Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive never used hekate or briccmii and not sure where to find them ? homebrew section?

and the nsw was stock not like modded or anything so im just not sure how the whole fuse process works I suppose updating at all thru nintendos servers must burn them with the implied context of your response :)
You know Google is a thing...

And for fuses, they are burnt when you are running a firmware higher than the fuse count with the stock bootloader. Updating officially doesn't burn the fuses; its when the console reboots after installing the update that fuses are burnt.
Hello everyone,

I have some questions /problems (?) and I hope someone can help me out. So I own a switch since day 1 + SX Pro (Dongle + Jig)
I think I made a backup of my NAND so far but thats it.
My switch is currently on 5.1.0 BUT I used ChoiDujourNX to get on this firmware. If I remember right, AutoRCM is enabled by "default" after updating to 5.1.0 (or whatever FW that would burn fuses)
So the first problem is, that I can't boot into SX CFW even with the jig + dongle (RCM is activated). The only way is to get a USB cable and sent the CTCaer Hekate payload to the switch and from this part I inject the SX Payload, so I can finally boot into SX. Is there maybe a "fix" or other way to do it?

My second question is if it is necessary to "protect" the fuses? I mean after seraching for some tools / homebrews they'll always get updates for the newest FW. I mean everything works so far but it is kinda laborious to get everything running. Isn't a Mod Chip like SwitchME the best choice for me?

and the last question: What is the difference between XCI and NSP? NSP will be installed on the NAND or how can I imagine that? With SX I only put the XCI on the SD card and thats it. So is the NSP basicly an internal installation?

Thanks in advance for any helpful comment.
  1. I've never heard of this issue with the SX Pro. Although if you have AutoRCM, you don't need the jig anymore. Ensure that you fully power down the console. If it has AutoRCM installed, this has to be done from RCM as powering it down from Horizon (e.g. CFW/OFW) will cause it to reboot into RCM. Acceptable shutdown options include Hekate's Power Off function or performing a manual shutdown. Then once the console is fully powered off, press the power button once so AutoRCM causes it to boot into RCM. Without the jig, instead just plug the dongle in and see what happens
  2. The reason why you wouldn't burn fuses is in case a future exploit comes out for lower firmwares that doesn't need a jig and USB cable/dongle/modchip. Some users have not even hacked their console yet as they find the current exploit too involved. If you don't mind using the current exploit until the end of time, you can burn your fuses. If you want to at least keep your options open, then do not burn them. I also don't think avoiding burning fuses is laborious in the slightest. In fact, not having burnt fuses usually leads to less problems such as for those who burnt a fuse when updating to 6.2. That firmware breaks all CFW so if they hadn't burnt a fuse, they would be able to downgrade without ease but since the fuse was burnt, when they downgrade, they lose sleep mode
  3. .NSP is the format for content that is installed and can go on either the SD card or the NAND. .XCI is a copy of a retail Switch cartridge. .NSP are slightly faster as well as smaller than .XCI files but cannot be loaded from an HDD like .XCI files; they each have their own advantages and disadvantages.
is it too late to make a backup of your nand after you have updated/ran installed cfw?

i have NOT done that yet and now have a memory card and time to spare to do this, if its not too late whats the most simple method of getting this done - as I understand its around 29 gb of space that will be used and it takes several hours for it to complete :( do you need to make a bakcup of this everytime you switch fw ? or upgrade? and then whats the method of actually using this backup to help you in a situation where you are bricked or stuck and would have to use this at all? worst fear would be a corrupted sd card for myself based on reasons ive read it happening so not too concerned but safe than sorry is the way to go
If you have ran CFW before making a NAND backup, it won't be "clean" anymore (by clean, I mean safe for restoring prior to going online in case you want to avoid being banned) but the first step towards any hacking is making a NAND backup. The best tool to do so is Hekate (again, Google is your friend) which can also restore the NAND. If your console ever gets bricked, RCM will always work and Hekate is loaded in RCM so it will be able to restore your NAND in those situations. Also a corrupted SD card won't brick the console, it'll only affect the SD card. Lastly, you should make a new NAND backup every time you burn fuses since the previous NAND backup won't match the new fuse count of the console.

Light9384

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Seelbreaker
Replugged it in a USB port I had forgotten to try before to find the exact message from TegraRCM, it seems to work now. :)
Earlier today, my PC wasn't detecting the device at all, it must have been that.

@Draxzelex
Thank you! It works now. Earlier today, the Switch would turn itself on into 'normal' mode when connected after booting into recovery mode and I thought it was normal. Now, it stays in recovery mode. I have just sent a payload and I am currently doing my NAND backup. :D

silverpalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all
if i want to do a nand backup using Hekate's i have to backup the nand plus boot 0/1
is that the only things i need to backup,also as im using exfat it will be just large file
but as im on windows 10 i need to make im not on a certain one incase not all files transfer to pc is this still correct
thank you

blopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey folks. Is it possible to hack the Switch, edit a save, unhack it and keep the save and play online etc? I am not looking for cheats, I just want to have my BOTW Wii U save on my Switch

CharizardMen99

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since I'm a noob with switch hacking, I got a few questions...

I wanna hack my switch to play Smash and also for cloud saves of ALL games, but I'm scared of getting banned if I do that, anyone here knows a tutorial that say how to hack the switch without getting banned?

