SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can only safely connect to Nintendo's servers with a clean NAND aka one that has never run CFW or homebrew. If you do not have one, then you risk getting banned by Nintendo when you go online even if you remove the SD card. And you would only have to recreate the eMMC if you setup a linked Nintendo Account on your sysMMC.

2. Yaks19

Yaks19 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Ok thanks, I have booted into sysnand and have managed to update my controllers. However it is not letting me set up a linked account unless I update fw. I'm currently on 8.0.1

Shall I update, hope for the best and link an account then disconnect internet? Then re-create emunand?

Is there another way to get SNES nsp working without a linked account?

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can use Kefir Updater to link a fake Nintendo Account but it will mess up all of your save data so backup your saves if you plan to use Kefir.

4. Yaks19

Yaks19 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Ok thanks, I'll give kefir updater a go.

So I will use checkpoint to backup saves, then kefir updater, then restore the saves?

Thanks

5. n00b2015

n00b2015 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2015
    Slovenia
    Ok. I updated with ChoiDujourNX to 9.1 and I’m in constant auto RCM mode and in hekate can’t launch CFW. It keeps bringing me back to hekate? Any suggestions?

6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Launch fusee-primary if you are using Atmosphere.

7. n00b2015

n00b2015 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2015
    Slovenia
    Ok thanx

8. Crajed87

Crajed87 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi I hacked my switch and all was fine. I got myself a bigger memory card and went about re adding atmosphere etc from scratch. When I get to backup emmc raw gpp I get an error. Saying that sd and emmc do not match? I'm a bit stuck as to what to do. Thanks in advance

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hi getting this error when backing up emmc raw gpp. This switch was previously hacked and I bought a bigger sd card. Went about everything from scratch in the set up and I keep failing here??? Any help thanks in advance

Attached Files:

9. n00b2015

n00b2015 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2015
    Slovenia
    nothing happens. Screen got a little bit brighter, but nothing happens.

10. jucaa

jucaa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2012
    United States
    I have both my sysnand and emummc on 8.1.
    Can i update only my sysnand and keep my emummc on 8.1?

I just have to boot sysnand and do a system update right?

11. xkolbas

xkolbas Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2008
    Russia
    Saint-Petersburg
    Thank you! I did it and today console go to sleep at 1%. Let's see what will happen next.

12. Qwerty5555

Qwerty5555 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2019
    Afghanistan
    Is there any way to change some of the game icons to their japanese version without changing the switch language?

13. wildgoose

wildgoose Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2019
    United States
    Newbie to switch hacking here. Just bought an unpatched switch on firmware 8.0.1. (I have another patched switch that I will be using for online games, etc. This unpatched one I want to use with homebrew stuff and don’t really care about online games (other than to verify that it isn’t banned to begin with, and download my eShop games that don’t require network to play).

I want to hack it and verify it isn’t banned by Nintendo network. I am thinking about just upgrade to 9.0.1, connect to my Nintendo account and download the games I purchased. Then do the hack with 9.0.1. (I understand a fuse will be blown when I upgrade to 9.0.1, but I understand this is only a problem if I ever want to downgrade. I don’t think I want to downgrade if 9.0.1 can be hacked, right?)

Is there any harm in upgrading to 9.0.1 first before doing the hack? Or am I better of hacking it with 8.0.1? (One online guide I read says I need to have at least one eshop game or cartridge installed even with CFW, hence my desire to download the game and be on 9.0.1).

Once I hack it with 9.0.1, I plan to just use airplane mode from that point on, until a point where some games I want to play isn’t supported by 9.0.1. So I have some incentive to start the latest firmware rather than an older version. But will I be missing something if I upgrade to 9.0.1?

Thanks!

14. Crajed87

Crajed87 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Any one know where I am going wrong?

15. n00b2015

n00b2015 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2015
    Slovenia
    did I brick my switch? I have nand backup.

16. Maxwellkiwi

Maxwellkiwi Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2016
    France
    Hello every one
    I wanted to upgrade my emunand firmware (currently in 7.2 I think) to the last firmware with ChoixDuJourNX,
    What else do I need to do to play the last games?
    The last version of atmosphere and the last sigpatches?
    Will have to reinstall all my games to make them work on the last firmware?
    EDIT: Also i see that he last firmware gives problem with cardridge game?

Last edited by Maxwellkiwi, Oct 18, 2019
  17. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    Apparently Switches after july 2018 are completely unhackable, yet it's almost 2020 and no one's found an exploit for newer versions of the Switch. Are the newer switches completely boned in terms of ever getting CFW? I do want to get a newer Switch specifically for the better battery life, but at the same time CFW seems tempting. Although, I am only really going to use CFW for Retroarch. :lol:

Last edited by 64bitmodels, Oct 18, 2019
  18. Qwerty5555

Qwerty5555 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2019
    Afghanistan
    Hmm not sure whats going on, before i could reboot to payload (And hold volume down to get back in hekate) but after i tried tinfoil/hbg (And deleted it by advice of drax) i cant seem to restart to the hekate menu anymore. IT will restart the switch into cfw. but the boot logo is slightly different (not kosmos anymore), but it is kosmos on first time boot (via payload injection)

How do i fix this?

Edit:

Also for some reason cheats are enabled at all time (i think?) Currently playing zelda botw and i notice i have max hearts/unlimited stamine and what not. but i neverrrrrrrrrr enabled any cheats (or downloaded botw cheats to begin with) what did i do ._. this all happnenend after the tinfoil/hbg installation :l

Last edited by Qwerty5555, Oct 18, 2019
  19. A3660537JPN

A3660537JPN GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2017
    Japan
    Technologically
    ,is it possible to save state like BootNTR 3ds did?

20. PlasticK

PlasticK Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2017
    Russia
    is there a way of bulk/auto installing nsps in goldleaf that i don't know of? it can be tedious to install 80 dlcs manually one by one.

thanks a lot

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted