SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. iluvfuzz

iluvfuzz GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Well apparently I'm an idiot and it does work. Didn't realize I had to hold down R while choosing profile to launch.
    I actually did just merge the files. So you still recommend I delete all but nintendo folder and put the newest atmosphere files on sd then?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Well I have not set it up yet as I'm waiting for it become more stable before giving it a try. And I pretty much gave you the best guide for it. Also if you do not have a clean NAND, you can still use EmuNAND. You just cannot use it as a ban shield.

Well TX just released SX OS 2.8 so you can update SysNAND, EmuNAND, or both to 8.1

Yes

stellarr likes this.
  3. 1alien1

1alien1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2013
    Gambia, The
    whats the best way to install dlc and updates? i see that the native sxos can install them by itself, but there is also the installer app officially from them. whats the difference and how to install in the right order and maybe several automatically?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    While there is no right order, you can go game -> update -> DLC if you're paranoid.

5. 1alien1

1alien1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2013
    Gambia, The
    ok thx :). and whats the difference between using the sx installer app or through the normal sx menu?
    and nca signature failing for some dlc, whats that about?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    SX Installer is a homebrew application made by a different team (known as WAIN) that is actually better than the one TX bundles with their CFW. Although I have no idea what that error is about as I do not use TX stuff. I only use free and open-source software so I am only familiar with troubleshooting those tools.

1alien1 likes this.
  7. Zuzuooloo

Zuzuooloo Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2017
    United States
    A bit confused on how often we are supposed to back up our clean nand...am I supposed to be backing the nand up every time I go back to the ofw after fiddling on cfw? or was the initial backup enough?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Before emuEMMC came out, you had to make a new clean NAND backup right before you delved back to CFW and homebrew because your previous NAND dump wouldn't match the changes you made while playing online. For example, if you have a previous clean NAND backup then restore it then while you're playing online happen to generate an error code, Nintendo will expect you to have this error code. If you restore your previous clean NAND backup, then you risk a ban because that NAND backup was made before the error code was generated so it will not be saved in your system when you restore it. You will instead have to make a new NAND backup but not immediately. This is because the point of the NAND restore is to wipe any trace of CFW/homebrew so really you only have to make a new one every time you use CFW or homebrew.

However now with emuEMMC, this isn't as necessary as you can simply keep one NAND clean, usually SysNAND, while the other NAND full of CFW & homebrew, usually emuEMMC.

9. Lordbarker

Lordbarker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    Sorry, very basic question. Is there a specific firmware revision needed for CFW or is it solely based on serial number now? Seems to be conflicting information. I currently have an older Switch on latest firmware but plan to pick up another unit as assume I can’t run a legit and hacked system together like, for example, a dual nand rgh 360?

Any recommendations for an OS? I’m keen to run the Lakka emulators and some switch titles - most of which I own the originals.

Last edited by Lordbarker, Jun 20, 2019
  10. Iraito

Iraito Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2019
    Italy
    Is this serial xaj70034643542 hackable ?

Last edited by Iraito, Jun 20, 2019
  11. Itsuki235

Itsuki235 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2019
    United States
    The serial number determines if it is an unpatched console. All unpatched consoles will forever support CFW/linux regardless of OFW version.

There are a number of less popular (and less public) entry points that exist that are based on the firmware present in the switch. Patched consoles can theoretically run CFW using those entry points if on a low enough firmware version (<4.1.0) but it is better to sell them and buy an unpatched one. The last known exploit (undisclosed) was fully patched out with 8.0.0 OFW so iPatched switces after 7.0.1 are considered unhackable currently.

Edit: For running two different configurations, an "online" safe and "offline" configuration, emunand can be used. Atmosphere and SXOS both currently support it. The SX OS one is easier to implement but Atmosphere's will get better over time.

Iraito, that switch is patched and cannot be used for CFW.

Last edited by Itsuki235, Jun 20, 2019
  12. Lordbarker

Lordbarker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    Thank you for the information. I was planning to get another Switch for CFW, but seems I can use my pre-2018 model just fine even though it is running current 8.01 firmware, correct? For Lakka 4T emulators can I run this alongside SXOS? Thanks for you time.

13. Iraito

Iraito Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2019
    Italy
    Thank you, what about XAJ400577XXXXX or XAJ40060590967 ? i'm trying ti buy a switch.

Last edited by Iraito, Jun 20, 2019
  14. Itsuki235

Itsuki235 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2019
    United States
    Use this site: https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

Feel free to update to 8.1. Both SX OS and Atmosphere support it. I can't comment on Lakka or emulation on the Switch unfortunately, but Atmosphere has better Homebrew support than SX OS if running retail firmware.

Note that, you can either run official firmware or an overt linux distro and ignore the retail firmware entirely and run linux. With linux, the emulation front end UI can be put directly on top but again, that is outside of my experience.

Lordbarker likes this.
  15. 2Hack

2Hack HYPiavelli

Nov 26, 2014
    Canada
    Underground
    yo so I understand sx supports latest fw, but what is the correct way to update? I'm currently running the original release fw. also, is there any benefit to staying as low as possible atm?

16. Stern1991

Stern1991 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2018
    Iran
    Can anybody answer this question?
    I'm still wondering what to do...
    I found out that I proably need biskeys. But I couldn't find something with this name in my nand backup.
    I have a tsec_keys.bin file but not biskeys.

17. nerodevil

nerodevil Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2019
    Algeria
    i downgraded my switch from 8.1.0 to 7.0.0 using ChoiDojourNX , now i cant boot it up , i tried using hecate and reinx but nothing works , i didnt make a nandbackup , can i fix it or is it gone forever ?

18. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    I have a launch Switch on 8.1 and a jig coming in the mail today, am I better off waiting for Atmosphere to update with a more user friendly emuMMC before I go messing around with it? I want to keep my sysnand clean for online and use emuMMC for other things offline. Also, is it safe to use Lakka for emulators without worrying about it messing with Horizon? And how do I have both Atmosphere and Lakka set up at the same time?

19. darkriku2000

darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    If I'm trying to boot an xci in sx os and it says no game card is found does that mean my firmware doesn't match up? If so can I just use chouDojour to upgrade to 7.x or 8.x and be good to go?

20. ssfirme

ssfirme Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2019
    United States
    20190620_132957. Guys my switch updated and now when i boot up it shows this