SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Waster

Waster Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2018
    Sweden
    Is there any way to turn off the message that there is an update for the game before starting it? It's really annoying.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    6.1 can still get access to the same warmboot exploit on 4.1 and below; its just that it will take some time for it to come out. You can also just update your firmware without burning fuses allowing you to be on the latest firmware while also giving you the chance to downgrade back to 6.1 once the warmboot exploit comes out. Keeping it offline is the same as being banned. And emuMMC or not, having a clean sysMMC is the only way to avoid getting banned.

In my opinion, buying a console that is not patched is better than buying a console that is not banned. You can do a lot more with CFW & homebrew than you can with online play and the eShop.

You can try using DevMenu to reset the required firmware version but it cannot be linked or shared here as its a copyrighted Nintendo application.

3. Ratatattat

Ratatattat GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    Using SXOS emunand I can run an .xci. However if I try to run another .xci, after "closing (x)" the old xci, I get "Insert the Game Card". I have to restart the Switch to avoid "Insert the Game Card". Is there not a way to eject an xci with out having to restart the Switch?

4. Waster

Waster Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2018
    Sweden
    I have the latest firmware, it's the game patch it bugs me about.

5. pgrifen

pgrifen Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I have seen up to firmware 9 works at the moment but i am unsure if the very latest one will. But cheers anyway.

WintendoZone likes this.
  6. Agent Moose

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    How do I go about backing up my emuMMC via OXS? I see tutorials and things like that for windows, but nothing for mac.

7. WintendoZone

WintendoZone Oki Doki Guy

Oct 11, 2017
    United States
    I think the reason that the method still works is because it's a bug in the hardware, not the software. So in theory it will be impossible to fix it through an update.

Last edited by WintendoZone, Oct 25, 2019
  8. roster997

roster997 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2019
    Greece
    I am on Atmosphere using emuMMC, RCM.
    Can I update my emuMMC without ChoidujourNX, e.g. by downloading and extracting firmware update from clean sysNAND and apply it to emuMMC?
    I don’t care about burned fuses.

Main goal: using most recent firmware on emuMMC without the use of pirated firmware update files, but without losing all my installed data (savegames, user data, installed titles).
    Updating sysNAND and creating a new emuMMC would also be okay for me as long as I somehow can preserve/backup/restore my custom data

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry for posting multiple times, mistakenly used refresh button of browser.

Last edited by roster997, Oct 25, 2019
  9. SMVB64

SMVB64 Now your playing with power! Super power!

Feb 13, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks man, on 8.1.0 now

Draxzelex likes this.
  10. bodefuceta

bodefuceta GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    Brazil
    If I click the "archive software" button on the switch data management menu, can I recover my save data later? Can I just use checkpoint or would I need to install the game before doing that?

11. Ketama

Ketama Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Currently on 9.0.1 with an unpatched switch. What guide would you recommend i use to get CFW as there are so many guides out there?

12. willy101

willy101 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    Green Joy-Con D-Pad Shells for Nintendo Switch
    hmm for some reason i cant see the 32gb android partition in minitool. Is there a tool that works in windows?

im trying to tri boot sysnand, emummc and Android so I was gonna partition the SD and then restore my emummc from an ODIN backup. Any ideas why it won’t show on windows?

13. Splitframe

Splitframe Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Germany
    Just a quick question.
    I have an old backup from 6.x that I want to restore my switch to.
    I'll just restore Boot0/Boot1 and after that the raw nand backup then boot with RCM and do a normal
    Switch system update to the latest Firmware, am I right?

Thanks.

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I believe it only archives the installed content, not the save data.

https://switch.homebrew.guide/

If your intention is to irreversibly burn fuses by updating normally, then yes.

15. Splitframe

Splitframe Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Germany
    Thank you for your answer.
    I already was on FW 8.x and I don't plan on hacking again in the near future I just want the switch back to normal.
    Do you have a quick suggestion what the smartest way to update would be?
    I am back on my 6.x version after restoring Boot0/1 and the rawnand, but I can't seem to boot
    into the switch OS to do the update (because my fuse count is already higher than what it expects).
    Is there some payload that just boots into normal OS ignoring the fuse count without adding anything?

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There is Stock mode with Hekate. There is also Stock mode with SX OS.

17. Splitframe

Splitframe Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Germany
    Hm, it doesn't seem to boot.
    Booting to CFW just says failed to run 'firmware'
    and booting stock just freezes the switch.

Do I need to do something with HacDiskMount for System/User/Safe stuff?

Edit: Out of curiosity I injected ReiNX and it booted. I then updated via cartridge to 8.0.1 and everything seems to be A-OK.

Last edited by Splitframe, Oct 25, 2019
    Draxzelex likes this.
  18. dracosson

dracosson Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    So I just got in my RCM Jig and have a few questions.
    • Should I update my firmware to the current before I start? I am on 8.01 I think ?
    • I know next step is to do a full dump back up. If say the new pokemon requires a newer fw do you flash the back up, update , then rehack? Or can you do it via pc easily once the homebrew scene makes sure its ok to update. I remember something about burnt fuses and doing updates is bad or something ?
    • Is there any good video tutorials ? I found a guy named moddedwarfare on youtube but wanted to make sure he was a possible good one to follow.
    I will appreciate any answers just nervous not looked into the switch scene as much yet so trying find out what I can for now.

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    • You do not have to unless you really want to link a Nintendo Account
    • CFW already supports the latest firmware. Even if a new firmware comes out, Pokemon Sword and Shield will not require that firmware meaning the highest firmware it will require is 9.X
    • Never follow any video tutorials. They are outdated the moment they are published, not endorsed by any developers, and made by people who do not have a lot of knowledge of the hacking scene. Always follow text-based guides such as this one or this one

dracosson likes this.
  20. ThatOneBan

ThatOneBan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 27, 2017
    United States
    I factory reset my cfw switch. and im moving from a 128gb sd to a 400gb sd can I move my saves/games from emunand to the new switch via drag and dropping. After I partition the new card for emunand or are they just lost

21. campbell0505

campbell0505 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2019
    Australia
    Does backing up my NAND require me to use my micro sd that has my games on it? I use LineageOS, no other hacked things, but I think it's better to be safe than sorry by backing up my NAND. I just brought a new SANDISK 64gb U3 A2 to replace my old U1 micro sd for Lineage so I'm doing a Nand backup with the new micro sd, but that has no games on it, so do I need to do it with my primary micro SD?

22. NinjaMario

NinjaMario Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2019
    United States
    I'm new to this place so please understand that. I'm currently on firmware 9.0.0 atmosphere 9.0.4 and I have all sigpatches on my sd. Whenever I try to play my installed nsp of ori and the blind forest it says "the software was closed because an error occurred." All my other nsp's work fine so I don't think it's an sd card problem and I've tried to delete and reinstall, I deleted the save, I downgraded to 8.1 and tried to reinstall it then I upgraded back to 9.0.0. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance

Last edited by NinjaMario, Oct 26, 2019
  23. Metothic

Metothic Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    Venezuela
    Hello. I tested my clean NAND backup with HacDiskMount and it's corrupted due to using a fake SD. Since I've already used Atmosphere on my Switch and ran NSPs, what is the best way to get rid of the CFW traces, so maybe I can risk playing online? I know there is no precise way to be safe and I most likely will get banned, I just want to try and hope for the best.

24. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    Question regarding atmos emunand

Do sysnand and emunand share the sd card?
    Or do I have to /should setup another sd card just for the sysnand?
    I want go online with my clean sysnand and keep the emunand offline.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted