SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. SMVB64

SMVB64 Now your playing with power! Super power!

Feb 13, 2013
    Canada
    Hello guys. Just got my emunand working for Atmosphere but I am on version 3.00. what is the best way to update emunand to a later firmware
    Thanks,
    Sm

2. Gamese

Gamese Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    United States
    If possible, can someone explain to me how can I get rid of the message "a system update is required in order to use this software" ?
    I simply installed an nsp update in one of my nsp games.

3. Ketama

Ketama Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have found an unpatched unit by searching the serial at a pawn shop - is there anything else i need to check before i purchase to ensure i have a hackable unit?

4. vree

vree GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Either your firmware is way too low. Or you didn't install that update NSP file with firmware spoofing.

5. Gamese

Gamese Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    United States
    I am on 8.1 so I think my firmware is fine. But good point, I'll try that as well

6. Ketama

Ketama Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Can someone help please?

7. pgrifen

pgrifen Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi, total noob to switch hacks tho done plenty of others in the past.
    Just starting things and following a youtube guide ive found. Got homebrew software needed from github but need help before i start because im getting a couple of errors to do with the firmware.
    I have set my wifi dns to 163.172.141.219 and 045.172.046.062 as instructed but when i test to see if it will try to update cartridge game i get error code 2016-1100 sayng i need to do a system update to download data and also when i insert a microsd card in it will not register it available until i do a system update. I am on firmware 7.0.0 and i have just got the switch to hack for emu etc so system was completely blanked before I got it today. I have checked already that it was one that can be hacked before buying.
    I dont want to go any further with the install before checking things first.
    Any help and info greatly appreciated. Cheers.

8. WintendoZone

WintendoZone Oki Doki Guy

Oct 11, 2017
    United States
    What kinds of emulators can the Switch run? Could it run DS games?

I personally don't follow the Switch scene too much, but I wouldn't recommend following YouTube guides (as most of them usually become outdated or obsolete, for example, a method on installing custom themes could change, like Themely -> Anemone was for the 3DS)

Last edited by WintendoZone, Oct 23, 2019
  9. pgrifen

pgrifen Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    As far as I have seen it can run retroarch well so it should emulate DS. But at the moment my switch is not allowing use of the sd without updating firmware which i do not want to do. I need to know if there is a way round it or if i have to bite the bullet and wait till the scene catches up to the latest firmware

WintendoZone likes this.
  10. WintendoZone

WintendoZone Oki Doki Guy

Oct 11, 2017
    United States
    AFAIK, If the console is unpatched, it's safe to update. Only patched consoles right now can't access homebrew.

11. Ratatattat

Ratatattat GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    Previously asked this and search give me no relief. OSW 4.1. Created partition emunand and updated to 8.1. Now when launching .xci vi SXOS launcher I get "Insert the Game Card" and on same game sometimes "A New Update is Available it will be down loaded now". Options Start/Download/Cancel.
    My cartridge slot should be the same as original at 4.1 since I used ChoiDujourNX. This happens with all games. Any Ideas?

12. Zlalq

Zlalq Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2019
    Canada
    Hello,
    I was wondering if I can get some advice on how to proceed I have ready many tutorials but am overwhelmed/confused with all the information as not all the information is up to date.

I have
    -1 Nintendo switch firmware 5.1.0 clean
    -1 XS OS Pro
    -1 32gb sdcard fat32
    -1 256gb sdcard exfat

From what I have read.

After activating license

I should.
    1. Dump Nand (i will be using the 32gb card) ---> back this up somewhere safe.
    2. Create emunand (the emunand will be version 5.1.0 i assume)
    3. Update sysnand from 5.1.0 to 9.1.0 (i will be using the 256gb sd card as well as it requires an update for usage)
    4. Use choiDuJourNX latest version to update Emunand to 9.1.0

is that the correct sequence or

can i update Sysnand directly to 9.1 then create emunand?

13. Ssseth

Ssseth GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2008
    Canada
    I am running 8.1 on my switch and had previously been using ReinX and decided to switch over to Atmosphere. I've copied over all the latest files to my SD and removed the ReinX ones (at least I think I have). Now when I go to launch games I get an error "Unable to start software. Return to HOME Menu and try again." I also updated to the latest tinfoil and when I try and launch it from hbmenu I get and error "Not enough memory to run. Run using a forwarder or title override for high memory mode."

Any help is appreciated!

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX

If you can try sending a payload, that 100% confirms it is an unpatched unit. Otherwise, you can try to check if its banned or not by trying to access the eShop.

SMVB64 likes this.
  15. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    So I've been sitting on my unpatched switch for awhile, It's currently on 6.1 ofw... Since its above 4.1 should I just update it to the latest and hack it from there? Or should I keep the sysnand down incase a exploit comes out for a warm boot? Also I should keep it always offline so as to not get banned right? Or would using an emunand allow to use an unhacked sysnand online? Been out of hacking nintendo consoles for awhile and I know that the big N is ban happy.

16. Ketama

Ketama Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, as it is in a pawn shop I am unable to send a payload. As far as i know it is unbanned, should i purchase it based on this?

17. MisterMue

MisterMue Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2013
    Germany
    try or die

18. ScottSchods

ScottSchods Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2019
    Australia
    I have a quick question. I need to update DOOM on my switch, but I am unable to download the ~7GB update. My friend has a pirated version of DOOM, along with the update. The switch's update sharing would allow me to gain this update, but I am worried that the pirated update would lead me to being banned. Does anyone know if this could get me banned, or any other problems this might bring me?

19. MisterMue

MisterMue Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2013
    Germany
    i don’t think that pirated games infect other consoles. Only when the update is a kind of Virus

20. ScottSchods

ScottSchods Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2019
    Australia
    I was wondering if the fake keys generated for the NSP carried over, and if that would even cause an issue. I'm probably just overreacting and just wrong in general though.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted