Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Anything averaging over 95 will do. The rest is wasted on the Switch. I have several of the various SanDisk cards, including the Extreme. The cheaper ones run almost the same as the expensive ones in the Switch. The Samsung Evo is a very solid card but they don’t come in 1TB (yet?). If you prefer their brand and they have the size you want, go with Samsung by all means!
Samsung it is then! 1TB is a bit too pricey for me, I think I'll settle for 256 GB for now and maybe upgrade sometime in the future. And yeah, no 1TB Samsung Evo microSD card yet. I doubt that I'll have that many games on it my console to begin with. ^^
In any case, thanks for helping me out, cheers!

Reactions: binkinator

realbout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a PC tool (pref. Linux) which tells me what games have new updates and DLCs - like DBI on the switch. My games are all in separate folders.. like ~/switch/games/198x and so on. Or is there a tool which is able to automagically load the title-updates?

Thanks in advance.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a PC tool (pref. Linux) which tells me what games have new updates and DLCs - like DBI on the switch. My games are all in separate folders.. like ~/switch/games/198x and so on. Or is there a tool which is able to automagically load the title-updates?

Thanks in advance.
nsp-indexer will do this. @izenn just released a version inside a Docker container too.

check it out: https://gbatemp.net/threads/local-stores.623383/

Original release here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsp-indexer.591541/

GitHub page w/ pics of games that have updates unfulfilled: https://github.com/proconsule/nspindexer

Latest Version has Red X vs Green Checkmark

1671545988952.jpeg

Last edited by binkinator,

Deekman15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I replace my EmuNAND? Before realizing I needed a software downloaded to run Tinfoil through, I had deleted the games I already had. Basically I would like to restore the emuNAND so that way I have software to run Tinfoil through. I followed this guide: nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Last edited by Deekman15,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I replace my EmuNAND? Before realizing I needed a software downloaded to run Tinfoil through, I had deleted the games I already had. Basically I would like to restore the emuNAND so that way I have software to run Tinfoil through. I followed this guide: nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
Well if you just need something to install games with, I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead. Its lightweight, very user friendly, and what I personally use to install games.

Auzzeren

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys,
I’m in a bit of a pickle. My Nintendo switch is dead. Won’t turn on or charge, and I’ve run through all the troubleshooting to get it to show signs of life but have been unsuccessful. I’ve got a new one on the way, as I’d been meaning to upgrade anyway.

Onto my issue - I really want my Pokémon save data from the switch. It’s the only game I play regularly without cloud backup, and that’s about 150 hours down the drain, per game. Is there any way for me to retrieve the data off the switch? I’ve already contacted Nintendo Support but haven’t received any useful answers. They can repair the switch, but will reset the device which is exactly what I don’t want them to do. Even if there’s a solution that involves me taking the switch apart, I’m quite desperate to restore the data.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Applet mode is triggered when you run something as an applet such as the Album. Games, such as .NSP files, are not treated as applets and therefore do not run in Applet Mode thus are able to use more RAM. Also, I wouldn't know what URL its looking for since I never use that app. Instead, I use TinWoo Installer which I think is a much better homebrew in my opinion because its simpler to use and never gives me or others any issues.
Nice, I'm sold, the "NTFS" USB support part of that installer just made me install it on my switch and already tested and can read my external 4TB hdd for random files which is for my PC so it's in NTFS, I used OTG...

Really wished Tinfoil would add NTFS support...

Also is there any reason for me to have Awoo installer on my switch when Tinwoo seems very similar but even has NTFS reading as a huge bonus???

Last edited by guily6669,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I’m in a bit of a pickle. My Nintendo switch is dead. Won’t turn on or charge, and I’ve run through all the troubleshooting to get it to show signs of life but have been unsuccessful. I’ve got a new one on the way, as I’d been meaning to upgrade anyway.

Onto my issue - I really want my Pokémon save data from the switch. It’s the only game I play regularly without cloud backup, and that’s about 150 hours down the drain, per game. Is there any way for me to retrieve the data off the switch? I’ve already contacted Nintendo Support but haven’t received any useful answers. They can repair the switch, but will reset the device which is exactly what I don’t want them to do. Even if there’s a solution that involves me taking the switch apart, I’m quite desperate to restore the data.

If you can't get it to boot, you lost your data.

froexen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello! I was wondering if you can help me with this. Short things short, I updated from 13.2.1 to 15.0.1, and since then I´ve been having a lot of problems, but most noticeable is that, during hekate's HW and Fuse tab, the part that indicates burnt fuses, it reads the following: Burnt Fuses (ODM 7/6): 16 - 0 (HOS 13-2-1 14-1-2) even though I was on 15.0.1!. I tried deactivating AutoRCM to boot Switch normally, but was presented with Orange Screen instead. Afterwards, I got back into Hekate, and checked HW and Fuse tab again, now it reads Burnt Fuses (ODM 7/6): 17 - 0 (HOS: 15.0.0+). Thought it was normal now, but now it won´t let me load CFW Sysnand (couldn´t get into Emunand since my console had a faulty micro sd slot from mobo end, which was fixed last week!) .
Before OSOD but after updating to 15.0.1, I got the following errors

20221221_130221.jpg

Another error regarding wifi not enabled or something, then got sent to an error page like first image.
This was the info I got after I updated to fw 15.0.1

20221221_130335.jpg

And this error after injecting latest Hekate payload 6.0.0
20221221_124530.jpg

Seriously I am freaking out haha. First time this happens when updating through Daybreak. As side information, I recently sent my console for repairs (faulty micro sd slot from mobo end and faulty dock mode).
Btw, I deleted all folders from content folder within Atmosphere´s.

