1. Itsuki235

Itsuki235 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Technically no, but there are illegitimate NSPs that deliberately brick. This is why it is important to have a NAND backup prior to installing NSPs and to use the newer versions of Atmosphere. That CFW has some preventative measures taken to prevent full bricks.

2. Marter714

Marter714 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are we able to play online with CFW yet? That's the only thing holding me back from hacking my Switch.

3. gnagnabe

gnagnabe Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Same as above , i wish to know if there's a safe way to use CFW and run emulators while still being able to play online on legit games , and if it is even further possible to "clean" you console after having used NSP files and still being able to play online on your legit games.

Marter714 likes this.
  4. Itsuki235

United States
    This will never be possible directly due to the way Nintendo implemented their server architecture. They actually did it properly this time unlike with the Wii U/3DS so it will never happen without being subject to bans.

EmuMMC is probably the safest way of doing that (indirectly) since it creates a sandbox that can be removed from the switch without leaving any traces on the system memory. As long as the emuMMC is used only offline, it should be effective (theoretically) at evading bans. The feature with Atmosphere was just implemented and not enough time has passed to definitively declare that it is effective.

Marter714 likes this.
  5. susanoomon

susanoomon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yelp it seems I was right about not being able to convince my mom.... She said she doesn't want to void the 2 year warranty she paid when she bought the switch....

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Hekate does not support firmware 8.1

7. Stern1991

Stern1991 Member
    Newcomer

Iran
    Thank you. I don't have biskeys, only have SYSTEM file from my nandbackup, which I have extracted USER from that. Does checkpoint recognize my USER file and extracts saves from that? or I must first provide biskeys? (Which I don't have, I only have tsec keys)

Last edited by Stern1991, Jun 21, 2019
  8. Priyam

Priyam GBAtemp Regular

India
    where is the sigpatch for the latest fw 8.1? The default atmosphere sd files doesn't come with the sigpatches right?

9. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    Either use Kosmos or get the sigpatches from here.

10. Itsuki235

United States
    Checkpoint is a homebrew app that runs on the switch to extract and restore saves. It can't help solve your issue.

That is a really complicated question requiring detailed knowledge of how saves work on the switch, and specific steps to extract them using several different tools. Create a dedicated thread for that in the /switch section to see if anyone knows more of how to do that.

Stern1991 likes this.
  11. Dary

Dary Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hi all,

has anyone also got a failure when restoring NAND of firmware 8.01 in SX OS 2.8?
    It failed at 99% and when I try again, it now fails at 0%. I also tried to copy the backup to a FAT32 formated card, tried SX OS 2.6 but it all doesn't help :(

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    SX OS lacks NAND backup verification so it can be corrupt. Try restoring it with Hekate.

13. Tortitamal

Tortitamal Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Correct me if I'm wrong. There is still no way to boot games from a external USB hard drive, right?

14. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    SX OS can.

15. misterpooper

misterpooper Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm new to the Switch scene.
    I have a 6.2 ReinX with the RCMloader.

Looking to install SXOS but don't know how.
    Where can I find a tutorial for that?

Also, should I be staying in 6.2 or upgrading to 7.0?
    Can I install SXOS with the ReinX now on 6.2?

Thanks.

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Unfortunately all links containing SX OS is now banned from GBATemp because their CFW contains illegal code within it. If you look it up however, you can easily find their website that also has instructions on how to setup their CFW.

As for your firmware, I now advise people to stay away from 7.X as it has this weird USB bug with homebrew applications. If you must update, update to 8.0 or 8.0.1 (8.1 is too new for me to personally recommend). But if you're going to update your firmware, please update your CFW before updating your firmware.

Lastly, you don't install CFW on the Switch so you can have multiple CFW on one SD card. Well you cannot have ReiNX and Atmosphere on one SD card if your firmware version is 7.0 or higher but you didn't say you were interested in using Atmosphere so you can ignore this one exception.

misterpooper likes this.
  17. misterpooper

misterpooper Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok thanks.

I'll try to look on how to install SXOS.

A few more questions.
    I know you said cannot have Atmosphere and ReinX in one SD card but is it possible to put SXOS onto the 6.2 ReinX I have now?
    Or does that have to be standalone like Atmosphere.
    I do not have to update as I can keep what I have now but I feel SXOS has the cheats option for the DLC which I can't figure out how to do for ReinX.

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Yes it is possible. SX OS can exist on one SD card with either ReiNX or Atmosphere but ReiNX and Atmosphere cannot co-exist as of firmware 7.0

19. iluvfuzz

iluvfuzz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I want to mod botw on switch looking at places on the internet its possible. One website has files and use to have a tutorial but has been taken down because I guess its trash.. Another place says you just drag and drop files into the game folder. Is it safe to do this and do you recommend I back up saves or anything before hand?

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I've never modded a game on the Switch before so everything I say is just based on my knowledge of the concept. Installing game mods are safe but they are usually specific to a certain update of the game. Meaning if you do not have the corresponding update installed on your Switch that match the update the mods are designed to work on, the mods will not work. Outside of that, you shouldn't run into any issues but it never hurts to make a backup off your save data.

iluvfuzz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH