Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Miscreant

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
game launch error, help!!!!

when a game is detected, an error occurs: the program is closed because an error occurred, I started the game through the firmware and license. You can go into some games for a couple of minutes, then it throws it out again. I have the first revision. All the firmware is the latest. Sorry for the broken English

Attachments

• avito-1677831141618-shot.jpg
    avito-1677831141618-shot.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Last edited by Miscreant,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Using N64 NSO, is it possible to have true widescreen like you can with Mupen64Plus? Using the widescreen patch just seems to stretch it out.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
game launch error, help!!!!

when a game is detected, an error occurs: the program is closed because an error occurred, I started the game through the firmware and license. You can go into some games for a couple of minutes, then it throws it out again. I have the first revision. All the firmware is the latest. Sorry for the broken English
Which Switch Firmware are you on specifically?
What version of Atmosphere and Hekate?
Where Did you get your Sigpatches?
Did you update fusee.bin when you updated Atmosphere?
Post automatically merged:

Using N64 NSO, is it possible to have true widescreen like you can with Mupen64Plus? Using the widescreen patch just seems to stretch it out.

I don’t know a whole lot about widescreen on Mupen64Plus.

Does this help any?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/n64-online-widescreen-cheats.615714/

Anybody else know more about this?

Thanks for the help, but remodding my console would just wipe my emummc and i dont wanna lose what i have left. After gathering my thoughts, i pulled out an OLD backup of some key stuff like my hekate_ipl.ini to at least boot and see what i have left, my console seems to be running a little slower than usual, which is concerning, but what's worse is that all my sd card games seem to be gone. Their icons are there but they ask for a redownload, right now im trying to recover what i can, sys memory games, save files and such. Also, there seems to be trouble booting homebrew sometimes, but that should be fine.

I just checked SD card contents with goldleaf and it's blank, i think it completely wiped the location wheregames are stored, or severly damaged it.

Agreed. I was only suggesting you replace anything that was missing in order to get back up and running. Recreating a new emummc would destroy things you want to keep. If it knows about your games but can’t run them then it means your emunand still has your game saves so reinstalling the games will get you right back to where you were. You may or may not have to delete the game using System-> Data Management.

Last edited by binkinator,

yeetus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed minecraft and terraria and both give me an error like the game is archived and won't open. what do i do?

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the latest atmosphere version stable with no issues now?

There used to be a thread for the latest sigpatches and all that too, is that thread not used as much now?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used tinfoil on my enunand and deleted the serial number. I had no idea it would do it to the sysnand as well, so my sysnand is now blank. Im trying to restore it i have a nand backup and i have prod.keys. (not sure if they're needed in the process.) im just unsure on how to actually process with restoring my sysnand serial number
Deleting your serial number on emuMMC will not affect sysMMC. Either you didn't actually make emuMMC or you deleted your serial number on sysMMC at some point. At any rate, all you do is use Hekate to restore your eMMC backup to sysMMC. Also, this is why you shouldn't use that title installer. I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it.

ThatOneBan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deleting your serial number on emuMMC will not affect sysMMC. Either you didn't actually make emuMMC or you deleted your serial number on sysMMC at some point. At any rate, all you do is use Hekate to restore your eMMC backup to sysMMC. Also, this is why you shouldn't use that title installer. I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it.
Ah okay if i use hekate to restore the backup how can i select it to restore the backup to the sysnand and not to the emunand by mistake?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Which Switch Firmware are you on specifically?
What version of Atmosphere and Hekate?
Where Did you get your Sigpatches?
Did you update fusee.bin when you updated Atmosphere?

I don’t know a whole lot about widescreen on Mupen64Plus.

Does this help any?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/n64-online-widescreen-cheats.615714/

Anybody else know more about this?

Agreed. I was only suggesting you replace anything that was missing in order to get back up and running. Recreating a new emummc would destroy things you want to keep. If it knows about your games but can’t run them then it means your emunand still has your game saves so reinstalling the games will get you right back to where you were. You may or may not have to delete the game using System-> Data Management.

Those are listings for some Gameshark codes. I'm not sure how those could be used with NSO.

Does anyone know how to have true widescreen with N64 NSO, not just stretched screen like the Cave mod does?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not replying directly in hopes someone who knows more will respond.

As I understand it, the codes are injected into the rom itself using the python script. Then the roms can be injected into NSO as a regular rom and they will be proper widescreen.

How to run:

Put your Gameshark codes into “gameshark_code.txt”

Copy a ROM into this directory and name it “rom.z64″

Open a terminal and type the following…

python gameshark_code_injector.py

It will generate a rom called “rom_patched.z64″

Open your newly patched rom in your favorite emulator or copy to a flash drive for console and enjoy playing!

IFunkymonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello there!

I have a little problem with my SD Card and copying files to it. If i copy files from my PC to the SD Card via USB Cable, it's really, really slow. If i download homebrew through tinfoil, it loads with around 30mb/s. If i connect my sd card directly with my pc via sd card reader, it's also very slow. What could be the problem?

I used the USB 3.0 port and cable for usb connection and another port for my sd card reader...the funny thing is, that through tinfoil it install larger files pretty fast...any of you got an idea?! 🤔

Runic86

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
I've tried to upgrade the firmware and atmosphere to the latest patch, but the switch gives me a blue screen (attached).

I've done the steps I always do, that is:
1) Get the zip from sdsetup
2) Delete the atmosphere, bootloader, config and switch folders in the sd card
3) Upload the sd files from the sdsetup package
4) Upload the sigmapatches to the sd card
5) Upload the firmware files to the sd card
6) Inject the fusee.bin file using TegraRcmGUI
7) Update the firmware then shutdown the console
8) Inject the fusee.bin file using TegraRcmGUI

I've done this sequence many times before and it's the first time it doesn't work, did I miss something?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• switch_screen.jpg
    switch_screen.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 23

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I've tried to upgrade the firmware and atmosphere to the latest patch, but the switch gives me a blue screen (attached).

I've done this sequence many times before and it's the first time it doesn't work, did I miss something?

Thanks in advance

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/2052

Reactions: binkinator

Runic86

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,

Thanks in advance
I think I solved it on my own!
You need to search the /atmosphere/content folder for a folder with the same name as the program in the error screen and delete the folder.

After that, you can inject the fusee.bin and it works!
Edit: thanks Hayato213 for the quick answer!

Reactions: Hayato213

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are listings for some Gameshark codes. I'm not sure how those could be used with NSO.

Does anyone know how to have true widescreen with N64 NSO, not just stretched screen like the Cave mod does?
According to the link below, what I posted is a valid way to get widescreen:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cave-da...nline-modding-app.551466/page-36#post-9644528

Here’s the link to the Rocking the Classics Discord

https://discord.gg/UUvqsAR

I joined and user MacFly mentions the same tool to inject GameShark codes.

EF9277D4-F253-4304-99A7-4563EE291DDD.jpeg

I think I’ll try to do one myself as a proof of concept…

e: trying PaperMario (cause the cheat is small) for my minimally viable product.

Paper Mario NTSC-U:
8102D574 2407
8102D576 018A

According to the readme I need to copy my backup rom to a new file called rom.z64
Then I need to place the cheat inside the file called gameshark_codes.txt
Now I run python3 ./gameshark_code_injector.py

Seems it ran OK.

A54161C5-88ED-4CAF-89AC-9BA1EA13C887.png

Going to inject my modified rom using CaVE Database Manager and see off it does anything to my PaperMario screen…

Here’s before:

image.jpg

Will update shortly…

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: regnad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock