NULL

SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Nov 24, 2013
    Denmark
    Hi Drax, thanks for the reply
    Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific, I already know this. I meant problems downgrading from 8.1.0 specifically. You know, like new security features by Nintendo meant to counter downgrading, something like how the TSEC keys were changed for 6.2 and onward to ruin CFW, but this time for downgrading. But judging from your reply, I guess there won't be any problems in this matter?

2. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    No, if you didn't burn fuses, you can downgrade from 8.0.0 to 6.0.0 without the need of injecting a custom payload every time. You're fine.

3. peunou

peunou Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2019
    France
    Hi!

I've just bought a Switch and I have trouble playing downloaded nsp games. I'm using atmosphere (I followed the NH Switch Guide) and I install nsp games with Goldleaf. The installation goes fine but when I try to play a game, the Switch displays "Vérification..." (French for "Checking") and then tries to connect to the Internet. It refuses to go on without a connection, which of course I don't want to provide. In case that matters, my firmware is 8.0.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    You have the sigpatches for 8.0.1 on the root of your micro sd card?

5. Drobbo84

Drobbo84 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
  6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
  7. aihooo444

aihooo444 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    United States
    Can i do a Nand Restore with just
    1. BOOT0 and BOOT1
    2. eMMC SYS
    Or do i need a full nand backup (as mine was apparently bad)

8. Drobbo84

Drobbo84 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    What is nxmpt??

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Not nxmtp, nxmtp is a homebrew tool for transferring files via USB. Unfortunately you cannot transfer files larger than 4 GB with nxmtp but those types of files are usually games which can be transferred via other methods such as USB installation or splitting.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Whoops forgot to respond to this one but I see you already made a thread. I'll answer your question if you delete your thread.

10. aihooo444

aihooo444 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    United States
    @Draxzelex I just reported it to be deleted.
    Let me know about my ?.
    Thanks.

11. peunou

peunou Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2019
    France
    That was it, thanks a lot. I guess I'm at the right place in this noob thread...

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yes, you can just restore your NAND with only those but if the firmware version is much lower of your boot0/boot1 + eMMC SYS than your current firmware version, then you will need to initialize the system which means you will lose all installed content and save data. You can perform a system initialization in the Maintenance Menu which you enter by holding both volume + and - when turning on the console or using a payload that boots CFW/OFW. Be sure to backup your save data before performing the restore.

13. aihooo444

aihooo444 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    United States
    So do I do the system restore or system initialization first.
    Thanks.

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Restore your NAND then perform a system initialization.

15. GeorgeMcfly

GeorgeMcfly Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2019
    Canada
    Hello my friends.

I have some experience with SXOS but I do have a couple questions for you experts.

I've got a fresh 3.0.0 switch and plan on doing a Sys/Emunand setup so I can play multiplayer games online. It's my understanding that the 3.0.0 firmware has some advantages so I'm just wondering if I will be able to restore it with a NAND backup. I need to avoid burning fuses and Auto RCM will protect against that, is that correct?

So process is boot into SX menu, backup nand, create emunand, enable RCM, boot into sysnand, update firmware an play online?

Please correct me if I'm mistaken. Thank you to the folks who patiently help others.

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    While your steps are fine, the way you are going about them need some work. For one thing, you should dump your NAND with Hekate instead of SX OS as Hekate can verify your NAND dump unlike SX OS. With SX OS, you risk ending up with a corrupted NAND dump. Also enabling AutoRCM isn't sufficient to prevent fuses from being burnt. If you update your firmware online even with AutoRCM enabled, AutoRCM will be removed and thus your fuses are burnt. There are 3 main ways of updating without burning fuses:
    1. Using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX
    2. Rebooting into RCM when the system restarts after installing the update which is explained here
    3. Updating while using a CFW that prevents AutoRCM from being removed which is any CFW except SX OS which also happen to be free (e.g. ReiNX, Atmosphere)

17. GeorgeMcfly

GeorgeMcfly Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2019
    Canada
    Hello friend,

thank you for the swift reply. I will indeed use Hekate to backup my NAND as you suggest, thank you.

I have used ChoiDujourNX to update my other switch, I was reluctant to use this method as I assumed running homebrew on a sysnand would result in a ban. Or is there a way to update the sysnand from the emunand using this software?

Thanks again.

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    EmuNAND and SysNAND are completely separate entities. I also mentioned more than just ChoiDujourNX for updating without burning fuses.

19. GeorgeMcfly

GeorgeMcfly Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2019
    Canada
    Understood. Thank you, I will closely follow the guide in your second suggestion.

20. twiisbest

twiisbest Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2019
    United States
    Hello,
    I have bricked my switch some time ago and cannot find any way to fix. I accidentally updated and afterwards restored my nand. It no longer boots to any mode. Any thoughts?