Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can just follow that guide. The games however depend where exactly you installed them. If you installed them to internal memory when in emuMMC, then yes, they are not visible or exposed as they would be installed to the partition. But if you installed them to the Nintendo folder, then they are stored in the Nintendo folder which is readily accessible. Outside of that, there are no other considerations when changing SD cards.

Hey man, I just want to say thanks. I successfully swapped my SD card to a bigger one following the guide, without issues. It only took like 8 hours copying stuff back and forth, but that was about the worst of it. Thanks again! I now also have a "backup" in the form of my old SD card, which I can throw in and it just works. Awesome.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so how do I accomplish that result?

I take from @Dust2dust answer that the best choice to avoid banning would be to start from a "clean" Switch, so I would begin by restoring my backup with Hekate.

After that, could I just stay into Hekate, re-apply AutoRCM, and finally upgrade sysNAND to 16.1.0 with Daybreak and then proceed with emuMMC creation process?
Sure
I think it was when I powered off for the first time, I dont remeber exactly why I powered off instead of putting on sleep mode, but when it turned on again it was when I believe the problems started.
Do you have AutoRCM enabled?
For further clarification, I've opened the nsp file in NxFileViewer and it shows .tik .cert and .xml
I assume .tik is the archive where the assets are, correct?
No, the .tik file has the ticket used to install the game. There should be some .NCA files inside that contain the actual meat of the .NSP

Reactions: rave420

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok thanks, however if I remove the SD and mount on my PC to transfer ROMs to the SDCard, can I just place them into a folder on the root of the SDcard? Or do I have to transfer the roms while emuMMC is booted?
Based on this, I believe that everything related goes into switch/scummvm folder. As I've said, I haven't used ScummVM on my Switch yet so I'm not sure how it works.
You can transfer while your SD card is in your PC or while your Switch is connected to via USB cable to the PC.

desgrassia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, I am preparing my sd card following this guide: https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND

But since I am going straight to 17.0.0 and I read that PRODINFO blanking is not possible anymore, I think I should ignore the part about it. Can I just skip creating the exosphere.ini altogether, assuming it will just use the correct default settings?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, I'm out of ideas because I'm not sure how the issue was caused or a relevant fix. Maybe try combing through this thread and see if any of those ideas work for you.
When I install super Mario wonder it says game inable to start any ideas ? I’ve used DBI To instal . I’ve tried both nds and
Try using TinWoo Installer instead.
So, I am preparing my sd card following this guide: https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND

But since I am going straight to 17.0.0 and I read that PRODINFO blanking is not possible anymore, I think I should ignore the part about it. Can I just skip creating the exosphere.ini altogether, assuming it will just use the correct default settings?
For starters, I would not follow that guide. I have seen people have issues from following so I do not recommend it. Instead, I would I advise you to use this guide. Not only was it the first guide released for the scene but it has been updated regularly since its release. Also, you don't need PRODINFO blanking anyways. You could just use 90DNS as an alternative.

desgrassia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, so now I am running 17.0.0 in emuMMC, while sysNAND is at 2.3.0 after restoring my initial backup.

I am not sure now on how to update that original firmware without burning fuses. How can I accomplish that?

Also, I have been prompted about updating controller firmwares (and I believe there is also a dock update waiting there). Is it safe to proceed?

What about the gamecard reader? I already discovered that I updated it at least once as it crashes on 2.3.0 with a game inside but now I also see an error message when I try to insert it while running cfw on emuNAND
Post automatically merged:

For starters, I would not follow that guide. I have seen people have issues from following so I do not recommend it. Instead, I would I advise you to use this guide. Not only was it the first guide released for the scene but it has been updated regularly since its release. Also, you don't need PRODINFO blanking anyways. You could just use 90DNS as an alternative.
I have been looking at both guides in the past days, I saw that this one seems to rely on sdsetup website that is not yet updated with latest atmosphere so I went for the manual way. Everything looks fine so far, so hopefully I did not break anything :)

About the sysNAND update, I believe I can just do it by going online from sysNAND and letting it download from Nintendo servers. I would boot with hekate anyway (I re-applied autoRCM) so no chance of burning fuses anyway.

I am just unsure if there is anything else I should do on the official side in order to avoid being flagged for ban. At this point, I could also avoid any unnecessary steps on the emuNAND side, since the plan is to keep it offline and in airplane mode for the foreseeable future

edit: I figured out that by default now it has Auto no GC on, so that would be why I cannot access it :)

But I am not sure if it is needed at all, since it already got upgraded at least once (upgrading to a firmware between 4.x and 5.x)

Also, will the console keep trying to update the card reader firmware on every boot of sysNAND or just when running the official software update? I mean, can I just disable noGC when I boot onto an up-to-date sysNAND, use my physical games, and still have its firmware on a lower revision? And, anyway, would that matter at all or should I just have it updated?

edit 2: final question: would it be ok to replace the reboot payload with hekate so I can directly reboot to that from the switch interface itself? Or maybe there is another, cleaner or easier, way to accomplish that?

Thank you!

Last edited by desgrassia,

Nscl1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this point, I'm out of ideas because I'm not sure how the issue was caused or a relevant fix. Maybe try combing through this thread and see if any of those ideas work for you.

Try using TinWoo Installer instead.

Where can I download Tinwoo because the link don’t work

Damiancool64

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I got an rcm jig from Amazon, and it got delivered but im afraid if the pins will touch the other pins like 6 I see that a pin is little bit bend maybe it’s me Idk,

himothy817

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i was wondering about how to go about posting cheats. I requested some darksouls remaster cheats since i couldnt find any here. Few day past still no cheats so i kept looking and found some i would like to post them here but do i credit the site and person? or is that only for the people on here u copy cheats from u need to credit?

phester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have read alot about Picofly installation but I am not sure what sd card prep to follow, alot refer you to guides that are the soft mod (unpatched) guide. i dont fully understand yet the differentce between atmosphere, hekate, tinfoil and other pieces of software. But I want to get to a safe point. All backup of sysnand and keys is what I think I need so far.

Can i also ask for any HW mod, will any cpu flex do if I am taking the cpu line to the PR2040 or is there a cpu difference. (My first mod will be a switch lite)

Is there any go to for prep for a glitched mod sd card or are they the same?

Last edited by phester,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so now I am running 17.0.0 in emuMMC, while sysNAND is at 2.3.0 after restoring my initial backup.

I am not sure now on how to update that original firmware without burning fuses. How can I accomplish that?

Also, I have been prompted about updating controller firmwares (and I believe there is also a dock update waiting there). Is it safe to proceed?

What about the gamecard reader? I already discovered that I updated it at least once as it crashes on 2.3.0 with a game inside but now I also see an error message when I try to insert it while running cfw on emuNAND
Post automatically merged:

I have been looking at both guides in the past days, I saw that this one seems to rely on sdsetup website that is not yet updated with latest atmosphere so I went for the manual way. Everything looks fine so far, so hopefully I did not break anything :)

About the sysNAND update, I believe I can just do it by going online from sysNAND and letting it download from Nintendo servers. I would boot with hekate anyway (I re-applied autoRCM) so no chance of burning fuses anyway.

I am just unsure if there is anything else I should do on the official side in order to avoid being flagged for ban. At this point, I could also avoid any unnecessary steps on the emuNAND side, since the plan is to keep it offline and in airplane mode for the foreseeable future

edit: I figured out that by default now it has Auto no GC on, so that would be why I cannot access it :)

But I am not sure if it is needed at all, since it already got upgraded at least once (upgrading to a firmware between 4.x and 5.x)

Also, will the console keep trying to update the card reader firmware on every boot of sysNAND or just when running the official software update? I mean, can I just disable noGC when I boot onto an up-to-date sysNAND, use my physical games, and still have its firmware on a lower revision? And, anyway, would that matter at all or should I just have it updated?

edit 2: final question: would it be ok to replace the reboot payload with hekate so I can directly reboot to that from the switch interface itself? Or maybe there is another, cleaner or easier, way to accomplish that?

Thank you!
To update your firmware without burning fuses, you have to use the homebrew application Daybreak. Updating online via Nintendo's servers will burn the fuses because it removes AutoRCM and the fuses are burnt when the stock bootloader runs (think of when you see the Nintendo logo).

I don't see any reason not to update your controllers or dock.

And Hekate is the best payload in the Switch scene so setting that as your reboot to payload is highly recommended.
hello i was wondering about how to go about posting cheats. I requested some darksouls remaster cheats since i couldnt find any here. Few day past still no cheats so i kept looking and found some i would like to post them here but do i credit the site and person? or is that only for the people on here u copy cheats from u need to credit?
There is a megathread where all cheats get posted here. Ignore the fact that it says its for SX OS; cheats are supported by all CFW.
hi guys, can u link me the guide for the hackable version of switch, my gf wants to buy a switch lite and mod it
In order to hack a Switch Lite, you need to solder a modchip inside.

desgrassia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To update your firmware without burning fuses, you have to use the homebrew application Daybreak. Updating online via Nintendo's servers will burn the fuses because it removes AutoRCM and the fuses are burnt when the stock bootloader runs (think of when you see the Nintendo logo).
Ok. I am just not sure on how to achieve that. As it is now, from Hekate I can boot either to Atmosphere (on emuNAND) or Stock CFW. Since the latter is not using Atmosphere, I cannot run homebrew apps like Daybreak. Can you suggest me how to achieve that in a safe way?

raphkraolllsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hello y'all. Longtime reader, first time poster.

Is it possible to connect two controllers to port 1 of my switch.

I have a pro controller and a retro 8bitdo snes controller. In Retroarch I can set up both controllers to talk to Port 1, which means I can go through the menus with my pro controller, and once I'm in the game, switch to my retro controller without having to change the grip/order. Very convienient.

Is it possible to do something similar with native switch games on the console? I think neither sys-con nor mission control are up to the task, since they are more about controller support over bluetooth / usb, rather than reprogramming ports and stuff.

Any ideas? Thank you

General Tip for Noobs:
If you are unsure about certain Homebrew Topics, start by asking ChatGPT about it. It is surprisingly knowledgeable on most things homebrew. 'difference between emunand and sysnand' or 'homebrew apps that help with controller support'. it gives you a good general overview. However, if you are looking for tutorials or files, always look up the most recent information, don't use youtube tutorials, and get familiar with GitHub and how to find relevant information. Cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol