Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

WiseFool

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey I'm new to scene. Managed to pick up an unpatched unit a few weeks ago. Just received my RCM jig from AliExpress and confirmed that FG works.

About to get a memory card. My question is can I do a full nand backup with fat32 or do I need to format to exfat. I want a clean backup before I start homebrew and reinx.

I'm in 4.1.0. Should I update or just stay put. I read in faq saying better not to update fw.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by WiseFool,

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinx was working fine with 3.0.2 with exFat patch. Decided to update everything on my sd card. Got Darth Meteos' stash v5, copied everything over, sent the new payload via TegraRCMGUI. Got the Reinx splash screen, then a blank screen. No response from my switch. I have to unplug USB and hold the power button down to get my pc to recognize it again.

What do I do?

NVM Got the old 4.0 stash

But now Reinx gives "Package2 Magic Invalid!" error and doesn't boot...

Last edited by NoSmokingBandit,

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see individuals claiming that the NES Online app works for them on 5.1 even though they have never linked a account. Is this actually possible to do? I tried to run the app myself on a brand new Switch that has never connected to the net and got the error it could not start because it needs to be linked.

Thanks for any info on this!

Nak123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking to hack my switch, I'm currently on 6.00, can someone tell me what can actually be done with the current CFW (Are there apps? free games?)? I'm planning on getting ReinX (only one I know about).

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to hack my switch, I'm currently on 6.00, can someone tell me what can actually be done with the current CFW (Are there apps? free games?)? I'm planning on getting ReinX (only one I know about).

You can pretty much do everything you can on 5.1....some things may be broken like themes showing up inside system settings etc...but homebrew etc works fine from what I have seen.

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I go from phone 》otg micro USB to female full USB 》full USB to USB C would USB otg work to load payload?

Is there something cheap I can buy that would load the payload, like sx os but without costing 50 dollars.

The cables above would cost me 15 dollars plus shipping, I can get a cheaper payload injector from ebay, would those work?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm new to scene. Managed to pick up an unpatched unit a few weeks ago. Just received my RCM jig from AliExpress and confirmed that FG works.

About to get a memory card. My question is can I do a full nand backup with fat32 or do I need to format to exfat. I want a clean backup before I start homebrew and reinx.

I'm in 4.1.0. Should I update or just stay put. I read in faq saying better not to update fw.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
You can dump the NAND in in either FAT32 or exFAT. If you use FAT32, you will end up dumping the NAND in parts. And if you want as clean a NAND as possible, dump it with Hekate instead of the toolkit since Hekate is loaded before the NAND making the NAND as clean as possible.
Reinx was working fine with 3.0.2 with exFat patch. Decided to update everything on my sd card. Got Darth Meteos' stash v5, copied everything over, sent the new payload via TegraRCMGUI. Got the Reinx splash screen, then a blank screen. No response from my switch. I have to unplug USB and hold the power button down to get my pc to recognize it again.

What do I do?

NVM Got the old 4.0 stash

But now Reinx gives "Package2 Magic Invalid!" error and doesn't boot...
Darth Meteos' Stash has been discontinued indefinitely. If you intend to continue using ReiNX, I would highly suggest following the official guide at reinx.guide
I see individuals claiming that the NES Online app works for them on 5.1 even though they have never linked a account. Is this actually possible to do? I tried to run the app myself on a brand new Switch that has never connected to the net and got the error it could not start because it needs to be linked.

Thanks for any info on this!
Yes, it works on firmware 5.1
If I go from phone 》otg micro USB to female full USB 》full USB to USB C would USB otg work to load payload?

Is there something cheap I can buy that would load the payload, like sx os but without costing 50 dollars.

The cables above would cost me 15 dollars plus shipping, I can get a cheaper payload injector from ebay, would those work?
Yes that should work just fine

I don't really follow dongles/modchips but there are other alternatives such as the SX Gear, NS-Atmosphere, and the upcoming Dragon injector.

Vaatu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey so I took my switch out of my dock and went to open up the media player apps, and I get "The Software was closed because an error occured" I only get this error with the media player apps and some XCI files, but NSP work fine.

