Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I recently jailbroke my Nintendo switch. I Was just about to load more files on my sd card and I accidentally dragged some other important filles out. I just dragged them in again but now I can't inject the payload anymore. My switch is completely off and I don't know how I can turn it on again.
I am worried that my switch is broken now because I am not able to turn it on.

You can use a payload dongle or a computer to inject payload, if it is not in autoRCM mode you would need a jig.

ghxst

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can use a payload dongle or a computer to inject payload, if it is not in autoRCM mode you would need a jig.
I already tried to inject payload with a computer and with an jig because it is in autoRCM mode, but I will try it again with a payload dongle.
Thank you.

Lunaire

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
What would be the safest, least time consuming way to keep save data backups for my Switch games?

Context, skip if you dont mind:
Long story short, Im using two sd cards and for some reason, when I switched to the secondary sd loaded my emuNAND through Hekate I kept getting this yellow screen. I thought I had bricked my Switch so I switched back to my primary and it loaded just fine, and I could play with no issues. Then I formatted the secondary sd card that was loading into a yellow screen, and installed everything back and it loaded the CFW just fine.

The thing is, im guessing here, my savedata was saved in the emuNAND and not in the sysNAND, and therefore its gone now that I formatted that particular sd.

So I want to periodically (hopefully every game session) create a save back up, just in case this happens again and I have to format the whole sd card and install everything back.

Thanks!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would be the safest, least time consuming way to keep save data backups for my Switch games?

Context, skip if you dont mind:
Long story short, Im using two sd cards and for some reason, when I switched to the secondary sd loaded my emuNAND through Hekate I kept getting this yellow screen. I thought I had bricked my Switch so I switched back to my primary and it loaded just fine, and I could play with no issues. Then I formatted the secondary sd card that was loading into a yellow screen, and installed everything back and it loaded the CFW just fine.

The thing is, im guessing here, my savedata was saved in the emuNAND and not in the sysNAND, and therefore its gone now that I formatted that particular sd.

So I want to periodically (hopefully every game session) create a save back up, just in case this happens again and I have to format the whole sd card and install everything back.

Thanks!
You want JKSV.

JKSV can backup you emunand game saves and put them, not only on your SDCard BUT, you can also set it up to store saves in Google cloud.

Here’s the thread where we figured out how to put it all together (you need a special version of JKSV)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/moving-saves-between-2-consoles.622608/post-10013873

If you don’t want to do super convenient cloud saves and just want to backup to your SDCard you should use the public release of JKSV here:

https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Lunaire

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried to inject payload with a computer and with an jig because it is in autoRCM mode, but I will try it again with a payload dongle.
Thank you.
I always prefer to use my smartphone, you need the OTG cable and then a USB-A to USB-C (USB-C to USB-C maybe works too but I don't have any to test).

In the smartphone I use SX Tools APK, but there's other non SX but even for atmosphere or whatever SX Tools works fine.

I don't even need to have the app running or unlock the android lock screen, if it detects the console is in RCM it automatically sends the payload as soon as you press the power button on the phone just to turn on it's screen, super fast and goes with you everywhere.

ps: But some funky phones sadly don't work though for now I only had one phone that didn't work all my current phones work fine gladly...

View attachment 342385

It launches!

View attachment 342386

I’m going to call it good!...........................................
I'm not being able to run SX Save Manager on atmosphere emunand, installing the "SX-Save_Manager_v1.2.nsp" with Tinfoil just keep throwing errors and with the Awoo installer it installs fine but SX Save Manager opens and just stays black

Which version do you have of SX Save Manager?

Thank You!

Last edited by guily6669,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not being able to run SX Save Manager on atmosphere emunand, installing the "SX-Save_Manager_v1.2.nsp" with Tinfoil just keep throwing errors and with the Awoo installer it installs fine but SX Save Manager opens and just stays black

Which version do you have of SX Save Manager?

Thank You!

I’m using SXSM 1.3 (bottom right, just above the apps shows version in my hbmenu)

image.jpg

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... already downloaded that one and worksB-), but it's a crap it seems to only load saves for apps that I have installed...

I have 3x mSD and therefore 3x SX OS emunands and wanted a app to backup the saves from all of them since each have different games and put them all together in my only 1x mSD that has atmosphere emunand without having any of the games installed.

It seems like whether it's checkpoint, tinfoil, SX Save manager, and probably JKSV they all need to have the games installed for the saves to load up?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... already downloaded that one and worksB-), but it's a crap it seems to only load saves for apps that I have installed...

I have 3x mSD and therefore 3x SX OS emunands and wanted a app to backup the saves from all of them since each have different games and put them all together in my only 1x mSD that has atmosphere emunand without having any of the games installed.

It seems like whether it's checkpoint, tinfoil, SX Save manager, and probably JKSV they all need to have the games installed for the saves to load up?
Correct, they all work pretty much the same way. For JKSV you backup the saves of the games you are playing and it will create zip files in the JKSV folder that you can gather together and move to another card. Once the game is installed on that new card you can recover it’s specific game save backup file. You don’t need the game installed to have the game saves stored on the new card. You could also use the Google Cloud save option of JKSV or SX Save Manager to collect all you saves in the cloud for later use.
Post automatically merged:

I just updated my CFW on my emuNAND and was asking if it's safe to update the sysNAND's OFW through Nintendo's servers. The sysNAND is clean.
Yes, As long as your Sysnand is clean it is preferred to upgrade your Sysnand via official Ninty servers. That’s precisely how I upgrade my Sysnand.

