SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

I thought I couldn’t burn fuses on lower fw sysnand 4.1.0 and 6.2 emuNAND do I still need AutoRCM to prevent fuses burning?

Sry u sure it’s ok to keep sysnand at 4.1.0 and make emuNAND 6.2 coz I found this in the bug page of 2.4?

SX OS 2.4 BETA Confirmed bugs
    Hello again loyal SX OS users

Recently Team Xecuter dropped the 2.4 BETA for SX OS that brought support for those who have updated their switch to OFW 6.2.
    - OFW 4.1 and lower support: These older firmwares require special care for backwards compatibility, and in this specific release if you use SX OS, your switch will boot to a black screen.
    If you update your sysNAND this will be resolved for you. If you don't want to do that (day dreaming about the sloooowwwww booting dejavu exploit that will probably never be released) then you will have to wait for the next edition of SX OS for this to be fixed.

Last edited by Zap2000, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Troll1011

Troll1011 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    My question was can i boot without any devices and also why cant i go to recovery mode

Last edited by Troll1011, Dec 15, 2018
  3. rustb0y

rustb0y Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I have tried that as well , still got nothing , this is one that i think i might just leave as i have tried everything. I have looked at SX OS but you have to pay for that.

I have seen that Atmosphere is another one and tried that but got a error about the fusee secondary not being found, but it was there.

my serial is XAJ7003 and on the list its hackable .

Last edited by rustb0y, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Please read through what I'm saying as you're now forcing me to repeat myself. EmuNAND has no bearing on fuses since it cannot be booted into normally but with SX Loader which disables the fuse check. AutoRCM is only needed when SysNAND is running a firmware higher than the fuse count.

Also I was not aware of that issue (SX OS is really unstable). However this is a non-issue if you are not using AutoRCM since you do not need SX OS to boot OFW in that case.
    If it has AutoRCM, then no. And you should be able to boot into recovery mode by holding volume + and - when using a payload that launches CFW/OFW. At the very least, I have confirmed its possible with ReiNX and ReiNX is the easiest to do this with since it autoboots into CFW.
    Have you tried using another SD card?

5. rustb0y

rustb0y Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yea ive tried three different ones, scan disk normal black one 32gb , scan disk ultra 32gb and another ultra but 64gb. I have tried doing a setup through SDsetup and selected reinx that way and does same. I did atmosphere but i keep getting the fusee secondary error.

6. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States

So i checked my folders and it has 100d etc. But none of the nro show up. I can navigate out of the folder and the hbl nro shows up but none of the other homebrew apps. Ive reformatted my sd card too and i nothing changes.

7. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

Ok With the

If I keep my sysnand on 4.1.0 and update emuNAND on lastest fw 6.2 will I not get a black screen ? Not sure if I’m missing something? From reading known bugs in beta 2.4?

OFW 4.1 and lower support: These older firmwares require special care for backwards compatibility, and in this specific release if you use SX OS, your switch will boot to a black screen.
    If you update your sysNAND this will be resolved for you. If you don't want to do that (day dreaming about the sloooowwwww booting dejavu exploit that will probably never be released) then you will have to wait for the next edition of SX OS for this to be fixed.

8. TPMJB

TPMJB Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    Syracuse, New York
    So...I dumped all the keys to my SD card using Hekate in 4.1, then install Choidujor to run 6.2. So far so good, but Lockpick couldn't get the tegra keys. So I rebooted into hekate and redumped my keys in hekate. Atmosphere wouldn't boot.

Weird...so I rebooted the console and now it won't boot hekate at all.

I have no idea what to do now.

Edit: I printed fuse info an kfuse info. I think I wasn't supposed to touch kfuse info

Edit2: Restored backups, all is working now. So glad I saved backups!

Edit3: Somehow my issue with dumping the Tegra keys is fixed now, which is why I went through this trouble to begin with. Well, hopefully I can install .csi files now.

Last edited by TPMJB, Dec 15, 2018
  9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Alright you may have a rare issue where your Switch doesn't detect payloads on the SD card as seen here.
    This warning applies to load OFW with SX OS V2.4. The logical conclusion would be to not load OFW with SX OS V2.4

10. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    use SX OS, your switch will boot to a black screen
    H
    as any confirmed this? It didn’t mention OFW Just If use SX OS. Will sysnand on 4.1.0 it still be useful for me if it’s not loadable?

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You do understand you can load OFW without SX OS right?

12. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Ok I understand better know. Would the black screen boot coz any damage?

Why did they say If you update your sysNAND this will be resolved for you instead of
    Don’t use sx ox to boot sysnand or OFW something?

What use would be from loading sysnand 4.1.0 anyhow?

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It shouldn't cause any damage but as long as you have a complete NAND backup (meaning boot0/boot1 and a rawnand.bin), you will be fine from 99% of all bricks.

The reason they say updating SysNAND would solve the issue is that some people boot OFW with SX OS and if V2.4 doesn't support firmwares 4.1 and below, aside from using another version of SX OS, you would use a firmware above 4.1

And the benefits of a SysNAND on 4.1 is being able to use the future warmboot exploit, Deja Vu, as well as any other exploits such as a theoretical untethered coldboot.

14. rustb0y

rustb0y Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for your help on this, just tried a Kingston 8gb sd card and boom all working on kosmos, ordered a 128gb sd now so happy days now I know which sd card works. Thanks again

15. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Is it just me who wants sysnand on 4.1.0 they didn’t mention that u could keep it there and just update emuNAND weird
    Are they not talking about ppl who want to boot cfw on sysnand 4.1.0?

Do u think I would be better using 2.0.1 stable and forgetting about emuNAND on beta ?
    Or forget about keeping sysnand on 4.1.0?
    Or is this way still my best setup chance?

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Most likely, yes.

And like I said earlier, eventually games and other content will require higher firmware such as 6.2 so you will need to use SX OS V2.4 or higher at some point. Who knows when they'll release a more stable update that works on firmwares 6.2 and higher.

17. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So what u think my best way available now is ? Wat would u advise to do?

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There is no best way. That all depends on what you want to do and what you want to accomplish. This is also why many consider the Switch scene a mess because there is no definitive CFW like the 3DS scene for example.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  19. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

Yeah defo took me longer to learn and thinking about the best way. I think that way above if it’s possible with sx os for now with easy way then I change to community down the road. On the emuNAND sx os wats the best method of running that? Just found out there was three different ways have they pros and cons?
    Will I just use jtag and sleep mode for staying in cfw the way I’m going it?
    Will I be able to get out of black screen if I do boot ofw by mistake ? And coz it’s lower firmware I won’t have blown any fuses.

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I'm not going to sift through 24 pages of the 2.4 release thread so my analysis is only limited to what their announcement says and what hexkyz has tweeted out.

The major difference between it being on the SD card and internal storage is that the SD card is far less detectable at the cost of taking up space on your card. Not sure what is the difference between partitioning your SD card and making a file but the former formats your SD card so if you're impatient, the latter seems like a shortcut.

Sleep mode is fine as long as the firmware you are running has a fuse count that either matches or exceeds it.

You can just perform a manual shutdown (holding power for 12 seconds) to get out of a black screen. This solves 99% of issues with booting the console on or off.