I'd appreciate any help or direction towards a solution to this, as it was working fine last night

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've updated my ofw to 6.0 redownloaded my all my legit games.. then I've noticed that Zelda and Splatton 2 wasn't working at allo.. get a application error message.. tried to redownload but got the same error..

The strange thing is that those games worked normally when I booted them on CFW SXOS 2.0.. my saves where intact as well..but when I tried again on OFW.. still got the application error

Does anybody know what is happening in my case? I'd like to run my splatton 2 save on OFW to play online.

THanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey so I took my switch out of my dock and went to open up the media player apps, and I get "The Software was closed because an error occured" I only get this error with the media player apps and some XCI files, but NSP work fine.

I'd appreciate any help or direction towards a solution to this, as it was working fine last night
Its possible your SD card became corrupted. Try backing up everything, reformatting, then trying again.
I've updated my ofw to 6.0 redownloaded my all my legit games.. then I've noticed that Zelda and Splatton 2 wasn't working at allo.. get a application error message.. tried to redownload but got the same error..

The strange thing is that those games worked normally when I booted them on CFW SXOS 2.0.. my saves where intact as well..but when I tried again on OFW.. still got the application error

Does anybody know what is happening in my case? I'd like to run my splatton 2 save on OFW to play online.

THanks
If they were installed in CFW, they will only work in CFW. If you purchased them legitimately, then you will need to delete the tickets associated with the game using Tinfoil as well as the content, then redownload them in OFW so you can get the legitimate tickets installed.

Reactions: ibds

Nak123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can pretty much do everything you can on 5.1....some things may be broken like themes showing up inside system settings etc...but homebrew etc works fine from what I have seen.

Well that's the thing, I've never hacked my switch before and so I don't know what could be done before, is there a website or link which notes all the things you can do? The main thing being I guess, can I download all currently released games for free? and if so, is it similar to the 3ds? Would it be worth it to just get the SX OS product?

SamuraiPizzaCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, you can only make a dirty nand backup. A clean nand backup is made using hekate before any cfw is used

There is no way to be 100% safe unless you don't mod you switch. (also nice name no spoilers ;) )

If you don't care about getting banned/online play, as long as you can find a .xci or .nsp of the game you can play it (if your firmware is updated to what the game needs)

The switch emulators can currently only run homebrew. Maybe in future if we are lucky.

That seems correct to me

Yea, but I heard if ya get banned ya can no longer update console, which would mean no more off line play for new games, since you cant update to new firmware unless cartridges comes with up dates on them.

Vaatu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its possible your SD card became corrupted. Try backing up everything, reformatting, then trying again.
If they were installed in CFW, they will only work in CFW. If you purchased them legitimately, then you will need to delete the tickets associated with the game using Tinfoil as well as the content, then redownload them in OFW so you can get the legitimate tickets installed.

Okay I will try this method, if I were to format my exFAT SD Card, when it pulls up the format screen and has the "Allocation Unit Size" option, which do I choose? It defaults to 128kilobytes.

Oh BTW, I see you here on the forums always answering questions and personally I cannot thank you enough for helping those in need. Seriously, kudos to you!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I will try this method, if I were to format my exFAT SD Card, when it pulls up the format screen and has the "Allocation Unit Size" option, which do I choose? It defaults to 128kilobytes.

Oh BTW, I see you here on the forums always answering questions and personally I cannot thank you enough for helping those in need. Seriously, kudos to you!
Yes, 128KB is correct for exFAT; usually the default allocation size is all you need. Also, no problem! :)

Vaatu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, 128KB is correct for exFAT; usually the default allocation size is all you need. Also, no problem! :)

Okay I went ahead and did a format, I unchecked he "Quick Format" option as I assume since it is corrupted I would want to start fresh. Once I format do I have to insert into Switch once prior to adding my files again or can I go ahead and add my folders and then stick it into the Switch?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I went ahead and did a format, I unchecked he "Quick Format" option as I assume since it is corrupted I would want to start fresh. Once I format do I have to insert into Switch once prior to adding my files again or can I go ahead and add my folders and then stick it into the Switch?
You should add the files back to the SD card before re-inserting it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D