Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Mitch91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Atmosphere is still in pre-release but most things have been wrung out at this point.

If you would like to go online then you will need to upgrade. There aren’t any other options to get around that. You will still probably want to upgrade to official Atmosphere release when it comes out next week or so. You will need to determine iwhat meets your needs.

Here’s a guide if you decide to go that direction:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Sounds like you might be exposed to Ninty servers while in CFW…not ideal.

What guide did you follow and did you turn on exosphere.ini and dns:mitm like this shows?

I

https://rentry.org/Exosphere

Atmosphere is still in pre-release but most things have been wrung out at this point.

If you would like to go online then you will need to upgrade. There aren’t any other options to get around that. You will still probably want to upgrade to official Atmosphere release when it comes out next week or so. You will need to determine iwhat meets your needs.

Here’s a guide if you decide to go that direction:

Sounds like you might be exposed to Ninty servers while in CFW…not ideal.

What guide did you follow and did you turn on exosphere.ini and dns:mitm like this shows?

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM
i didnt use any guide i used a fresh sd card as my current sd is being corrupted. hence i can only copy my old switch's file to the new sd. will try to follow guide on https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM do i have to turn it on somewhere or do i just copy and create the files?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt use any guide i used a fresh sd card as my current sd is being corrupted. hence i can only copy my old switch's file to the new sd. will try to follow guide on https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM do i have to turn it on somewhere or do i just copy and create the files?

just create new files.

make sure they do not have double extensions.

example:
exosphere.ini.txt <—incorrect
exosphere.ini <—correct

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I updated Firmware to 16.0.0 and copied the latest Atmosphere, Hekate and Sigpatches over.

System/Games basically work but I cannot install any new nsp's via Golfleaf (0.10)

Goldleaf always gives the Error message:

-------------------
An error ocurred attempting to install the NSP:
Error: 2001-0123 (0xF601)
Module: Unknown module (1)
Descriptioon: Unknown or undocumented error (123)
-------------------

Does anyone know what I did wrong?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I updated Firmware to 16.0.0 and copied the latest Atmosphere, Hekate and Sigpatches over.

System/Games basically work but I cannot install any new nsp's via Golfleaf (0.10)

Goldleaf always gives the Error message:

-------------------
An error ocurred attempting to install the NSP:
Error: 2001-0123 (0xF601)
Module: Unknown module (1)
Descriptioon: Unknown or undocumented error (123)
-------------------

Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Where did you get your Sigpatches?

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

Try moving /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and see if that helps…if it does, I have additional steps.

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Where did you get your Sigpatches?

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

Try moving /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and see if that helps…if it does, I have additional steps.

Thanks for your answer.

I downloaded the sigpatches from this site again and also renamed contents to contents.bk but it did not change anything.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer.

I downloaded the sigpatches from this site again and also renamed contents to contents.bk but it did not change anything.
Keep goldleaf installed, but try another installer and see if we get the same issue.

Tinwoo or DBI spring to mind as good candidates…

Installers​

• DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.
Post automatically merged:

Hello everyone!
Before writing that I need to follow X guide to jailbreak it's etc, I just want to say that my Switch is already jailbroken a long time ago using Atmosphere
My current system is:
10.2.0 | AMS
0.14.4 | E

Last time I updated my Switch was like 2 years ago, and I THINK I used something called "ChiodujourNX" and "Daybreak". But i cannot remember what I did to update it. I do however remember it was a mess after I updated it since I had to change my Hekate Config and also get new Sigpatches etc

My question is, since it was a long time ago I updated, what do I need as of today to update my Switch to the latest CFW firmware (Atmosphere)??

Is there a new tool that makes it easier for us now compared how it was 2 years ago?
One of the reason I want to update it, is because I can't play newer games since I always get this error message: "The software was closed because an error occurred".
Don't know if that means that I can't run newer games if I don't update my CFW.
If I don't update a game, it works fine. But as soon as I update a game, i get that error.

Best way is to download the files by hand.

Move/rename /bootloader to /bootloader.bk

Move/rename /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk

Follow the appropriate section for your Switch in this guide:

that should fix you right up…

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best way is to download the files by hand.

