Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Darken-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got my switch this week, so I'm very new to this. I would like to know if it's safe to play online with a cfw as long as the game is an original copy from eshop.

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Draxzelex Thank you :).

Two other questions :

- I am trying to boot into RCM using a jig in the right controller tray, and pressing Volume+/Power. Screen stay black, no Nintendo logo, as it should. When I connect to the computer, Hekate dosen't reorganize my device. I tried a few time by removing and reinserting the jig, but still nothing. How can I get the console to be recognized by Hekate?

- Also, I have a brand new SD card formatted to exfat. Since it require Internet to be used (I have never used it with the switch and it needs activation), does it mean that I need to wait for the 6.2 hack to be released before getting any CFW?
If on Windows do you find an APX Device in your Device Manager?

Also what does TegraRCM Smash Gui shows?

pollardg80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought my switch and its running firmware 4.1, I followed all the steps in the guide to launch homebrew and I launch the firmware CFW in RCM mode but when I get back to the home screen its telling me to update my system to be able to read my sd card. I need help can someone please tell me what to do from here? I really don't want to update and end up with firmware 6.2

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello noob question here,

I have a mario oddysey bundle nonpatch, but my firware is 6.0 , can i still install cfw? thanks
You don't "install" CFW, you run it but yes you can use CFW/homebrew.
@Draxzelex Thank you :).

Two other questions :

- I am trying to boot into RCM using a jig in the right controller tray, and pressing Volume+/Power. Screen stay black, no Nintendo logo, as it should. When I connect to the computer, Hekate dosen't reorganize my device. I tried a few time by removing and reinserting the jig, but still nothing. How can I get the console to be recognized by Hekate?

- Also, I have a brand new SD card formatted to exfat. Since it require Internet to be used (I have never used it with the switch and it needs activation), does it mean that I need to wait for the 6.2 hack to be released before getting any CFW?
  1. Try connecting the Switch to the computer before you enter RCM
  2. Format your SD card to FAT32. If it is bigger than 32 GB, you will need to use a third-party tool such as GUIFormat.
Is that going to stop the eshop's .nsp files from being shared for future games? Especially updates and DLC since you can't rip those from from cartridges.
No because .NSP files can be dumped from RCM which cannot be patched via a firmware update.
I got my switch this week, so I'm very new to this. I would like to know if it's safe to play online with a cfw as long as the game is an original copy from eshop.
This thread details the safest way to play online with a hacked console.
I just bought my switch and its running firmware 4.1, I followed all the steps in the guide to launch homebrew and I launch the firmware CFW in RCM mode but when I get back to the home screen its telling me to update my system to be able to read my sd card. I need help can someone please tell me what to do from here? I really don't want to update and end up with firmware 6.2
That prompt is for the exFAT patch which your SD card is currently formatted to. Format your SD card to FAT32. If it is bigger than 32 GB, you will need to use a third-party tool such as GUIFormat.

Reactions: nutsack

weincruz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, a quick noob question. I have a patched Nintendo Switch XAW700200.... Any chance patched units will be jail breakable in the future? Any recent update on this issue?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, a quick noob question. I have a patched Nintendo Switch XAW700200.... Any chance patched units will be jail breakable in the future? Any recent update on this issue?
It might be a while before we have an exploit for patched units. I advise looking for an unpatched one. If its used, make sure it is not running firmware 6.2

Reactions: weincruz

Tekimoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Very important question please ansewr.If I install for example Reinx on my switch , will I be able to play the nsp installed games on my tv with the Dock?

And also Will I be able to use the gamecube controller adapter at the same time?

Tekimoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes and yes.
Thanks very much.Another question if you or anyone else knows,about the getting banned issue, I dont wont to play online at all for now, I just want to instal Reinx because from what I usdrstand it is the only cfw right now that you can play free games on, but my question is will the console be banned just by installing reinx?I repeat that I dont want to play online games at all right now.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks very much.Another question if you or anyone else knows,about the getting banned issue, I dont wont to play online at all for now, I just want to instal Reinx because from what I usdrstand it is the only cfw right now that you can play free games on, but my question is will the console be banned just by installing reinx?I repeat that I dont want to play online games at all right now.
Yes

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i check my fuses i bought a switch with 6.0.1 immediately updated to 6.1 before doing anything I believe. so it sounds like no fuses were burnt

if its best to be on 5.1 id like to downgrade even tho i have zero problems now. seems more risky to downgrade to 5.1 anyways risking ban going online tho, hmm either way the info would be nice to know how to do ti

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can I play XCI games on ReinX CFW???
Not directly. You have to install the .XCI games with a homebrew application such as dOPUS/n1dus or ZeroTwoXCI.
how do i check my fuses i bought a switch with 6.0.1 immediately updated to 6.1 before doing anything I believe. so it sounds like no fuses were burnt

if its best to be on 5.1 id like to downgrade even tho i have zero problems now. seems more risky to downgrade to 5.1 anyways risking ban going online tho, hmm either way the info would be nice to know how to do ti
If the console came on firmware 6.X, its fuses are most likely already burnt to a count of 7 meaning you can't downgrade to 5.X without bypassing the fuse check aka using a substitute bootloader. You can check your fuse count with either Hekate or briccmii.

Ryan1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not directly. You have to install the .XCI games with a homebrew application such as dOPUS/n1dus or ZeroTwoXCI.
If the console came on firmware 6.X, its fuses are most likely already burnt to a count of 7 meaning you can't downgrade to 5.X without bypassing the fuse check aka using a substitute bootloader. You can check your fuse count with either Hekate or briccmii.
thnxz i will do more research for the applications

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive never used hekate or briccmii and not sure where to find them ? homebrew section?

and the nsw was stock not like modded or anything so im just not sure how the whole fuse process works I suppose updating at all thru nintendos servers must burn them with the implied context of your response :)

Gehirnstaub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone,

I have some questions /problems (?) and I hope someone can help me out. So I own a switch since day 1 + SX Pro (Dongle + Jig)
I think I made a backup of my NAND so far but thats it.
My switch is currently on 5.1.0 BUT I used ChoiDujourNX to get on this firmware. If I remember right, AutoRCM is enabled by "default" after updating to 5.1.0 (or whatever FW that would burn fuses)
So the first problem is, that I can't boot into SX CFW even with the jig + dongle (RCM is activated). The only way is to get a USB cable and sent the CTCaer Hekate payload to the switch and from this part I inject the SX Payload, so I can finally boot into SX. Is there maybe a "fix" or other way to do it?

My second question is if it is necessary to "protect" the fuses? I mean after seraching for some tools / homebrews they'll always get updates for the newest FW. I mean everything works so far but it is kinda laborious to get everything running. Isn't a Mod Chip like SwitchME the best choice for me?

and the last question: What is the difference between XCI and NSP? NSP will be installed on the NAND or how can I imagine that? With SX I only put the XCI on the SD card and thats it. So is the NSP basicly an internal installation?

Thanks in advance for any helpful comment.

Last edited by Gehirnstaub,

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it too late to make a backup of your nand after you have updated/ran installed cfw?

i have NOT done that yet and now have a memory card and time to spare to do this, if its not too late whats the most simple method of getting this done - as I understand its around 29 gb of space that will be used and it takes several hours for it to complete :( do you need to make a bakcup of this everytime you switch fw ? or upgrade? and then whats the method of actually using this backup to help you in a situation where you are bricked or stuck and would have to use this at all? worst fear would be a corrupted sd card for myself based on reasons ive read it happening so not too concerned but safe than sorry is the way to go

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...