Reactions: guily6669

Ghostplane64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct, they all work pretty much the same way. For JKSV you backup the saves of the games you are playing and it will create zip files in the JKSV folder that you can gather together and move to another card. Once the game is installed on that new card you can recover it’s specific game save backup file. You don’t need the game installed to have the game saves stored on the new card. You could also use the Google Cloud save option of JKSV or SX Save Manager to collect all you saves in the cloud for later use.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, As long as your Sysnand is clean it is preferred to upgrade your Sysnand via official Ninty servers. That’s precisely how I upgrade my Sysnand.
Ok, thank you. So is this done only in OFW settings or can it also be done in CFW settings?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That SUCKS :(

I mean I don't even ever remember which games I have and in which mSD cause I barely used them and was cool to just grab all the saves from all emunands and load all of them on the atmosphere OS cause at least later I could go into settings and see what games I played if I had all the saves listed and then from there keep deciding which to download at some point...

I mean I know I can get all the saves in my 256GB mSD atmosphere but then I don't have a clue what games would they even be as it's just random save files inside a folder :D

I do the same on my PS4 Pro, when I don't know what to play, I just go into the system saves, go trough the list and decide which game I want to play to then start downloading it cause I only have 1 TB SSD in it and don't want to use external HDD so space is always limited, but having all the saves EVER listed in the console is a must have cause it's like going into my steam list of games to install:rofl2: B-)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That SUCKS :(

I mean I don't even ever remember which games I have and in which mSD cause I barely used them and was cool to just grab all the saves from all emunands and load all of them on the atmosphere OS cause at least later I could go into settings and see what games I played if I had all the saves listed and then from there keep deciding which to download at some point...

I mean I know I can get all the saves in my 256GB mSD atmosphere but then I don't have a clue what games would they even be as it's just random save files inside a folder :D

I do the same on my PS4 Pro, when I don't know what to play, I just go into the system saves, go trough the list and decide which game I want to play to then start downloading it cause I only have 1 TB SSD in it and don't want to use external HDD so space is always limited, but having all the saves EVER listed in the console is a must have cause it's like going into my steam list of games to install:rofl2: B-)
Use the cloud save version. It will list all the games saved from each of the sd cards. You can view the titleIDs you’ve saved with a simple web browser. TitleIDs can be looked up here:
https://titledblookup.stackblitz.io/

Reactions: guily6669

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will probably be very similar to local saves, I mean they also have the title ID at least using like SX Save Manager, but it's nothing like going into the switch atmosphere OS storage settings and seeing all the saves there with their nice icons and all that crap :D

I never connected my Switch to wifi and can't say I care much, for installing games or moving data I have a USB-C OTG cable and can install games from a USB pen drive or even other mSD directly cause I have a nice USB 3.0 card reader that has USB-C + USB-A which doesn't even need OTG as it goes straight into Switch USB-C port...

ps: Maybe when I get a 512GB mSD it won't be a problem cause it probably easily fit all games I care which aren't much anyway, sadly I didn't ordered yesterday cause Samsung Evo Select 512GB the new A2 blue was like 56€ with free shipping on Amazon and today it's above 80€ + shipping :whip:

EDIT:
Well I made a workaround... I have now backed up all saves from 3 different SX OS Emunands, took a screenshot from tinfoil installed games on each that shows the game icons, put them all in one folder on my atmosphere emunand and thrown the screenshots in the album so I go to the album and at least can see the games I have the saves for :D

It's crappy but will work:grog:

Desperatius

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and later import your backed up save files.
Hey again,

so sadly nothing did the trick and I created a new emuNAND from OFW and (luckily?) all the users on my old emuNAND were already created there.
So my hope was that I could just copy the save folder from my old emuNAND to the new emuNAND and it would magically work but sadly it didn't do the trick.

Do I really have to go into a game with every user and create a save file, then open it with an editor and replace my old save files there?
That's soo much work >.>

Or maybe I have to copy paste all those folders of my old emuNAND to the new one?
1670864547715.png

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again,

so sadly nothing did the trick and I created a new emuNAND from OFW and (luckily?) all the users on my old emuNAND were already created there.
So my hope was that I could just copy the save folder from my old emuNAND to the new emuNAND and it would magically work but sadly it didn't do the trick.

Do I really have to go into a game with every user and create a save file, then open it with an editor and replace my old save files there?
That's soo much work >.>

Or maybe I have to copy paste all those folders of my old emuNAND to the new one?
View attachment 342606
To create a new game save file structure on your Switch, open JKSV and while hovering over the user profile, tap (X) and you should be presented with an option to create all. This will create a save folder structure for all installed games.

I hope that helps!

P.S. These are just the ways that I know work. You’re more than welcome to experiment with other techniques of course. You may find out something new!

Last edited by binkinator,

dariosq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: SylverReZ

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a HWFLY v4.1 from Aliexpress, when it arrives i'll take it to someone that will install it on my switch V2. I would like to know if hwfly comes with only one modchip or more, because I saw on videos a V1 and a V2 modchip, so i'm kinda confused about that.
I bought the hwfly on this link:
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.11.2c95caa42lDnYs&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra

You might have a slight issue with the fit. According to the description in the link you provided…

“Hwfly OLED 4th Generation V4 Chip Support OLED Console”​

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D