1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Nintendo does not scan the SD card. CFW & homebrew leave traces in your console that can potentially ban you.

2. tehoivun

tehoivun Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can I make the unformatted part of the emummc any size? or does there have to a minimum size?

3. Roman Richter

Roman Richter Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    So I don't get Idea behind emunand, and have question, is this right that when I select Stock no-gc in hekate I still get booted in Atmos but in sysnand? It seems one way to have clean sysnand is turn off autorcm to boot proper stock, or i'm doing something wrong?

TL;DR: When I boot Stock it says: 9.0.1|AMS 0.9.4|S instead of just 9.0.1

Last edited by Roman Richter, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Qwerty5555

Qwerty5555 Member
    Newcomer

Afghanistan
    Perhaps a weird question but here goes:

I have a lot of games that are archived due to limited space, but i still like to sort their icons in a specific way.. Is there any tool that allows me to do that at all?

5. phazer

phazer GBAtemp Regular

Antigua and Barbuda
    What I´ve done:
    -Copied recent ReinNX to the sd card
    -Copied recent ChoiDujourNX to the sd card
    -Extracted OFW 8.1.0 and copied to sd card
    -Powered off Switch
    -Powered on Switch and injected ReiNX 2.4 payload
    -Entered homebrew, launched ChoiDujourNX and installed OFW successfully -> Rebooted Switch
    -Inject ReiNX 2.4 payload

Successfully updated to 8.1.0 :)

thanks for the great support here!

Last edited by phazer, Oct 12, 2019
  6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Any size

Something is wrong with your Stock configuration as it should not display the Atmosphere version string.

While there is no homebrew application that can sort icons, Nintendo does allow you to sort icons via predetermined categories.

Is your SD card FAT32?

7. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

@blawar can sx os also launch your xciz format?

8. abicio

abicio Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi guys hoping for guidance before I rebuild my SD entirely. I installed a game update via GoldTree, but it crashed. AMS tried to reboot but tripped an error: " \[NXBOOT\] Failed to mount EmuMMC from SD card partition!" AMS wouldn’t load. Using Hekate, I restored the emuMMC partition and AMS loads. However, all of my installed titles are gone from the home screen. They're still on the SD in the emuMMC Nintendo folder but missing from the home screen. Card is formatted to fat32. Thank you!!

9. Agusum

Agusum Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Thanks for the detailed response @Draxzelex! If I use the last method that you mentioned, does it requires me to always stay in CFW or then if I launch OFW like usual after finishing the update, the fuse will stay unburnt?

Is there any benefit of not burning fuses apart from being able to restore a NAND backup?

Last edited by Agusum, Oct 12, 2019
  10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    SX OS doesn't even offer native .nsz support, only SX Installer has support (besides DZ). It has to be added in its own update.

I mean if the games were installed after you made the partition, then you have to reinstall them anyways. The tickets were probably wiped when you restored the partition.

In order to prevent fuses from being burnt with any method, you have to always boot into CFW unless you never turn off your console. And if you plan to never turn off your console but not enable AutoRCM, you will have to make sure you never run out of battery otherwise you will risk burning fuses.

Fuses do not prevent your from restoring NAND dumps. Fuses prevent you from loading certain firmware versions without booting through RCM first (since all custom bootloaders bypass the fuse check by default). Not burning fuses allows you to make use of any potential exploits on specific firmwares such as Deja Vu. I should also mention that burning fuses carries no benefits aside from not having to rely on AutoRCM but AutoRCM is so useful that this is a moot point.

11. BernardoOne

BernardoOne Member
    Newcomer

i'm a few versions behind in atmosphere and the firmware itself. what's the correct procedure for updating both?

12. sandog

sandog Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can a patched unit on 4.1.0 run homebrew/CFW yet?

13. Sein

Sein Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    After trying to go into Edizon I experienced an Atmosphere crash that then booted into a fatal error with the error code std::abort() called (0xffe). Is this remediable or is my switch kaput?

14. Roman Richter

Roman Richter Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    @Draxzelex oh, thanks!
    So I bassicaly just told N that I'm hacked my switch =/

15. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    1) Update atmosphere on your micro sd card (put the latest atmosphere release on your sd card).
    2) Download the firmware files from google and put in a „firmware“ folder on the root of your sd card.
    3) Make NAND or save save backups.
    4) Update with ChoiDujourNX to the new firmware.
    Yes. With Caffeine.

16. Shadow_Boss

Shadow_Boss Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi thanks for FAQ,

I wasn't able to find an answer to a couple questions I have.

After modding, can I still buy my games from Nintendo e shop? Or do I have to buy cartridges?

Because DLC expansions are my main concern. I want to get expansions for botw2 or other games, how will I if I'm unable to access e shop?

All I want the mod for is Edison tbh lol but I did notice some cool Homebrew apps.

Thanks

17. Zaxxx

Zaxxx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey Guys
    Could you tell me which folders i need to transfer to new cfw on new micro sd card to have all games from previous one?

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You can but you risk a ban whenever you connect a hacked console to Nintendo's servers.

The Nintendo folder.

Zaxxx and Shadow_Boss like this.
  19. Shadow_Boss

Shadow_Boss Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Ah good point. I guess I would have to NAND restore to buy the expansions, and then remod...i guess the mod scene isnt for me then. Unfortunately

20. Domino101

Domino101 GBAtemp Regular

What are my chances of being banned using CFW online ?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH