SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Waster

Waster Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2018
    Sweden
    Is Goldleaf always installing NSP files so slowly? Transferring files between my computer and the sd card is 75-80 MB/s and Goldleaf installs with 27 MB/s

2. onlyamint

onlyamint Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2019
    United States
    How do you get sigpatches to work with EmuMMC, I tried to use both Kosmos and Atmosphere separately, neither worke d when trying to install a Links Awakening NSP, always was a white square when I went back to the home menu.

EDIT: To clarify, I tried this with 3 seperate NSP's from different sources, also with Tinfoil and Goldleaf

Last edited by onlyamint, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Qwerty5555

Qwerty5555 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2019
    Afghanistan
    I got tinfoil/hbg thingie but now my keybind to enter homebrew menu isnt working, i now enter it without holding R.? How can i change it back to the original button?

4. thetgaer

thetgaer Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2013
    Canada
    I'm having issues with starting any game. After using tinfoil to install (switch fmw: 9.0, ams:0.9.4 )I always get the message checking if game can play, and then "unable to connect to the internet, please check your settings". Everywhere I've looked I've seen that its supposed to be related to either the sig patches or the prod keys, however I've updated both and am still getting the same. Any ideas?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm having issues with starting any game. After using tinfoil to install on nand (switch fmw: 9.0, ams:0.9.4 )I always get the message checking if game can play, and then "unable to connect to the internet, please check your settings". Everywhere I've looked I've seen that its supposed to be related to either the sig patches or the prod keys, however I've updated both and am still getting the same. Any ideas?

5. thetgaer

thetgaer Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2013
    Canada
    I reinstalled them onto the sdcard rather than nand, and it works perfectly now

6. kruptah

kruptah Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    Canada
    Hey, have Witcher 3 nsp.

Goldleaf says my console memory is too low.

How do I update this correctly?

Nevermind.

Just updated gold leaf

7. n00b2015

n00b2015 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2015
    Slovenia
    hello, I have 6.02 firmware on Switch. Whats the best solution? Softmod or modchip? thanx

8. elninono

elninono Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2019
    France
    Hi there,
    I have a few questions concerning emuMMC.
    My switch was upgraded to 9.0.1
    I just received a 512 Go sd (Lexar preordered at 56€ on amazon.fr, and it is working great).
    So I made 2 partitions on this sd, one exfat for cfw and contents, and one fat32 at the end for emuMMC.
    I used kde partition manager for this, and for the fat32 I put a size of around 30Go. I then saw some tutorials saying to let a size for the emuMMC partition of 28872 MB, some others of 29856 MiB, or 29663, or another 29828... So what is the minimal size for emuMMC partition ?
    I had to format this partition to fat32 because Hekate didn't find this space otherwise. Once formatted I could use Hekate to do the emuMMC (around 20 min) But when I am viewing the SD on my computer, the emuMMC partition is empty ! It's kind of strange because I can boot in emuMMC and it works well (dark theme) while in sysNAND it's independant (no game at all and light theme)... Is this normal ?

Also something people could find useful, my sysNAND backup (and my emuMMC) were created in a reinitialized state, so my sdcard is only working on the emuMMC because of the different encrypted keys I guess. So if I boot the switch in OFW with my sdcard in it , it says it must be removed or formatted because it belongs to another switch or was done before reinitialization, which can prevent you from ban if N is scanning sdcard content to see if it contains illegal stuffs...

I also can't launch MK8 gamecard on CFW, and it seems I have to set autonogc=0 in hekate_ipl.ini, am I right or it's another problem ?

Thanks for taking the time to answer :)

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yes, it is well known that Goldleaf is one of the slower ways to install .NSP files unfortunately.

Delete HBGshop

Well that's personally up to you. A modchip can give you the feeling of an untethered coldboot but it requires more setup and money. Not using the modchip is an easier and cheaper route but it requires you to send the payload with a dongle, phone, or computer.

10. xkolbas

xkolbas Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2008
    Russia
    Saint-Petersburg
    Hi, i have a problem with battery indicator. Console show notification "battery empty" and go to sleep, indicator shows 40%. I don`t use linux on switch. hekate battery info shows.
    Fuel Gauge IC Info:
    Capacity full: 8907 mAh - it`s wrong number
    Capacity (design): 4667 mAh

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attached Files:

11. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Open it up and unplug the battery and plug it back in.

xkolbas likes this.
  12. eliasrs

eliasrs Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2019
    Norway
    Got Hekate running, thanks a lot everybody for all the help!! :D

Will "Backup eMMC BOOT 0 & BOOT 1" + "Backup eMMC RAW GPP" count as a full backup? I.e. full nand + game saves? Or should I run another backup?

Thanks! <3

Last edited by eliasrs, Oct 17, 2019
  13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    BOOT0/BOOT1 and eMMC raw GPP is a full backup.

eliasrs likes this.
  14. eliasrs

eliasrs Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2019
    Norway
  15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City

16. n00b2015

n00b2015 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2015
    Slovenia
    RCM OK, RCM device detected, when I inject fusse-test.bin TegraRCMGUI freezes??

Driver has been installed

17. falcorr

falcorr Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2019
    Australia
    I updated from 8.1.0 to 9.0.1 with ChoiDujourNX and after reboot Atmosphere is stopping with error 2003-0008 after the Switch logo. What's going on?

18. addos

addos Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2019
    Poland
    Hi guys! I have question, is it possible to install custom rom on my ns which is patched?(I think so, because I've checked on ismyswitchpatched site, I've XAJ700558...)
    Why is ns so hard to install some custom software not like android smartphones?

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Try using TegraRCMSmash instead.
    If your console is patched, you can only boot CFW if your firmware is 4.1 or lower. If your firmware is between 5.0 and 7.0.1, you may be able to load CFW in the future but there is no specific date. If the firmware is 8.0 or higher, there is a good chance you may never run CFW.

As for your other question, you're comparing apples to oranges.

addos likes this.
  20. Yaks19

Yaks19 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I need to have a linked account on atmosphere eMMC to use the SNES nsp, because I didn't connect with ofw to a linked account (not sure if the console is banned).

Can I go back to ofw (remove SD card), login to nintendo, disable WiFi and then boot into cfw? Will I have to recreate emmc?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted