Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
After restoring nand do I need to restart the autorcm, backup, and everything? I haven't really changed anything other then updating files since I first modded the switch

depends on if you made you backup with autorcm, if not then you will need to re-enable it, other than that, your cfw should work. Just backup your sd card if you need to reformat first.

The other thing is your backups may need to be reinstalled

ashamefuldog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just used ChoiDujour to go from 5.1 to 6.2, what's the deal with the "controller update is available" nag I'm getting now? The word "update" terrifies me.

Ryan Warren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends on if you made you backup with autorcm, if not then you will need to re-enable it, other than that, your cfw should work. Just backup your sd card if you need to reformat first.

The other thing is your backups may need to be reinstalled
So how do I get extract the saves using hacdiskmount? Do I need to dump my current nand? I've never used it so is it user friendly?

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a second Switch to use online. I have some questions.

1. How can I test to see if it is patched?
2. Are there any precautions I should take going back and forth between them? For example, is it safe to use the same userid I set up the original with? Can I transfer a downloaded 100% completed save file to the new/unmodded switch? Etc.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a second Switch to use online. I have some questions.

1. How can I test to see if it is patched?
2. Are there any precautions I should take going back and forth between them? For example, is it safe to use the same userid I set up the original with? Can I transfer a downloaded 100% completed save file to the new/unmodded switch? Etc.
  1. https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-defin...atched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/
  2. You don't need to take any precautions. Bans are only applied to consoles that are hacked; if a console is never hacked, it is never banned

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to be able to take my hacked CFW switch online for homebrew purposes ONLY. Is there any way to completely block it from trying to communicate with nintendo servers so I dont risk getting banned, but still allow me online access from stuff like homebrew app store, retroarch online features, etc?

I have other other, unhacked switches in the household so id rather not block them from online access.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'd like to be able to take my hacked CFW switch online for homebrew purposes ONLY. Is there any way to completely block it from trying to communicate with nintendo servers so I dont risk getting banned, but still allow me online access from stuff like homebrew app store, retroarch online features, etc?

I have other other, unhacked switches in the household so id rather not block them from online access.
Look here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When reading up about 90DNS, there seems to be a bit of controversy surrounding things like whether its actually safe from bans, or whether to trust where your pointing your switch to on there.

Can I create my own nintendo blocking DNS server? is there a guide out there if so?

As of 7.0.x 90dns blocks all nintys telemtry. If you have 90dns set and they go down, you won't connect to the net.

Alternatively, you can host it yourself or just block all the IP's in your router, you should be able to find a list online

MTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
  1. Atmosphere is currently the only CFW to support firmware 7.X. Downgrading is indeed possible however if you are already on firmware 7.X then that means you will have burnt fuses. Fuses are supposed to prevent downgrading but all bootloaders (payloads that boot CFW) bypass the fuse check making downgrading possible. I should also mention that while downgrading is possible this way, its not useful for future exploits since sending a payload is an exploit in of itself. Only downgrade with burnt fuses if CFW is not supported or stable on your current firmware
  2. .XCI files are copies of Nintendo Switch cartridges as files. ReiNX technically supports them but you have to install your .XCI files with a homebrew application such as ZeroTwoXCI, dOPUS, or n1dus. Not all games are available as .XCI however. Some games are digital which are usually provided in the .NSP format. ReiNX of course supports these as well
  3. For newbies, ReiNX is in my opinion the best as it requires nothing additional to work and is free. However if you are already on firmware 7.X which ReiNX doesn't support yet, then your only option is to use Atmosphere as explained in my first point. But as also explained in my first point, you can use Atmosphere to downgrade to a firmware that ReiNX supports such as 6.2 then switch to ReiNX. You must use AutoRCM however since you will have burnt your fuses but the primary tool for downgrading automatically enables AutoRCM whenever it changes your firmware
  4. Not all games are smaller than 4 GB but there are numerous workarounds for the 4 GB file-size such as splitting the files, USB install, and network install. Also it doesn't matter if the SD card is micro or ultra; they are both supported

Thank you so much for the reply. I've decided to stick with 7.0.1 and use Atmopsphere CFW for a starter since I'm already on 7.0.1 and once I feel comfortable with everything then I'll think downgrading to lower FW. I have already backed up eMMC BOOT0/1 and also eMMC RAW GPP. I did back up console info as well as BisKey. So is there anything else needs backing up before using CFW? Also since I'm never going online while using CFW, why the guide suggests to block updates and whatnot knowing that WIFI is a no no due to banhammer

Last edited by MTG,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the reply. I've decided to stick with 7.0.1 and use Atmopsphere CFW for a starter since I'm already on 7.0.1 and once I feel comfortable with everything then I'll think downgrading to lower FW. I have already backed up eMMC BOOT0/1 and also eMMC RAW GPP. I did back up console info as well as BisKey. So is there anything else needs backing up before using CFW?
You have everything needed to recover from a brick so I can only recommend optional stuff. You can dump the public console keys, keys shared across all consoles, that are used for a wide variety of purposes with Lockpick_RCM

Reactions: MTG and Adran_Marit

MTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You have everything needed to recover from a brick so I can only recommend optional stuff. You can dump the public console keys, keys shared across all consoles, that are used for a wide variety of purposes with Lockpic_RCM

Done it! Thank you so much @Draxzelex for your prompt replies and helping the newcomers and the community as well. While you were replying to my last question I had edited my post to add another question regarding blocking any Nintendo servers connection pushing a FW, games updates and telemetry with 90DNS. Why I would do that when I'm never going online on this console

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by bird333,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up