Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is nxmpt??
Not nxmtp, nxmtp is a homebrew tool for transferring files via USB. Unfortunately you cannot transfer files larger than 4 GB with nxmtp but those types of files are usually games which can be transferred via other methods such as USB installation or splitting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can i do a Nand Restore with just
  1. BOOT0 and BOOT1
  2. eMMC SYS
Or do i need a full nand backup (as mine was apparently bad)
Whoops forgot to respond to this one but I see you already made a thread. I'll answer your question if you delete your thread.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i do a Nand Restore with just
  1. BOOT0 and BOOT1
  2. eMMC SYS
Or do i need a full nand backup (as mine was apparently bad)
Yes, you can just restore your NAND with only those but if the firmware version is much lower of your boot0/boot1 + eMMC SYS than your current firmware version, then you will need to initialize the system which means you will lose all installed content and save data. You can perform a system initialization in the Maintenance Menu which you enter by holding both volume + and - when turning on the console or using a payload that boots CFW/OFW. Be sure to backup your save data before performing the restore.

aihooo444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can just restore your NAND with only those but if the firmware version is much lower of your boot0/boot1 + eMMC SYS than your current firmware version, then you will need to initialize the system which means you will lose all installed content and save data. You can perform a system initialization in the Maintenance Menu which you enter by holding both volume + and - when turning on the console or using a payload that boots CFW/OFW. Be sure to backup your save data before performing the restore.
So do I do the system restore or system initialization first.
Thanks.

GeorgeMcfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello my friends.

I have some experience with SXOS but I do have a couple questions for you experts.

I've got a fresh 3.0.0 switch and plan on doing a Sys/Emunand setup so I can play multiplayer games online. It's my understanding that the 3.0.0 firmware has some advantages so I'm just wondering if I will be able to restore it with a NAND backup. I need to avoid burning fuses and Auto RCM will protect against that, is that correct?

So process is boot into SX menu, backup nand, create emunand, enable RCM, boot into sysnand, update firmware an play online?

Please correct me if I'm mistaken. Thank you to the folks who patiently help others.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello my friends.

I have some experience with SXOS but I do have a couple questions for you experts.

I've got a fresh 3.0.0 switch and plan on doing a Sys/Emunand setup so I can play multiplayer games online. It's my understanding that the 3.0.0 firmware has some advantages so I'm just wondering if I will be able to restore it with a NAND backup. I need to avoid burning fuses and Auto RCM will protect against that, is that correct?

So process is boot into SX menu, backup nand, create emunand, enable RCM, boot into sysnand, update firmware an play online?

Please correct me if I'm mistaken. Thank you to the folks who patiently help others.
While your steps are fine, the way you are going about them need some work. For one thing, you should dump your NAND with Hekate instead of SX OS as Hekate can verify your NAND dump unlike SX OS. With SX OS, you risk ending up with a corrupted NAND dump. Also enabling AutoRCM isn't sufficient to prevent fuses from being burnt. If you update your firmware online even with AutoRCM enabled, AutoRCM will be removed and thus your fuses are burnt. There are 3 main ways of updating without burning fuses:
  1. Using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX
  2. Rebooting into RCM when the system restarts after installing the update which is explained here
  3. Updating while using a CFW that prevents AutoRCM from being removed which is any CFW except SX OS which also happen to be free (e.g. ReiNX, Atmosphere)

GeorgeMcfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello friend,

thank you for the swift reply. I will indeed use Hekate to backup my NAND as you suggest, thank you.

I have used ChoiDujourNX to update my other switch, I was reluctant to use this method as I assumed running homebrew on a sysnand would result in a ban. Or is there a way to update the sysnand from the emunand using this software?

Thanks again.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friend,

thank you for the swift reply. I will indeed use Hekate to backup my NAND as you suggest, thank you.

I have used ChoiDujourNX to update my other switch, I was reluctant to use this method as I assumed running homebrew on a sysnand would result in a ban. Or is there a way to update the sysnand from the emunand using this software?

Thanks again.
EmuNAND and SysNAND are completely separate entities. I also mentioned more than just ChoiDujourNX for updating without burning fuses.

D

Deleted User

Hello,
I have bricked my switch some time ago and cannot find any way to fix. I accidentally updated and afterwards restored my nand. It no longer boots to any mode. Any thoughts?

D

Deleted User

How did you update? What firmware was your NAND backup on? What did you restore? How many fuses do you have burnt?
I updated clicking by yes on a pop up asking to update. I am not sure as it was some time ago. I think around 6.0.0. I restored using hekate. I am not sure and I can't check as I am unable to boot

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated clicking by yes on a pop up asking to update. I am not sure as it was some time ago. I think around 6.0.0. I restored using hekate. I am not sure and I can't check as I am unable to boot
I am not sure if I wasn't specific in my questions or you're just being vague in your answers but I have a general gist of the issue that I need to just double-check. When I said how did you update, I meant online, via cartridge, updating locally via a friend, etc. When you restored your NAND backup, what files (not bootloader) did you use such as boot0, boot1, eMMC raw GPP, eMMC SYS, eMMC USER? And RCM should still work as long as the console has battery. Fuses can be checked via Hekate -> Console Info -> Print Fuses

D

Deleted User

I am not sure if I wasn't specific in my questions or you're just being vague in your answers but I have a general gist of the issue that I need to just double-check. When I said how did you update, I meant online, via cartridge, updating locally via a friend, etc. When you restored your NAND backup, what files (not bootloader) did you use such as boot0, boot1, eMMC raw GPP, eMMC SYS, eMMC USER? And RCM should still work as long as the console has battery. Fuses can be checked via Hekate -> Console Info -> Print Fuses
I updated online. As for the restore I restored My boot0, boot1, and EMMC raw. I have been unable to boot to RCM in the past but i will try again

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated online. As for the restore I restored My boot0, boot1, and EMMC raw. I have been unable to boot to RCM in the past but i will try again
So basically what seems to have happened is you burnt fuses when you updated online that is preventing you from booting because the firmware of your NAND dump doesn't match your current fuse count. However this should not affect your ability to enter RCM so either get a better jig or use something else to enter RCM like aluminum foil.

D

Deleted User

I now have it in RCM and have 8 fuses burnt. 6.2.0 is the only firmware i can find that supports 8 fuses but is isn't compatible with ChoiDujour. Is there any firmware that supports both 8 fuses and ChoiDujour?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.