Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, got another question, after I shut down my switch and rebooted it after a time, the CFW (emunand) didn't show up and I think it was the OFW/Stock ROM. Is that normal? Or is it the stock ROM so I just need to change it with Hekate again?
Or could that be the CFW sysnand?
Also another question again, could I get banned if I use the stock ROM or after shut down and reboot the ?FW, if that is the legit Switch Firmware?

Please post a screenshot of your System Setting —> System —> System Update.

1677507852952.jpeg

Please post the contents of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime Remastered was released more than a week before firmware 16.0 and while Kirby was released shortly afterwards, the cartridges logically would have to have been prepared weeks in advanced well before the firmware was released. Why on Earth would those games need a firmware that literally just released when they were completed a long time before firmware 16.0?
I am concerned because last time I went to play a new game cart (pkmn violet), I got message on switch saying I need to update system before game add to home screen. Concerned same happen if I get metroid and Kirby. My v1 switch is still on fw 15x.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Mimikyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hekate:

[config]
updater2p=1
{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emu_boot.bmp
{}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
{}
{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

Switch CFW:
2023022715301900-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am concerned because last time I went to play a new game cart (pkmn violet), I got message on switch saying I need to update system before game add to home screen. Concerned same happen if I get metroid and Kirby. My v1 switch is still on fw 15x.

You gain nothing by updating in advance and since firmware 16.0 is still new, not all homebrew or hacks have been updated so you may actually encounter more issues once you update. I don't know the full circumstances of your previous problem, but I can assure you that if you update now, you will run into a different set of problems. Combine that with the very high likelihood that these games should not require firmware 16.0 as they were manufactured well before the firmware was released to the public,there is no logical reason to update as of now.

Reactions: binkinator

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You gain nothing by updating in advance and since firmware 16.0 is still new, not all homebrew or hacks have been updated so you may actually encounter more issues once you update. I don't know the full circumstances of your previous problem, but I can assure you that if you update now, you will run into a different set of problems. Combine that with the very high likelihood that these games should not require firmware 16.0 as they were manufactured well before the firmware was released to the public,there is no logical reason to update as of now.
Ok. Do you think I will be ok getting those game carts and not having to update to fw 16? Just worried that I will get that message again, stating that game won't be added to home screen until system is updated...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hekate:

[config]
updater2p=1
{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emu_boot.bmp
{}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
{}
{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

Switch CFW:
View attachment 355983

So you are absolutely booting into Emunand based on the E at the end of your FW version.

You have two CFW options in your Hekate, CFW on Emunand and CFW on Sysnand.

The last option is Stock OFW on Sysnand.

I don’t see any issues with what you’re doing. Was it just the one boot that looked a little wonky? Please share any additional details…

Mimikyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So you are absolutely booting into Emunand based on the E at the end of your FW version.

You have two CFW options in your Hekate, CFW on Emunand and CFW on Sysnand.

The last option is Stock OFW on Sysnand.

I don’t see any issues with what you’re doing. Was it just the one boot that looked a little wonky? Please share any additional details…
Everything is alright and works well. I just was curious if the Stock ROM is really the OFW so I can go to the Eshop of Nintendo etc. That's why. But when I shut the console down (no standby) and start it again, it's in the OFW then or still in cfw sysnand?

Can I go then into the Nintendo Eshop and play online without getting banned?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is alright and works well. I just was curious if the Stock ROM is really the OFW so I can go to the Eshop of Nintendo etc. That's why. But when I shut the console down (no standby) and start it again, it's in the OFW then or still in cfw sysnand?

Can I go then into the Nintendo Eshop and play online without getting banned?
You can always look at the same place and it will tell you, based on the last letter, if you are on:

(E)munand/CFW
(S)ysnand/CFW
<nothing> /OFW

I you are on OFW and you haven’t installed any piracy or Online cheats (i.e. 100% clean) then you have no worries about going Online, buying games from the eshop and doing everything you would normally do.

Switch Banning Hub The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!

Mimikyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can always look at the same place and it will tell you, based on the last letter, if you are on:

(E)munand/CFW
(S)ysnand/CFW
<nothing> /OFW

I you are on OFW and you haven’t installed any piracy or Online cheats (i.e. 100% clean) then you have no worries about going Online, buying games from the eshop and doing everything you would normally do.

Switch Banning Hub The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!
Alright thank you, will Nintendo detect pirated games when they are just on emunand? Would I need to uninstall everything to go to the Nintendo Eshop?