And the same thing goes for smash, if I hack it, I would like to play it without getting banned

Karon1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to drag and drop files onto the switch from the PC? Don't want to put my SD Card in my phone every time I want to put something on it...

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What??You get banned for using CFW even you dont go online?
Nintendo collects a lot of telemetry data, if you go online it sends it to their servers, which lets them know what you did.

--------------
I got a quick question:

I got some Money on my Account and did some Splatoon 2 Savegame editing on 5.1.0.
As far as I know Im not banned (still on 5.1.0), so I wanted to do a system transfer (to keep my save games for online games (MK8D, Splatoon 2...) to a clean console before I start playing Smash Bros.

Would it be possible to update to 6.2.0 without burning fuses with given methods and then use a clean backup for a lower firmware to sell the donor console for homebrew? Or is 6.2.0 breaking the RCM stuff too, so I wouldn't be able to restore a backup?
And is it possible to check if Im banned on 5.1.0?

Last edited by INobody,

cremebrulee

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought a switch with XAJ700413 serial number on 4.1.0 firmware. I don't know yet if it's patched or not (searching the forum made me believe it must be the last model before the patch so I cross my fingers). I've ordered a jig on ebay but have to wait for the delivery. In the meantime I have a few questions:
- I have saves of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the switch of a friend. I won't be able to access that switch anymore since tomorrow (reason I bought a new one). His switch is the launch model, updated to 6.2 and he doesn't want to modify it so I can't dump them and I couldn't do the account transfer as it was requiring my switch to be upgraded to the latest firmware (I believe).
- I uploaded my saves to nintendo cloud. Will I be able to recover them on my 4.1.0 switch? Or will I have to wait for someone to release a CFW for 6.2?
- Doing this could result in banning my console (a one shot connexion on nintendo servers to download my previous saves) ?
I don't really need any online apart for updating games as I don't intend to play multiplayer games.

- Before I receive my jig is there a way for me to update the xenoblade chronicles 2 for playing with latest patchs while staying in 4.1.0? I'm thinking of starting the game over on my switch but would like to have the game corrections that were released if possible.

Last edited by cremebrulee,

Tekimoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Nintendo collects a lot of telemetry data, if you go online it sends it to their servers, which lets them know what you did.

--------------
I got a quick question:

I got some Money on my Account and did some Splatoon 2 Savegame editing on 5.1.0.
As far as I know Im not banned (still on 5.1.0), so I wanted to do a system transfer (to keep my save games for online games (MK8D, Splatoon 2...) to a clean console before I start playing Smash Bros.

Would it be possible to update to 6.2.0 without burning fuses with given methods and then use a clean backup for a lower firmware to sell the donor console for homebrew? Or is 6.2.0 breaking the RCM stuff too, so I wouldn't be able to restore a backup?
And is it possible to check if Im banned on 5.1.0?
Yeah but does the instalation process of cfw (Reinx for example) require you to go online?Because if it doesnt I am not planning to go online for a lot of time so I am safe from getting banned right?

BatenKaitos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch ver. 6.1.0. I used atmosphere for a bit, installed an NSP on my sd card.

Is it possible to update to 6.2 if I don't re-inject atmosphere and delete all data from SD card? (I'm fine with not being able to CFW again)
If not, may I have a brief explanation as to why this is the case?

Last edited by BatenKaitos,

Tekimoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.I have a question.If my switch is for example on version 4.1 and I am using Reinx CFW, Will I be able to play an NSP game that normally requires a higher firmware(for example 6.1) to play?
for example Pokemon Lets Go or Super smash bros Ultimate?
If no will I have the option to update somehow for example to 6.1 and not to the latest 6.2 knowing that 6.2 breaks the cfw?

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Switch ver. 6.1.0. I used atmosphere for a bit, installed an NSP on my sd card.

Is it possible to update to 6.2 if I don't re-inject atmosphere and delete all data from SD card? (I'm fine with not being able to CFW again)
If not, may I have a brief explanation as to why this is the case?

No.
There are logs on your switch, which will get sent to Nintendo if you connect to the internet. Also there could be traces from the nsp Installation like a invalid ticket.

You have to restore a pre homebrew nand backup

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah but does the instalation process of cfw (Reinx for example) require you to go online?Because if it doesnt I am not planning to go online for a lot of time so I am safe from getting banned right?
Do you have a full NAND Backup from before you started?
If you restore that before you go online you should be fine

Tekimoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
No.
There are logs on your switch, which will get sent to Nintendo if you connect to the internet. Also there could be traces from the nsp Installation like a invalid ticket.

You have to restore a pre homebrew nand backup
And then he is good to go online after that?And how does he backup his nand at first place without leaving traces?

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And then he is good to go online after that?And how does he backup his nand at first place without leaving traces?
Should be fine.
Hekate can back up before Nitendos os (was it horizon?) boots. The logs should be a horizon only thing. I think there was a way to create a new NAND for people who didn’t make a backup, maybe that way one could make a clean one, but not sure about that.

Tekimoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Should be fine.
Hekate can back up before Nitendos os (was it horizon?) boots. The logs should be a horizon only thing. I think there was a way to create a new NAND for people who didn’t make a backup, maybe that way one could make a clean one, but not sure about that.
I see, about my other question 2 posts up can you please answer if you know?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol