Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

elohim1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you try using the dock usb port and going through the switch usb c port and they don't work they probably patched it.
Sorry, I didn’t understand (my bad English…). I use those controllers only with usb on the dock. You say that I have to try on usb C directly on the console?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I didn’t understand (my bad English…). I use those controllers only with usb on the dock. You say that I have to try on usb C directly on the console?

You can use it either through the dock or the usb c port on the switch when it is undocked, as with what I was saying if you try both methods and still doesn't work, they might have patched it.

Reactions: elohim1

elohim1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can use it either through the dock or the usb c port on the switch when it is undocked, as with what I was saying if you try both methods and still doesn't work, they might have patched it.
EDIT: I tried sys-con and now they work again! Thank you for your help!

I noted that sys-con has not released since 2021... Is there other solution like it?

Last edited by elohim1,

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm trying to install xci files over nut 3.3.

And whatever I do they never show up. And yes the title id is in there between square brackets.
So what am I doing wrong here? All other file types give zero issues to install over usb. But this one just wont show up?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. Well, some years ago I did a Micro SD upgrade to my switch and everything went smoothly. But yesterday, I bought a micro SD for my son, I am going to upgrade his SD cards but, my dumb brain can´t remember how I did it back then!! (a good 3 years ago!!) :rofl: I searched the site and indeed there are many tutorials BUT WITH EMUNAND. He doesn't have an emunand, so my question is, just copy and paste? Or are there some extra steps to take before that. I would really appreciate your help. Thank you!!!
If there is emuMMC partition, then its as simple as copy and pasting the files. Its not like CFW is installed to the Nintendo Switch console; all of those files exist solely on the SD card.
I tried out looking at the files that came with the setup before wiping it all to start over and it was indeed exosphere, so thankfully I could just redo it all and have a working sysMMC and emuMMC! Though on emuMMC I keep getting asked for cloud save backups even though I have 90DNS on it, kind of annoying but I couldn't really find a satisfying workaround (As I need a nintendo account linked for the NSO apps, I don't know if linking a fake account would work here.)
If you want to try linking a fake account, Linkalho is your best bet.
So I'm trying to install xci files over nut 3.3.

And whatever I do they never show up. And yes the title id is in there between square brackets.
So what am I doing wrong here? All other file types give zero issues to install over usb. But this one just wont show up?
I always use a combination of TinWoo Installer and NS-USBloader to install all of my .NSP as well as .XCI files without any issues for years now. I would highly recommend giving them a try as they are what I personally use.
The only benefit I can think of is unlimited usage of the web browser without it force-closing.
The Switch has anti-downgrade fuses so if you downgraded, the console will not boot.
Post automatically merged:

Only the official bootloader checks the fuses, if you inject Hekate, it'll boot without problems.
Okay and? You have to hack the console in order to use Hekate so by that point, you gain nothing by downgrading and you already have an exploit to use. If your goal is to use Hekate to run the lower firmware so you can exploit the lower firmware, that means you have to use an exploit (Hekate) to load your lower firmware exploit. Its redundant.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay and? You have to hack the console in order to use Hekate so by that point, you gain nothing by downgrading and you already have an exploit to use. If your goal is to use Hekate to run the lower firmware so you can exploit the lower firmware, that means you have to use an exploit (Hekate) to load your lower firmware exploit. Its redundant.
First time I see Hekate being called an exploit. Fusée gelée is an exploit. But Hekate?

denullz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Might be random but is there a chance to create folders in the Switch Home Menu and- or force games to be in a particular order

cottero26

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi to all, I'd like to install some games on my modded Switch via USB, but Tinfoil can't see what I have on the PC even if NUT told me that the NSW is connected and the games are there.
I have Atmosphere and Tinfoil v15.0 on the console and NUT v3.3 on the Pc. I've installed the drivers on the PC and the games are the following:
1) Nintendo Switch Sports in NSP format | I heard that 4GB+ files may cause problem, so I download a random game which is 1.7 GB.
2) Smash Bros Ultimate + all DLC in XCI format | I've just discover by reading the FAQ that Atmosphere can install only NSP files. Ops...

I'm not sure what to do, I follow some videos but they never had this problem: they just launched NUT with the console attached to the PC and then they saw all their games on Tinfoil ready to be installed.

gamefan128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image.jpg

What joycon piece is this? I found it in a joycon repair kit.

cottero26

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@cottero26 i think the DBI Installer with the MTP Responder is the solution to your problem. You shoud be able to install any format and any size with that. :)
Thank you for the reply! I'd like to stick with Tinfoil for a little more, even with this problem I'm having it looks easier than others and I like the interface more than DBI.

I upload Tinfoil to the latest version (16.0) and done the same with Atmosphere.
Not sure why, but online people write that Tinfoil can install every format, I guess the FAQ here is not updated.
Before updating Tinfoil, NUT and my PC stop see the console attached via USB. Not sure why it happened, maybe I've messed up some settings during the trial and error process. Do I need some driver? I installed only tinfoil_driver.exe from blawar's github... am I missing something?
Post automatically merged:

@cottero26 i think the DBI Installer with the MTP Responder is the solution to your problem. You shoud be able to install any format and any size with that. :)
Sorry for the double post, but I want to thank you again: in the end I turn to DBI and everything work fine!
Yay!

Last edited by cottero26,
Reactions: denullz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto