SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. willy101

willy101 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    I have a nand/emunand setup. Can I install android to it without wiping the card?

2. eliasrs

eliasrs Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2019
    Norway
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    eliasrs likes this.
  4. choudhury

choudhury Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi im on the latest sxos version and ofw 9.0.1, and i keep getting the error 'operation cancelled by user' whenever i try to backup a save via checkpoint. does anyone have any idea whats going on?

5. mrmilkman

mrmilkman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2008
    So wanted to test tinfoil and uploading back ups via USB and I installed a torrented copy of a game. The game worked ok but then crashed when I tried to test it again saying the data was corrupt. There was an error logged. I haven't connected to wifi yet. Do I need to delete this error log? Will Nintendo ban the console if they see it?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Maybe try using EdiZon?

If you were running Atmosphere or ReiNX, creport automatically shifts all error reports to the SD card so they are never saved. If you were using SX OS, then you have no such protection. There is also no way to remove error codes as the only tool to do so was depreciated because its usage led to a higher incidence of bans. That being said, its hard to tell whether Nintendo will ban you or not for this error code.

7. mrmilkman

mrmilkman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2008
    Thanks for the reply. I was using Atmosphere. If I go into Error History on the Switch it displays a "System Settings" error for the time of the crash. In the details section it has Error Code: 2016-0610 The microSD card data is corrupted.

Hopefully this won't raise any flags for Nintendo...

8. choudhury

choudhury Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United Kingdom

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No, you were always launching your homebrew via applet mode if you were using the Album. You just didn't have a visual indicator. The latest version of Atmosphere now tells you if are launching the homebrew menu via an applet. If you do not want to be in applet mode, don't open the homebrew menu via an applet.

10. choudhury

choudhury Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United Kingdom
    ohh i see applet meaning the capture gallery? so always open homebrew via a game?

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If you want your homebrew applications to have more RAM, then yes. Applets like the Album have access to a limited amount of RAM but unlike games, your console will always come with the Album which is why this option exists.

12. choudhury

choudhury Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Oh right i see, your replies are on point thank you :)

Draxzelex likes this.
  13. Waster

Waster Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2018
    Sweden
    I just bought a used Switch and want to format it and unlink the previous owner's account. It tells me I have to install a system update for this. The firmware is currently 7.0.1. Do I lose anything valuable by going up to the latest firmware?

14. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    I have never updated my switch since Ive hacked it.
    Before I hacked I made a clean backup of my switch so that if I ever chose to go online I could just flash the backup and it would be like I never had a hacked switch and wouldnt have to worry about being banned.

So if I update, is that backup no good because it will be a different firmware? Do I need to backup some of my files again?

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    This is a common misconception. The concept of fuses prevents you from downgrading but this only applies to when you boot the console normally. Booting through RCM with a custom bootloader bypasses the fuse check allowing us to boot any firmware we want. While this is useless for trying to take advantage of exploits on lower firmware versions (because the act of sending a payload is an exploit in of itself), it is useful when people wish to downgrade in case CFW does not support a certain firmware or when people try to restore their NAND backups. So even if you burn fuses when you update, you will still be able to restore your NAND dump. If you do burn fuses, you can only boot your console through RCM with a custom bootloader. Enabling AutoRCM in this case can make this much easier as otherwise you will have to manually boot into RCM which is very hard to do when your firmware is lower than your fuse count. This is because the console's screen will stay black when trying to power it on which is visually identical to entering RCM. Anyway, this is why I recommended ChoiDujourNX as it allows you to update your firmware without burning fuses.

dxxshore likes this.
  16. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Nov 24, 2013
    Denmark
    Thanks for the help man:P

I've already re-installed some of my games. Thankfully I don't have a ton of games to install.

1 more thing though. I'd like to "re-install" one of the games that was previously on my Sd Card, to the Nand. The game also have alot of dlc. I have enough space on the nand for the base game, but not the dlc, would it still work fine if I install the base game to nand and install the dlc to sd card?

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yes, all of the content doesn't need to be in the same place (but obviously you will need that SD card to load all of the content).

XaneTenshi likes this.
  18. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Are there plans to get permanent homebrew on the Switch's latest FW? At least until the next one?

(breaks out flame shield)

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No. Even if an untethered coldboot came out, the most likely firmware versions are much lower than the latest firmware version. This means you would have to use emuMMC in order to not only update your firmware but to also go online. The latest firmware doesn't even have any hope for any exploits, let alone untethered coldboot. Fusee Gelee is better than any untethered coldboot exploit for the Switch.

20. Drillakilla

Drillakilla Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    London, England
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted