Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

WiseFool

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I think my question is related to the ones asked in the past few pages or so, but not understanding enough info to make a decision.

I haven't used my switch in a while and am on 5.1.0 and have been using SXOS since it came out.

1) Should I update to 6.0?
2) Should I switch to a different CFW or is SXOS still the "best" not considering alternatives are free?
3) If I do not want to take my switch online is it possible to update the FW?
You can update without going online. But I think 5.1.0 is the best right now.

If you have already own SX you needn't move since it gives you convenience.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DoctorZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update without going online. But I think 5.1.0 is the best right now.

If you have already own SX you needn't move since it gives you convenience.

Thanks, what I thought. Will need to keep up more on the switch scene.

morrisseyshair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading a lot of threads and a lot of terms are getting thrown around which I am unfamiliar with. I have a Switch with a serial number that's hackable but I updated to 6.0.0. Can I still play emulators and Switch backups? I'd really appreciate an idiot's guide to what I need to do to get this started.

I understand I need a custom firmware to get started with homebrew. Are ReiNX and Atmosphere the same thing? If not, which one is better?

I also (I think) understand that I can go back to the original firmware if I make a NAND backup of my Switch. Is that correct?

I really need a very simplistic guide on how to get started.

Last edited by morrisseyshair,

WiseFool

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've been reading a lot of threads and a lot of terms are getting thrown around which I am unfamiliar with. I have a Switch with a serial number that's hackable but I updated to 6.0.0. Can I still play emulators and Switch backups? I'd really appreciate an idiot's guide to what I need to do to get this started.

I understand I need a custom firmware to get started with homebrew. Are ReiNX and Atmosphere the same thing? If not, which one is better?

I also (I think) understand that I can go back to the original firmware if I make a NAND backup of my Switch. Is that correct?

I really need a very simplistic guide on how to get started.
See if you can understand from this.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-u...share_tid=517122&share_fid=27398&share_type=t

[Guide] Universal CFW instalation guide

Reactions: morrisseyshair

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France

ALL CFW (ReiNX, RajNX, TX Sx Os) are based on Atmosphere.
You can see it as Atmosphere is more for expert users, the others for easily use without to worry too much about configuration.

You will be able to try all the free alternatives and make your own choice.

You understood well for the NAND backup (1st thing to do before even launching a CFW to have a « clean » backup), and in your case it will be Fw 6.0

For the guide, follow the link @WiseFool pointed.

Reactions: morrisseyshair

Milad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
2F4DCCB1-CF9A-4C62-9BAE-B4FBC90B0C16.jpeg Hello everyone,how can i fix this problem??,im using reinx on 5.1.0 firmware version

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yaa,its a nsp file,its works fine on sx os but not working on reinx
Which version of ReiNx are you using ?
Did you install the Nsp with Sx Os ? if yes, re-install the Nsp with Tinfoil. Don’t use Sx Os to install Nsp, it’corrupts sometimes the installs of Nsp and can cause problems on launching.

Reactions: Milad

NiGHtsBeta09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install CFW, or even just run homebrew for stuff like save editors or w/e, and still be able to play online safely? Like, I'm all for hacking my Switch, and I have the stuff needed to do it, I believe. But I don't see how it'd be worth doing if it bars me from playing my games that are very online/multiplayer-focused, like Mario Kart, Splatoon, Monster Hunter, etc. I'm not too savvy on Switch hacking, tbh, so am I just mistaken in this? I just wanna be able to do some homebrew stuff but still get/play games like usual. lol

Milad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Which version of ReiNx are you using ?
Did you install the Nsp with Sx Os ? if yes, re-install the Nsp with Tinfoil. Don’t use Sx Os to install Nsp, it’corrupts sometimes the installs of Nsp and can cause problems on launching.
im not used sx os to install nsp,im just working with reinx and install nsp files with tinfoil,my friend had no problem with his 5.1.0 sx modded switch and we downloaded just the same file,he can launch the game without any problem

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
im not used sx os to install nsp,im just working with reinx and install nsp files with tinfoil,my friend had no problem with his 5.1.0 sx modded switch and we downloaded just the same file,he can launch the game without any problem
Re-install then with Tinfoil

Reactions: Milad

Darnas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nope, you can only make a dirty nand backup. A clean nand backup is made using hekate before any cfw is used

There is no way to be 100% safe unless you don't mod you switch. (also nice name no spoilers ;) )

If you don't care about getting banned/online play, as long as you can find a .xci or .nsp of the game you can play it (if your firmware is updated to what the game needs)

The switch emulators can currently only run homebrew. Maybe in future if we are lucky.

That seems correct to me

Thanks.
Nope, you can only make a dirty nand backup. A clean nand backup is made using hekate before any cfw is used

There is no way to be 100% safe unless you don't mod you switch. (also nice name no spoilers ;) )

If you don't care about getting banned/online play, as long as you can find a .xci or .nsp of the game you can play it (if your firmware is updated to what the game needs)

The switch emulators can currently only run homebrew. Maybe in future if we are lucky.

That seems correct to me

Thank you. Is Emunand still useful for me? Is it possbile to update my Emunand to 6.xx and keep my Sysnand on 5.xx? I guess not, because of the burned fuses thing, right?

ataraxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi all, i installed a .nsp title while having the same title game card in the switch. when i check in data management, the game is showing installed in micro SD. However, i am not able to start the game without the game card inserted and i can't delete the game. it keeps popping out the message "please delete data after removing the game card" with or without the game card inserted. how can i remove this title? thanks.

Edit: I tried booting into HOS to remove without luck.

Last edited by ataraxis,

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Does auto rcm from SX OS work the same if doing from Hekate?

2. If auto rcm is enabled it won't boot to horizon unless a payload is pushed?

3. Any side effects to auto rcm?

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Does auto rcm from SX OS work the same if doing from Hekate?

2. If auto rcm is enabled it won't boot to horizon unless a payload is pushed?

3. Any side effects to auto rcm?

1.Yes same principle of corrupting boot0 partition but different in that it corrupts different parts of it to achieve the same goal.

2.Yes. The NX lbootoader due to the auto RCM feature goes into panic and is unable to launch forcing you to manually push a payload in order to start normally.

3.Corrupted boot0 which is intentionally corrupting part of your NAND. As sketchy as it sounds the only real problem that the majority of people face is being proactive and having the understanding when there switch is actually in RCM mode or not. This understanding will circumvent complete battery drain when wanting to shutdown completely as apposed to just leaving it in sleep mode.

Reactions: ganons

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
1.Yes same principle of corrupting boot0 partition but different in that it corrupts different parts of it to achieve the same goal.

2.Yes. The NX lbootoader due to the auto RCM feature goes into panic and is unable to launch forcing you to manually push a payload in order to start normally.

3.Corrupted boot0 which is intentionally corrupting part of your NAND. As sketchy as it sounds the only real problem that the majority of people face is being proactive and having the understanding when there switch is actually in RCM mode or not. This understanding will circumvent complete battery drain when wanting to shutdown completely as apposed to just leaving it in sleep mode.

Thanks so a safer option would be just to leave it in sleep mode?

What if you uninstall auto rcm. Does the boot 0 return to 'stock'?

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a difference of game dump size between USA and Europe which has more language files, not sure if there are more langugae tracks?

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
f they were installed in CFW, they will only work in CFW. If you purchased them legitimately, then you will need to delete the tickets associated with the game using Tinfoil as well as the content, then redownload them in OFW so you can get the legitimate tickets installed.

Ok thank you for the directions.. I've tried here but Tinfoil ticket management seems to not be working on FW6.0 + SXOS 1.9 or 2.0.. I'll probably have to wait for a new version.

Edit: I've solved my problem by doing a factory reset with keeping savedata and redownloading the softwares. Now they run in ofw normally. Tks

Last edited by ibds,

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so a safer option would be just to leave it in sleep mode?
Yeah its more of a carefree/worryfree approach to prevent battery draining down to nothing accidentally.
What if you uninstall auto rcm. Does the boot 0 return to 'stock'?
yes it reverses corruption on the boot0 partition and returns it back the way it normally was.

Reactions: ganons

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.