Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well some games are less than a gigabyte in size so it depends on how many games you want to install. Also the NAND is 32 GB in size and doesn't have the double-space requirement like the Micro SD cards.
Do you know any thread that shows you how to install NPS via FTP?

kudelerazor

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello, here's a newbie but during the last days I've been reading into all availabe Switch stuff. Today I received my new Switch, which is fortunately on FW 3.0.1. I still tested if CFW is possible and it is. I can't go on with installing CFW as my SD card will arrive tomorrow.

There is one thing I don't get. There are many threads like "should I update" and different answers. Now I've discovered that e.g. Mario Tennis will need FW 4.1.0 to start. Is this also the case with CFW and playing a backup? Or does the CFW spoof the FW somehow (only experience is from Xbox360, where it did this)?

I actually thought my Switch would never be online but if I need a higher FW for newer games I'll update my switch tomorrow before installing my CFW.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know any thread that shows you how to install NPS via FTP?
On the GitHub page of Tinfoil, you can find detailed instructions on how to install .NSP files using network install.
Hello, here's a newbie but during the last days I've been reading into all availabe Switch stuff. Today I received my new Switch, which is fortunately on FW 3.0.1. I still tested if CFW is possible and it is. I can't go on with installing CFW as my SD card will arrive tomorrow.

There is one thing I don't get. There are many threads like "should I update" and different answers. Now I've discovered that e.g. Mario Tennis will need FW 4.1.0 to start. Is this also the case with CFW and playing a backup? Or does the CFW spoof the FW somehow (only experience is from Xbox360, where it did this)?

I actually thought my Switch would never be online but if I need a higher FW for newer games I'll update my switch tomorrow before installing my CFW.
We cannot "spoof" higher firmwares. However since the exploit is supported on all firmware, we can update freely without losing access to hacks. But the current exploit requires the need for a jig and USB cable which some people may not find favorable. That is why there is a way to update without burning fuses (fuses are what prevents us from downgrading). To update without burning fuses, its recommended to use this tool to do so.

Bajibarg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright I am a newbie, I am not sure I am posting this at the right place. I just bought a modded switch with sx os. my brother owns a switch and I was playing Xenoblade chronicles 2 on his. I got almost 300 hours of gameplay on it, so I would like to keep my save data. is there anyway to tranfer it from the normal switch to my modded one, without transfering the profile?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I am a newbie, I am not sure I am posting this at the right place. I just bought a modded switch with sx os. my brother owns a switch and I was playing Xenoblade chronicles 2 on his. I got almost 300 hours of gameplay on it, so I would like to keep my save data. is there anyway to tranfer it from the normal switch to my modded one, without transfering the profile?
Either wait for Nintendo to implement online cloud saving or hack both consoles and transfer the saves via homebrew.

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Looking for some advice from the resident GBA geniuses! I've been holding on to a switch on 3.00 but am now thinking of just getting sx os pro. I am pretty hopeless when it comes to hacking etc so is the simplest thing for me to do is update my switch to the latest fw (and get the sd card update) then activate the license? Is it better to create a nintendo account when the switch is unhacked or doesn't it matter? For future fw updates do you have to boot normally and do it that way?

Appreciate any help!

spenat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hey there,

I am currently using 200GB MicroSD (exFAT) card with lots of games installed as .NSP files (a few are installed in the system memory, most of them on MicroSD card) on my SX OS.

I would like to use another MicroSD card (alongside with the 200GB one) formatted as FAT32 just for Homebrew.

My question is: Is this going to work without any problems? Won't it somehow "break" those already installed nsp games on the device, or their saves?

Thanks in advance!

CyberMew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I backup my system nand on my MAC? How can I do that safely?

Is XAK serials possible to mod?

If I buy SX pro does my microSD card need to be formatted first to exFAT?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there,

I am currently using 200GB MicroSD (exFAT) card with lots of games installed as .NSP files (a few are installed in the system memory, most of them on MicroSD card) on my SX OS.

I would like to use another MicroSD card (alongside with the 200GB one) formatted as FAT32 just for Homebrew.

My question is: Is this going to work without any problems? Won't it somehow "break" those already installed nsp games on the device, or their saves?

Thanks in advance!
The games installed to the sdcard obviously won’t be playable with the 2nd sdcard in. The games installed to nand will work fine. The saves are stored on the console so nothing will happen to them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do I backup my system nand on my MAC? How can I do that safely?

Is XAK serials possible to mod?

If I buy SX pro does my microSD card need to be formatted first to exFAT?
Backup nand to sdcard using Hekate, copy over to you Mac.

Don’t know.

Does not need to be exfat, but is better as can support larger files. And you nand backup will be on one file. Depends if your console has exfat support, you can add it using ChoidujourNX.

Reactions: CyberMew and spenat

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very similar to what was just asked:

I KNOW save data is stored on the system and the Nintendo folder on MicroSD cards are unique...
HOWEVER

When I install a game using SX OS, where is the decompressed NSP files installed to?
If I install a bunch of games and delete the NSP, could I put that same MicroSD card in a separate Switch that has SX OS licensed and use it? I KNOW I can for XCI but I am asking for installed NSP.
If this is NOT possible due to the unique identity of the Nintendo Folder installed in the MicroSD card, is it possible to play the installed games if all I do is generate a new Nintendo folder by turning the NEW console on with the MicroSD card in and moving the "Contents" folder or such to that MicroSD card, would the installed games still work? Or do I ABSOLUTELY NEED to install every game all over again (And reacquire the NSPs if they are lost) for each and every console individually?

Last edited by Grmmish,

sirelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I decided to update Xenablade 2 on my switch that is running SX( on version 1.9) after the update it comes up with the message A Update is Required UGH :hateit:!! Since it won't let me continue to play, I guess my options are delete my xci home copy , and reinstall it or use ChoiDjourNX to update the firmware without burning the fuses. Really trying to keep this Switch in 4.10!
Does deleting the xci version of the game from the internal memory automatically delete the saved game file? Anyone one know of any reason I can't use ChoiDjourNX then load the SX payload while still in RCM to switch to the SX OS?
Or would I be smarter to convert my cartridge copy of X2 to a NSP and use REINX instead because I can bypass the firmware version issue?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very similar to what was just asked:

I KNOW save data is stored on the system and the Nintendo folder on MicroSD cards are unique...
HOWEVER

When I install a game using SX OS, where is the decompressed NSP files installed to?
If I install a bunch of games and delete the NSP, could I put that same MicroSD card in a separate Switch that has SX OS licensed and use it? I KNOW I can for XCI but I am asking for installed NSP.
If this is NOT possible due to the unique identity of the Nintendo Folder installed in the MicroSD card, is it possible to play the installed games if all I do is generate a new Nintendo folder by turning the NEW console on with the MicroSD card in and moving the "Contents" folder or such to that MicroSD card, would the installed games still work? Or do I ABSOLUTELY NEED to install every game all over again (And reacquire the NSPs if they are lost) for each and every console individually?

In SXOS you can choose target by pressing X.

No I don't think you can put the sdcard with installed nsp's into a different console and play it, the Nintendo folder seems to be unique to that console.

Not 100% sure about moving contents folder, I don't imagine it would work but try it and let us know!

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be interesting to see a patch for SX OS or simply homebrew that allows the bypassing of "This MicroSD Card is being used by another system..."
I know that works but not sure if it would for SX Pro. Especially since I'm not exactly sure where games are being installed. But hey. I'll test it in a few days and get back.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I decided to update Xenablade 2 on my switch that is running SX( on version 1.9) after the update it comes up with the message A Update is Required UGH :hateit:!! Since it won't let me continue to play, I guess my options are delete my xci home copy , and reinstall it or use ChoiDjourNX to update the firmware without burning the fuses. Really trying to keep this Switch in 4.10!
Does deleting the xci version of the game from the internal memory automatically delete the saved game file? Anyone one know of any reason I can't use ChoiDjourNX then load the SX payload while still in RCM to switch to the SX OS?
Or would I be smarter to convert my cartridge copy of X2 to a NSP and use REINX instead because I can bypass the firmware version issue?

Try installing a NSP copy using tinfoil, you can select ignore firmware, it might work. The save game should not affected as it's stored on the nand, the xci file remains on the sdcard until you remount it. If you want to be 100% sure use checkpoint to back up your save!!

If game doesn't work you can always update with choidujournx to 5.1 and install autorcm mode to keep efuses.

It would be interesting to see a patch for SX OS or simply homebrew that allows the bypassing of "This MicroSD Card is being used by another system..."
I know that works but not sure if it would for SX Pro. Especially since I'm not exactly sure where games are being installed. But hey. I'll test it in a few days and get back.

Not that big an issue unless someone is selling sdcards with pre-installed games.

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm thinking about getting an sx os pro and am on 3.00. I was going to just update to the latest fw - if you have SX OS why do you want to stay on 4.1?

CyberMew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is hekate and TegraRcmSmash available for the MAC? If I can borrow a jig and a USB c to USB a cable I should be able to backup my raw nand right? I also need a microSD inserted into the console to backup?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is hekate and TegraRcmSmash available for the MAC? If I can borrow a jig and a USB c to USB a cable I should be able to backup my raw nand right? I also need a microSD inserted into the console to backup?

Back up nand to microsd using hekate. YouTube is good. Not sure if Tegra runs on mac tbh.

I'm thinking about getting an sx os pro and am on 3.00. I was going to just update to the latest fw - if you have SX OS why do you want to stay on 4.1?
For future coldboot exploit. I’ve persoanlly updates to 5.1 using ChoidujourNX and can play latest games and downgrade if an exploit becomes available.

Bajibarg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys another noob question, If I transfer my user and save data from one switch to another, does my old switch still posses all the games I bought with it, even though I transfered the user and saved data from it to another?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid prime 4 to the next console because by now it has been quite a while and there's no release date scheduled yet
    lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get nailed with dmca by tomorrow
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less?
    :rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped
    for $200? rofl.
    well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the current gen they can probably easily just slap it onto a next gen cart and call it good :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The switch was about 350 in 2017
  • Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0:
    mabe where you live
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99—earlier than some had expected at the price many suspected. https://time.com/4632820/nintendo-switch-nx/
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something
    I was near the test market for the NES and man did it make my 2600 look like ass lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    For me just buying a Pi and some accessories fills that not a PC void new consoles have just put them close to PC prices and all the patching and updates makes me feel like I might as well just get a PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Were talking new Gen consoles at launch here
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were talking new Gen consoles at launch here