Sno206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry guys, probably a silly question but want to be belt and braces before I start jumping between the two modes.

Once my switch Is set up on emunand. Any changes I make here or in sysnand won't be linked will they? I.e once CFW is set up and running on Emunand. I can boot back into my sysnand and take off airplane mode, linked back up to my WiFi and all cloud save data back ups again for my legit games.

This won't carry over to the Atmosphere build on Emunand will it?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thank you, will Nintendo detect pirated games when they are just on emunand?
The only 100% guaranteed way is to turn off wifi. if you still want to ftp or use tinfoil the next best thing is to block Ninty servers and mask your Prodinfo (serial number) using exosphere/dns:mitm

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM
Post automatically merged:

Sorry guys, probably a silly question but want to be belt and braces before I start jumping between the two modes.

Once my switch Is set up on emunand. Any changes I make here or in sysnand won't be linked will they? I.e once CFW is set up and running on Emunand. I can boot back into my sysnand and take off airplane mode, linked back up to my WiFi and all cloud save data back ups again for my legit games.

This won't carry over to the Atmosphere build on Emunand will it?
Correct. Emunand and Sysnand are separate instances. Anything you do on Emunand is not replicated on Sysnand and vice versa.

As long as your Sysnand is kept 100% clean you can go Online and behave 100% normally.

Completely disconnecting from wifi on Emunand is ideal, however, here’s a solid guide on how to block dns and mask your serial number:

Mimikyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only 100% guaranteed way is to turn off wifi. if you still want to ftp or use tinfoil the next best thing is to block Ninty servers and mask your Prodinfo (serial number) using exosphere/dns:mitm

What do I need to do to go online to the Eshop (OFW), when I installed pirated games on Emunand? How do I get 100% clean?

Correct. Emunand and Sysnand are separate instances. Anything you do on Emunand is not replicated on Sysnand and vice versa. Here’s a guide in how to block dns and mask your serial number:

So to get that right, everything I do on emunand, won't effect OFW right? Like cheats/ pirated games etc.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I need to do to go online to the Eshop (OFW), when I installed pirated games on Emunand? How do I get 100% clean?

So to get that right, everything I do on emunand, won't effect OFW right? Like cheats/ pirated games etc.
100% correct.

Sno206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Correct. Emunand and Sysnand are separate instances. Anything you do on Emunand is not replicated on Sysnand and vice versa. Here’s a guide in how to block dns and mask your serial number:

Thanks appreciated! That's what I thought and hoped. And I have followed that guide already but also shall be keeping the Emunand offline for the time being anyway. Thanks for help!

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When you asked if everything you do on emunand will not effect OFW, I responded that it is 100% correct.

Could you please provide more details as to what is unclear?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I am wanting to get physical games of metroid prime and Kirby dreamland, v1 switch is on 15x. I have system offline and in airplane mode. Last time I got a new gamecart, system said that I need to update before game will appear on homescreen. My question is, how would game/system know that there is a update for firmware, when system is offline? I am concerned that I will get message again if I get those new games. Don't want to update to firmware 16 unless I really have to. Do you guys think I will need to update firmware if I get those new games? I heard firmware 16 has issues with homebrew apps as some are not updated yet. Help appreciated [emoji846]

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I am wanting to get physical games of metroid and Kirby, v1 switch is on 15x. I have system offline and in airplane mode. Last time I got a new gamecart, system said that I need to update before game will appear on homescreen. My question is, how would game/system know that there is a update for firmware, when system is offline? I am concerned that I will get message again if I get those new games. Don't want to update to firmware 16 unless I really have to. Do you guys think I will need to update firmware if I get those new games? I heard firmware 16 has issues with homebrew apps as some are not updated yet. Help appreciated [emoji846]

The version list is included with the firmware. It already knows what updated to work with it and let’s you know. Even offline. Game carts include their expected FW for the level they require. This way if someone is offline in a remote location, the cart comes with everything needed to play. No need to worry though, there is a huge time lag before carts make it into the wild with a new firmware release.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The version list is included with the firmware. It already knows what updated to work with it and let’s you know. Even offline. Game carts include their expected FW for the level they require. This way if someone is offline in a remote location, the cart comes with everything needed to play. No need to worry though, there is a huge lag before carts make it into the wild with a new firmware.
I should be ok getting those new games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: