1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    No CFW supports firmware 7.0. You will need to restore your complete NAND backup meaning the eMMC raw GPP or rawnand.bin as well as boot0/boot1.

2. werneck14

werneck14 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Yeah I understand that. But can I just restore my 6.0.1 Backup using Hekate with no problem? I have 9 fuses burnt and the NAND backup is from OFW 6.0.1 not CFW, is there anything i should do before restoring? And is AutoRCM still dangerous? Like having the switch battery drained while on rcm mode and bricking it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Several things:
    1. Restoring the NAND backup is in fact the easiest way to downgrade. The alternative method involves rebuilding your NAND with ChoiDujour and its a rather lengthy (and slightly dangerous) process
    2. All bootloaders aka payloads that boot CFW bypass the fuse check so you can boot any firmware with the current exploit meaning you will be fine as long you are booting through RCM which is easiest with AutoRCM. Speaking of which...
    3. AutoRCM was and never will be dangerous. The only thing dangerous are uninformed users (just look at everyone updating to firmware 7.0, not particular talking about yourself but in general). All AutoRCM does is "brick" your console (reversibly, mind you) and causes the console to reboot into RCM when you turn it off from Horizon. Nobody charges their console or even leaves it in RCM for extended periods of time, AutoRCM or otherwise.

4. werneck14

Brazil
    Thanks for the tips! One more thing. I just made a backup of OFW 7.0, if I switch back from 6.0.1 to 7.0 restoring the OFW 7.0 NAND will it pass the fuse check and boot normally without the need of injecting a payload?

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Your console is designed to normally boot firmware that matches the fuse count. If you don't know your fuse count, you can check with either briccmii or Hekate under Fuse Info then compare the fuse count to the expected firmwares here.

6. sean222

sean222 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    My first noob question, Google searches have failed. Up and running fully on SX OS Pro. Launching .nsp installed games are fine. Once I boot Hekate and load up Reinx or Atmosphere (verified running ok, HB menu ok), the exact same .nsp game goes straight to a black screen after launching, any ideas what this means?

Happens with both Reinx and Atmosphere. Atmosphere has all the patches downloaded via Kosmos. I tried SDFiles site too.

7. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    My first thought is emunand?

8. sean222

sean222 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Never used emunand at all.
    On 6.2 now. I'm wondering if it's because I installed all my .nsps through the SX OS installer... That doesn't really make sense though...I think.

9. Adran_Marit

Australia
    i dunno, I dont use sx, so it was just a thought, maybe. but atmo and rei both black screen them? try reinstalling?

sean222 likes this.
  10. werneck14

Brazil
    Restored the nand and everything works fine. My NAND Backup actually was version 5.1.0. Is there any reason/advantage to update to 6.2.0?

11. Adran_Marit

Australia
    some games require it

werneck14 and Draxzelex like this.
  12. mugendc4

mugendc4 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    also to add above, some game updates and DLC will require to be on newer firmware. So if you want the latest roster of SSBU, you will need to be on 6.2.0

werneck14 likes this.
  13. teelo

teelo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    Is there a program for windows I can use to extract a save file from a NAND dump (including boot and user and whatnot) then inject it into another NAND dump??

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    No.

15. werneck14

Brazil
    But i remember playing games on lower firmware when using the "ignore firmware requirement" on tinfoil. Is this still possible?

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You cannot bypass all games by ignoring the firmware. For example, you cannot boot Smash on any firmware lower than 5.1 because the game was specifically programmed to work on at least 5.1

werneck14 likes this.
  17. DiabloFan42069

Newcomer

United States
    Hi, pardon the ignorance as I'm quite new to the switch hacking scene. Basically, I'm here because I want to edit a game save.

I've done a bit of reading but I'm still confused. So, my switch serial is XAW1001... and unfortunately it's been updated to OFW 7.0. I've read that there's no working software for 7.0 but one might be available soon but it depends on some private/public keys? What does that mean? Does it have something to do with a change from fusee gelee to TESC or something like that? But I saw on the stickied firmware status post that the cold boot fusee gelee is working for 7.0?

Is there anything I can do now to start hacking into my switch or do I have to wait for a 7.0 fix? I was thinking about paying for the SX Pro dongle. Is that a bad idea? For now, I'm only interested in editing a Diablo game save. Can I just do that and play as normal? As if the system is OEM? Not ready to get into the homebrew/emulator/custom interface stuff yet. If that makes any difference.

Also, side question, is there anyway to enable online play and still block automatic updates? It seems like the dns thing blocks all online play.

Any advice/insight will be appreciated. Thanks!

18. MavrickThe

MavrickThe Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, I just got a used Switch a few days ago, and want to hack it but I have a problem - it was already updated to 7.0.0, and I'm not sure what to do, mainly because I can't decide on what CFW to use. From what I've read, it seems that the best free way to do this is with a paperclip? But I have a history of causing things to explode when I stick metal objects into machines, so I'm trying to find a good dongle. I'm interested in using both SX and Atmosphere, but would I need to buy separate dongles for that or would just using two different MicroSD cards work? Can you even switch between them on the same Switch?
    Also, before I buy - I know that the 7.0.0 update screws things over, so I want to know: Should I use ChoiDujourNX to downgrade to a lower firmware version, or wait until the Atmosphere fix is released?
    One last question, because I can't seem to find any answer to this - I know this will almost certainly get me banned, but what exactly does that mean? From the way people have been saying it, it seems to imply something different then bricking your console, but does it ban your Nintendo account? Aren't those really easy to make though, or am I missing something obvious? I just want to understand all of the dangers before I go through with this. Thanks, and sorry if I said a little too much.

19. Adran_Marit

Australia
    check if it works with fusee gelee, if it does, the buy it and wait

20. Azriell

Azriell Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm real bad at following the scene and keeping all the information straight. I'm trying to get better about this, but I've got so many holes in my understanding that it's hard. so yeah I've got some dumb questions I'm trying to figure out.

First, I haven't messed with my Switch for a while. The other day I decide I want to get it back out for Wargroove, but the game will not work for me. At first the icon was just a white square, and then I tried updating SXOS 2.5.3. Now it shows a loading symbol instead if a white icon, but the game still won't work.

My Switch is updated to 6.0.1. Do I need to upgrade?

Second, I noticed SXOS has an upgrade button in the options, but it prompts for internet connection. I've always kept my Switch offline. I'm I'm vaguely aware that adjusting DNS settings were a thing. Does that still work for enabling connections but blocking Nintendo?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH