Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
There is already one private exploit that has been confirmed to work up to firmware 4.1 (and up to firmware 6.0 but may involve more work) that we all know as Deja Vu but there is currently no estimated release time.
All it takes to get banned is connecting for one second. However, the ban itself may not be delivered instantaneously. It may take sometime between a day to a year before you are banned.

I see. In that case, I just need to link a Nintendo account and be offline forever. Once I have the account linked, it'll stay with me forever.

By the way, say I have account linked to 6.1.0, and in future I use ChoiDujourNX to update to say 7.1.0. Will updating via ChoiDujourNX still keep my linked account? or does it wipe everything?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. In that case, I just need to link a Nintendo account and be offline forever. Once I have the account linked, it'll stay with me forever.

By the way, say I have account linked to 6.1.0, and in future I use ChoiDujourNX to update to say 7.1.0. Will updating via ChoiDujourNX still keep my linked account? or does it wipe everything?
Once the account is linked to the console, it won't become unlinked unless you delete the User or call Nintendo to unlink it for you.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Once the account is linked to the console, it won't become unlinked unless you delete the User or call Nintendo to unlink it for you.
Superb! Thanx a lot.

And thanx for the link to that guide. Will be using that to update to 6.1.0 and link account. Worst case, if it doesn't work, I'll burn efuses.

Last edited by GaaraPrime,

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am unable to launch retro arch on my swtich. i go to launch it from hbl and all i get is the gray screen that says "ok" in the lower right corner. i have download and tried new .nro's but not working. any suggestions what might be wrong?
anyone able to help me with this?

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Mythical,

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I'm on sxos with 6.1
I updated a game and now when starting it says "checking if downloadable content is playable" then it errors out and says "some content is unavailable"
What do?

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey bro, I successfully updated to 6.1.0 without burning my efuses using that guide. Now, I am in Hekate and I have enabled AutoRCM. Now, I need to boot into stock firmware and connect to internet and link a Nintendo account.

But my problem is I cannot find anywhere in Hekate on how to boot into stock firmware. I clicked on "Launch" but it only had two options "Payloads" which was empty and "More configs" which also said there are no confings.

For now, I have enabled AutoRCM and powered off from Hekate. Can you please tell me how to boot into Hekate and then to stock firmware so I can go to 6.1.0 without burning efuses and finally go online.

PS: I can't find the option "Launch > Stock" in Hekate.

Last edited by GaaraPrime,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey bro, I successfully updated to 6.1.0 without burning my efuses using that guide. Now, I am in Hekate and I have enabled AutoRCM. Now, I need to boot into stock firmware and connect to internet and link a Nintendo account.

But my problem is I cannot find anywhere in Hekate on how to boot into stock firmware. I clicked on "Launch" but it only had two options "Payloads" which was empty and "More configs" which also said there are no confings.

For now, I have enabled AutoRCM and powered off from Hekate. Can you please tell me how to boot into Hekate and then to stock firmware so I can go to 6.1.0 without burning efuses and finally go online.
Hekate is merely a bootloader; it is not meant to be confused with a CFW such as ReiNX, SX OS, or Atmosphere. You will need to configure the hekate_ipl.ini to have an appropriate Launch Configuration that suits your needs whether its a CFW or OFW/stock. There is a template you can follow on the GBATemp thread.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

Chrona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to use a Wiimote or Wii U Pro controller on the Switch?

I did find a video about there being some kind of dongle that allows it to work, but I couldn't find anything on there being a native homebrew solution

ahwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate is merely a bootloader; it is not meant to be confused with a CFW such as ReiNX, SX OS, or Atmosphere. You will need to configure the hekate_ipl.ini to have an appropriate Launch Configuration that suits your needs whether its a CFW or OFW/stock. There is a template you can follow on the GBATemp thread.

I have kinda the same issue. I just realized that Hekate is merely a bootloader and have been using: Launch>CFW and my switch keeps loading into OFW whereas I kept thinking it was loading up my ReiNX CFW. Based on that Hekate thread if I'm understanding correctly, do I put the ReiNX file into the bootloader folder? Once that's completed, if i click on; Launch>CFW, would it then load ReiNX from now on?

Is there also an option to boot into ReiNX instead of Hekate everytime I power off and on my switch again? I prefer injecting ReiNX directly upon a power off instead of injecting Hekate, then choosing the CFW option.

Thanks again.

Edit: @Draxzelex does this post you helped out on still apply? https://gbatemp.net/threads/reinx.518826/

If I understood correctly with the 2 threads. Put the ReiNX.nro into the bootloader folder, click on launch, CFW and it should load into ReiNX. Should I still click on Fix SD attributes options?

Sorry for all the questions but I really just want to be able to inject ReiNX after every reboot instead of having to inject Hekate and then go through another option menu.

Last edited by ahwen,

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Is there any way to use a Wiimote or Wii U Pro controller on the Switch?

