SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Maluma

Maluma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 26, 2016
    United States
    Honestly it's been a shit show for me to figure this stuff out. I ended up ordering a USB-C cable i didn't even need and people get pissed on here when you ask questions. I wish we just had an easy to follow guide. Every time a new console hack comes out I have to either deal with people calling me an idiot, or read the forum for hours. It turns out that anybody can run these hacks and people calling others idiots are really the idiots themselves for not realizing that if the information was easy to follow everyone would be able to do it without asking questions.

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I've posted a link to an easy-to-follow guide numerous times in response to your posts, but you ignored it.

3. Maluma

Maluma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 26, 2016
    United States
    Where in the guide does it tell you how to partition an emunand? Another user told me I need to use ASOS partitioner on my computer.

4. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Can't seem to find this anywhere, but how do I convert the icons in Atmosphere from cloud shortcuts (because they were deleted before I created emuNAND) to proper icons I can modify/redirect etc.?

Can I use a redirection method using those icons already, or do I need to install the .nsp? And can I delete them at all? Because obviously I don't need them if I'm using emuNAND anyway.

Thanks!

5. Fishhook

Fishhook Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2019
    United States
    Hi All,

Running SX OS.

A question on using ChoiDuJourNX to update to FW 8.1.0.

I used Choidujour when I first set up my switch to update to FW 8.0.1.

At the time, I created a folder titled "Firmware" on the root that contained all the .nca files for the update.

Now that I am again updating to the latest firmware, do I delete all the existing .nca files in the "Firmware" folder on the MicroSD, and replace them with the new .nca files from the 8.1.0 firmware update??

And then, boot up SX OS, and update through Choidujour?

I am not sure if I delete my current .nca files from FW 8.0.1 prior to updating to 8.1.0 if that will mess anything up.

Thank you kindly.

Last edited by Fishhook, Jul 24, 2019
  6. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    I just followed this when I Updated to 8.0.1 (and now looking into going to 8.1.0 )
    https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade

7. Fishhook

Fishhook Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2019
    United States
    Thank - the very last point on this guide states:

"You can now delete the /firmware folder on your SD card."

I suppose that answers my question -

Yes, I can delete the .nca files from 8.0.1 that are still sitting in the /firmware folder on my SD Card, and replace them with the .nca from 8.1.0.

You agree?

8. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Yes. If you are going to Update, then actually, Delete everything in the "Firmware' Folder, then Copy over the 8.1.0 Files. Just in case there are Items that do not get Deleted

9. iautran

iautran Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2010
    United States
    Thanks a lot Draxzelex !
    Very clear for me for question 1 and 2.

- About Question 3 : In which scenario it will be usefull for me to boot into CFW for Sysnand ?

If I understand correctly : EmuNand/EmuMMC are quite the same and emulates the version of the firmware we need. I was thinking that we could connect to Internet through EmuMMC but I read in another post of you that we must not connect to internet through EmuMMC ?

- About question 4, thank you for Adubbz Tinfoil to install NSP on the SD Card, is it the same as NSUSBLOADER ("https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/installnsps/installnsps-nsusbloader") ?
    - I launched the official game card from firmware 7.0 installed with ChoiDuJouxNX & from EmuMMC. I was not connected to Internet. Can I connect ? I understand in your answer that I can connect to update the game (I also had a message to update the controller (and maybe I can also update the exfat drive). In a nutshell, not very clear for me to know what I can do or not if I connect the console to Internet and depending on the mode (EmuMMC, etc.)

Thank you again :)

10. Maxwellkiwi

Maxwellkiwi Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2016
    France
    Hello every one
    I was wondering if there is a way for me to know if my switch supports exFat format, I can't remember if i have donne the update or not...
    Also i want to make an emummc on partition with atmosphère. Currently I have an emummc on sd files but it is very slow, does it mean that I will have to reinstall all my nsp and that i should make a backup of all of my game saves with checkpoint if I dont want to lose them?
    Thanks in advance

11. Wrig

Wrig Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Is it possible to install a NSP via lithium with a USB C thumbstick on a undocked switch? I've placed the nsp files on the usb and its not showing up in lithium. I've searched the forums but can only find info on installing via a docked switch or from pc with a usb cable. on firmware 7.0.1 reinx

12. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Just put in an exFAT formatted card, if it asks you to install then update then you don't have exFAT update. Beside you don't really want to use exFAT it is corruption prone.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No your options are either putting the NSP files on the SD card installing it that way, or do usb install via a computer, not through an usb stick.

Last edited by Hayato213, Jul 24, 2019
    Wrig likes this.
  13. Wrig

Wrig Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    United Kingdom
    thanks, I'm trying to find away around having to split bigger nsp files and putting them on the SD card, I have a mac and the nsp splitter I have found will split the NSP but lithium has a error installing them. ( if I split them on a PC lithuim installs them fine). is there another customfirmware I could use that would let me use a thumbstick?

14. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You can do usb install with goldleaf 0.3 on a pc.

Wrig likes this.
  15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Its just that some people use emuMMC as a ban shield meaning they use emuMMC for CFW and homebrew then keep it offline. However if you reverse the roles and use CFW and homebrew in sysMMC while playing online in emuMMC, then you have to connect to the Internet through emuMMC. This is something patched users must do because they cannot update their sysMMC to the latest firmware and thus play online with their sysMMC.

Adubbz Tinfoil is a homebrew program you run on the Switch to install .NSP files. NS-USBloader is a computer program that pushes .NSP files via USB but it must be used in tandem with a homebrew application on the Switch.

As stated before, some users do not let their emuMMC partition connect to the Internet but there is nothing inherently wrong with connecting emuMMC to the Internet unless you use a lot of CFW & homebrew in emuMMC.

16. ~~Tito~~

~~Tito~~ GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2009
    United States
    Is it worth keeping emunand/emummc now that I’m banned?

17. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Depends if you had an sysnand on a much lower firmware/fuse count, other than that probably no.

18. ~~Tito~~

~~Tito~~ GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2009
    United States
    Nope. Running 8.1.0/8.1.0.

19. Enlapse

Enlapse GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably this has been answered, but I haven't found anything on Google:

Is it possible to autoload a payload upon entering RCM? Something like this:

Switch is off > Turn on > RCM loaded (from AutoRCM) > Load selected payload (in my case Hekate) from SD or internal storage or something like that

If it isn't clear, I mean without another device such as a PC.

Thank you for your help.

20. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    im just curious about the "check for corrupted data" feature on switch...
    is the system checking the main game only? or also on updates and dlcs?
    thanks