Move/rename /bootloader to /bootloader.bk

Move/rename /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk

Follow the appropriate section for your Switch in this guide:

that should fix you right up
I've never touched or even heard about the Bootloader.BK and Atmosphere.BK before. What är those?
this is just me looking out for you and creating a Backup of your current data before we proceed. Then if you run into trouble we can always get back to your known good state.
Also would the Switch Method work fine or is it recommended to use the PC method?

https://rentry.org/UpdateCFW
I highly recommend PC method. The Switch method is for when you update a lot and really have things down to a science and know how to fix things if they get sideways. Infrequent users tend to expect tools to know how to handle all edge cases and are surprised when things go sideways often resulting in extended troubleshooting. Doing it by hand allows you to see what’s happening in real time.
Is that all I need to do to update My CFW?
Don't I need to use Daybreak or ChiodujourNX?

Choi is no longer updated. You will need to use daybreak.nro (comes w/ Atmosphere) to upgrade your Firmware after yoI’ve upgraded your CFW and Bootloader (Atmosphere and Hekate). It is the next section of the guide…

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Switxh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please tell me the value of this resistor? Next to the FT9CJ touch screen chip. I've spent hours searching online but have only found threads that lead to dead ends with no answer. For clarification, it's the 0402 sized resistor that's near the bottom left corner of the FT9CJ chip. (circled in red)

Attachments

• 03087973ad3d8c6bc4e6ccbfd5180fb9.jpg
    03087973ad3d8c6bc4e6ccbfd5180fb9.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 20

Trinda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Every time I go to launch Pokemon Brilliant Diamond on emummc, it fails with an error 2002-0039 (0x4e02).
I'm on switch firmware 15.0.0 and Atmosphere 1.4.0

Anyone know how to fix?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I go to launch Pokemon Brilliant Diamond on emummc, it fails with an error 2002-0039 (0x4e02).
I'm on switch firmware 15.0.0 and Atmosphere 1.4.0

Anyone know how to fix?

It might be too many files:

Try deleting the contents of your /atmosphere/contents/erpt_reports/ directory

Reactions: impeeza and Trinda

Katalinea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I recently modded my switch and am now running into an issue that I haven't been able to figure out. I've spent all day looking for an answer in forums and just testing things out. When I run Animal Crossing starting a new save, the screen stays black but I hear airport sounds. It does not load. When I load it with a save I found online, it works fine. I would really like to play from a new save file, is there any way I could fix this?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This had happened each time I upgrade ofw. But the next boot is normal then.
So it’s booting normally now?

What firmware were you on before?

Hello. I recently modded my switch and am now running into an issue that I haven't been able to figure out. I've spent all day looking for an answer in forums and just testing things out. When I run Animal Crossing starting a new save, the screen stays black but I hear airport sounds. It does not load. When I load it with a save I found online, it works fine. I would really like to play from a new save file, is there any way I could fix this?

Have you tried Airplane Mode to disconnect wifi?

Assuming you are on CFW/Emunand while trying to play….have you at any time tried any mods for ACNH?

Last edited by binkinator,

UnnamedPy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So it’s booting normally now?

What firmware were you on before?

Have you tried Airplane Mode to disconnect Wireless?
Yes, it's normal now. I upgrade from 15.0.1 to 16.0.0 this time. And I encountered similar situations when upgrading from 10.2.0 to 13.2.1 and from 13.2.1 to 14.1.0 and from 14.1.0 to 15.0.1. I haven't tried airplane mode because I'm upgrading ofw online officially.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's normal now. I upgrade from 15.0.1 to 16.0.0 this time. And I encountered similar situations when upgrading from 10.2.0 to 13.2.1 and from 13.2.1 to 14.1.0 and from 14.1.0 to 15.0.1. I haven't tried airplane mode because I'm upgrading ofw online officially.
(Airplane Mode comment was for someone else.)

I honestly don’t know, there was a release notes warning for 1.4.0 that the reporting cleanup was fixed and first boot would take a bit longer as it would have to do some housekeeping now that it is working properly, but this should only be a one time penalty and only one release.

It‘s honestly going to be difficult to diagnose unless we can get it to repeat reliably.

I’m going to say that unless it starts happening again, continueusing it and watch for anything you might be doing differently right before it happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__