I did find a video about there being some kind of dongle that allows it to work, but I couldn't find anything on there being a native homebrew solution

I got the dongle for $9 off AliExpress. It's called 8bitdo. Works EXCELLENT with my DS4 and XB1 controllers. I've seen on Youtube that it also works with the Wii U Pro controller. So I would suggest you to get it. It's dirt cheap.

Edit: The one I got was an original dongle and I updated it to the latest firmware from the official 8bitdo website.

Chrona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the dongle for $9 off AliExpress. It's called 8bitdo. Works EXCELLENT with my DS4 and XB1 controllers. I've seen on Youtube that it also works with the Wii U Pro controller. So I would suggest you to get it. It's dirt cheap.

Edit: The one I got was an original dongle and I updated it to the latest firmware from the official 8bitdo website.
Does it allow you to connect multiple controllers to one?

jrme421

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
noob of the noob here lol but i really need to be sure. i installed mario odyssey as an nsp and i have update file as well, how do i delete it all? Also how would i delete dlc as well? thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ahwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex does this post you helped out on still apply? https://gbatemp.net/threads/reinx.518826/
noob of the noob here lol but i really need to be sure. i installed mario odyssey as an nsp and i have update file as well, how do i delete it all? Also how would i delete dlc as well? thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
did you just want to delete the game entirely off your system? If so there are 2 options.

1. at the home menu, highlight the game, press + to go into the options, select manage software and delete software

2. same thing but this time from home menu, go to system settings>data management>manage software>select the game>delete software

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have kinda the same issue. I just realized that Hekate is merely a bootloader and have been using: Launch>CFW and my switch keeps loading into OFW whereas I kept thinking it was loading up my ReiNX CFW. Based on that Hekate thread if I'm understanding correctly, do I put the ReiNX file into the bootloader folder? Once that's completed, if i click on; Launch>CFW, would it then load ReiNX from now on?

Is there also an option to boot into ReiNX instead of Hekate everytime I power off and on my switch again? I prefer injecting ReiNX directly upon a power off instead of injecting Hekate, then choosing the CFW option.

Thanks again.

Edit: @Draxzelex does this post you helped out on still apply? https://gbatemp.net/threads/reinx.518826/

If I understood correctly with the 2 threads. Put the ReiNX.nro into the bootloader folder, click on launch, CFW and it should load into ReiNX. Should I still click on Fix SD attributes options?

Sorry for all the questions but I really just want to be able to inject ReiNX after every reboot instead of having to inject Hekate and then go through another option menu.
First off, the thread you linked is a fix for the Archive flag being set on the Switch folder which happens when using MacOS or certain builds of Windows 10 and causes the Homebrew Menu to appear empty.

Secondly, ReiNX doesn't come as an .NRO; .NRO files are homebrew applications. ReiNX at its core is a bootloader/payload so much like the other payloads, it has a .bin file extension.

Thirdly, while the ReiNX.bin file goes in the /bootloader folder, more accurately it goes in the /bootloader/payloads folder since its a payload. But if you just want to boot directly into ReiNX, why not just send the ReiNX payload in the first place? I don't see why you feel the need to send Hekate to boot ReiNX when you can just boot ReiNX without Hekate.

Spadezilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) back in the xb360 days you could get away with using backups online for about a year in between bans. any hope of a similar situation w switch? is anything being worked on in hopes of delaying bans from online play, or is Ninty pretty much instant with the swing of the banhammer?

2) now that each rip has its own signed certificate, obviously using common rips online is untenable. any chance Ninty will allow some leeway, for example 2 or 3 copies of the same cert online concurrently?

ahwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, the thread you linked is a fix for the Archive flag being set on the Switch folder which happens when using MacOS or certain builds of Windows 10 and causes the Homebrew Menu to appear empty.

Secondly, ReiNX doesn't come as an .NRO; .NRO files are homebrew applications. ReiNX at its core is a bootloader/payload so much like the other payloads, it has a .bin file extension.

Thirdly, while the ReiNX.bin file goes in the /bootloader folder, more accurately it goes in the /bootloader/payloads folder since its a payload. But if you just want to boot directly into ReiNX, why not just send the ReiNX payload in the first place? I don't see why you feel the need to send Hekate to boot ReiNX when you can just boot ReiNX without Hekate.
Thanks for the clear response. And yes, meant to say ReiNX.bin and not .nro (at work at the moment so can't view my switch/files).

Before I was injecting ReiNX payload every time after a full restart but ever since I installed hekate, my switch won't let me directly inject ReiNX. It'll literally just go to a black screen and hang there for 5-10 minutes before it crashes. That's why I always have to inject hekate first then load the CFW.

jrme421

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
one more noob question, i have updated with choidujour to 6.1 and the switch asks for updating teh controllers, should i do it? thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay