fuses and risking a ban; they are mutually exclusive. You either burn the fuses and lose out on a potential warmboot/coldboot exploit or you risk the ban.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix"

That being said, supposedly the latest SX OS version works fine on firmware 6.1 although there's a beta and a non-beta version so any problems due to the beta version can be blamed on it being a beta (similar to another hacking team in the past...)

Should I hold off then on both? Im gonna play it for the first time in 3 months when Pokemon comes out next week

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I hold off then on both? Im gonna play it for the first time in 3 months when Pokemon comes out next week
You may need to update your version of SX OS and firmware when Pokemon comes out as it may require firmware 6.X (but no confirmation thus far). Might be worthwhile to take a "test drive", if you will, of the newer versions of SX OS to see if you have any immediate issues.

Reactions: ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
You may need to update your version of SX OS and firmware when Pokemon comes out as it may require firmware 6.X (but no confirmation thus far). Might be worthwhile to take a "test drive", if you will, of the newer versions of SX OS to see if you have any immediate issues.

Thanks man.Guessing all I need to do is just boot into the SXOS menu,update that and away I go? Sorry,still new to the Switch hacking scene and haven't really bothered much since installing SXOS-havent even put any apps on!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man.Guessing all I need to do is just boot into the SXOS menu,update that and away I go? Sorry,still new to the Switch hacking scene and haven't really bothered much since installing SXOS-havent even put any apps on!
Yeah they have a built-in updater if I recall correctly but I'm not sure if that will give you their latest stable release (2.0.1) or their latest beta release (2.2.1). You can also just choose to download either one from their website and place it on your SD card, simultaneously replacing the old one you had.

Reactions: ChokingVictim87

SignumEternis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a stupid question, but just doing the RCM fusee test doesn't get you banned, right? I followed the SD Setup guide website up to the point of loading the fusee-test.bin payload and confirmed that my Switch is vulnerable. I'm planning on waiting until CFW is safer ban-wise before trying installing anything, so I'm hoping that just seeing if my Switch is hackable isn't enough to incur Nintendo's wrath.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a stupid question, but just doing the RCM fusee test doesn't get you banned, right? I followed the SD Setup guide website up to the point of loading the fusee-test.bin payload and confirmed that my Switch is vulnerable. I'm planning on waiting until CFW is safer ban-wise before trying installing anything, so I'm hoping that just seeing if my Switch is hackable isn't enough to incur Nintendo's wrath.
If you're just sending a payload, you should be fine. But if you sent a payload that booted into CFW, you may have just flagged yourself.

Old-Skool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 5.1 and I'm curious to know if I inject the payload from my pc and access homebrew from the album folder would I still be able to access it if I put my switch into sleep mode? Or do I have to inject the payload again?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 5.1 and I'm curious to know if I inject the payload from my pc and access homebrew from the album folder would I still be able to access it if I put my switch into sleep mode? Or do I have to inject the payload again?
You can put the console in sleep mode. The only times when you would need to reinject the payload is if you turn off or restart the console.

OggieBoogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Can anyone link a tutorial how to send a payload using Android?
Also, what is nand and should i do a backup after i already hacked mine?
Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1