Thanks and have a great day!!

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad you’re all sorted. Enjoy!
Hi its been a minute since you last helped.

When upgrading my atmosphere firmware do i follow the same instructions on how to update your CFW or am i able to miss anything from the list?

I tried using the AIO switch updater but it kept on crashing so going to do the manual route again.

Thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi its been a minute since you last helped.

When upgrading my atmosphere firmware do i follow the same instructions on how to update your CFW or am i able to miss anything from the list?

I tried using the AIO switch updater but it kept on crashing so going to do the manual route again.

Thanks

Here’s what I follow:

https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW
(I do something slightly different on firmware…see below)

1)
Download latest Atmosphere, Hekate, Sigpatches

2)
Move(rename) /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk
Move(rename) /bootloader to /bootloader.bk

3)
Unzip everything at top of SDCard.

4)
Download fusee.bin and place in /bootloader/payloads/

5)
Copy /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini to /bootloader/

6)
Reboot and make sure everything works (before continuing to next step)

7)
Look for Darthsternie Firmware somewhere on the internet. (This is the different thing I was mentioning above.)

8)
Fire up daybreak.nro and point it at the unzipped firmware from above to finish FW upgrade of emunand.

9)
Adult beverages?

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here’s what I follow:

https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW
(I do something slightly different on firmware…see below)

1)
Download latest Atmosphere, Hekate, Sigpatches

2)
Move(rename) /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk
Move(rename) /bootloader to /bootloader.bk

3)
Unzip everything at top of SDCard.

4)
Download fusee.bin and place in /bootloader/payloads/

5)
Copy /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini to /bootloader/

6)
Reboot and make sure everything works (before continuing to next step)

7)
Look for Darthsternie Firmware somewhere on the internet. (This is the different thing I was mentioning above.)

8)
Fire up daybreak.nro and point it at the unzipped firmware from above to finish FW upgrade of emunand.

9)
Adult beverages?
OK nice one will give it a go.

Is it not advisable to follow the page swith haking is easy?

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK nice one will give it a go.

Is it not advisable to follow the page swith haking is easy?
You absolutely should. I was just giving you the overview with a couple of tweaks that I personally do while following that very same guide.

E: I do PC method BTW. Works every time!

Reactions: DonAndy321

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You absolutely should. I was just giving you the overview with a couple of tweaks that I personally do while following that very same guide.
OK great!
Post automatically merged:

Sorry one more question. How do i check if am using fusee.bin ?

E: I do PC method BTW. Works every time!

Last edited by DonAndy321,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I was wondering if you can help me with this. Short things short, I updated from 13.2.1 to 15.0.1, and since then I´ve been having a lot of problems, but most noticeable is that, during hekate's HW and Fuse tab, the part that indicates burnt fuses, it reads the following: Burnt Fuses (ODM 7/6): 16 - 0 (HOS 13-2-1 14-1-2) even though I was on 15.0.1!. I tried deactivating AutoRCM to boot Switch normally, but was presented with Orange Screen instead. Afterwards, I got back into Hekate, and checked HW and Fuse tab again, now it reads Burnt Fuses (ODM 7/6): 17 - 0 (HOS: 15.0.0+). Thought it was normal now, but now it won´t let me load CFW Sysnand (couldn´t get into Emunand since my console had a faulty micro sd slot from mobo end, which was fixed last week!) .
Before OSOD but after updating to 15.0.1, I got the following errors

View attachment 343791
Another error regarding wifi not enabled or something, then got sent to an error page like first image.
This was the info I got after I updated to fw 15.0.1

View attachment 343792
And this error after injecting latest Hekate payload 6.0.0
View attachment 343794
Seriously I am freaking out haha. First time this happens when updating through Daybreak. As side information, I recently sent my console for repairs (faulty micro sd slot from mobo end and faulty dock mode).
Btw, I deleted all folders from content folder within Atmosphere´s.

Thanks and have a great day!!

What is the full code on the third photo ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK great!
Post automatically merged:

Sorry one more question. How do i check if am using fusee.bin ?
It will be listed in your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini

E: if you put it in place but aren’t using it…it will do, well, nothing. And you will have completely WASTED 30 seconds of your life (so just go ahead and pull it down and put it in /bootloader/payloads/ ). ;-)

Reactions: DonAndy321

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, today i wanted to download ff7 crisis core using awoo installer but this happened. Does anyone know what does it mean? Thanks in advance

Most likely a bad download. Try to find a different source?

Also make sure you are using latest Sigpatches here.

Are you booting fusee.bin? Please post the contents of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello,

So i swapped some OG drifters for squeaky amazon joysticks and then for gulikit elvish set and when calibrating them i need to w8 some time before these quackers start to respond, one of them or sometimes both of them, besides that i think they are working fine should i be worried about it :D?

Last edited by Lamcza,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Alright @Silver