Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will tinfoil network install ever get faster?
Maybe someday.
I just downloaded Tinfoil Master and Edizon Master files from Github,put them on both the root of my Switch SD and in the Switch Folder. Both times when booting up my home-brew on SXOS in the photo album,I cant see an install option for either.

Am I missing something?
You don't install homebrew like that if you are grabbing the .NSP files. If you want to install them, you would download the .NSP versions of those homebrew however the current ones aren't legal so they are not provided on the GitHub pages.
Can my clean NAND backup help me get out of error code 2124-4007 (normal Switch ban for going online)?

Made it while I was setting up ReiNX.

What site would you recommend for downloading updates?
No, if your console is already banned, you cannot unban it with a clean NAND backup because both the backup and the console share the same certificate which is how Nintendo tracks which users to ban. If you are banned, I would highly recommend you check out this thread and submit a ban report.

And for downloading updates, I recommend using https://www.google.com/

Reactions: XaneTenshi

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I just downloaded Tinfoil Master and Edizon Master files from Github,put them on both the root of my Switch SD and in the Switch Folder. Both times when booting up my home-brew on SXOS in the photo album,I cant see an install option for either.

Am I missing something?
That's not how it works. You gotta download them from the "releases" tab. the so-called "master" archive is the repository itself, not the compiled binary.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Can someone please give ma quick reply about this
How.do i fullt uninstall an app on the switch
I got the nes online app from a warez site just to try it out
But now since i got the free trial online subscribtion i'd like to get the legit app from the eshop
How do i properlt delete the old one and removing the fake ticket and all that
Please

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please give ma quick reply about this
How.do i fullt uninstall an app on the switch
I got the nes online app from a warez site just to try it out
But now since i got the free trial online subscribtion i'd like to get the legit app from the eshop
How do i properlt delete the old one and removing the fake ticket and all that
Please
Delete the ticket with tinfoil and the software via software management.

Reactions: NoNAND

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
That's not how it works. You gotta download them from the "releases" tab. the so-called "master" archive is the repository itself, not the compiled binary.
So I think have have the release of Edizon (its downloaded and says SD). Do I just add the two files within (or the whole thing) to the root of my card or in the switch folder?

I cant seem to find Tinfoil as a release, only as a master file

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think have have the release of Edizon (its downloaded and says SD). Do I just add the two files within (or the whole thing) to the root of my card or in the switch folder?

I cant seem to find Tinfoil as a release, only as a master file
Tinfoil doesn't have an official release yet; you have to check the home page for a link to a server that automatically compiles the latest commits.

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Draxzelex thanks for the info the other day and the correct direction to head in.

I was having a issue with a brand new Switch from the store where it refused to sleep. It would just wake back up 5 seconds later. The system was also patched according to the list )=

I brought it back to exchange for another one and recieved a XAW1007XXX new in box.

According to the list it is marked safe to buy (=

I will re-read everything to learn what I need and try to catch up on some things.....THANKS again to everyone involved for the help, progress etc

Reactions: Draxzelex

zboubinou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys.
I have some trouble with tinfoil, he won't install game and give this error code : 0x00234a02.
Maybe it's because i launch OFW for a moment without internet connection. A guy here think it's from there too : https://gbatemp.net/threads/tinfoil-failed-to-install-nsp.515763/
What can i do to make it right again ?
Format my sd ? Then where can i get my saves and games from my sd before formatting ?

thx

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to update using ChoiDujourNX I get error 2144-0001 but cant find what it is or how to fix it please help
Whatever you're using doesn't give ChoiDujourNX the proper permissions to run. If you want a simple solution, just download the latest ReiNX which supplies those permissions by default.
Hi guys.
I have some trouble with tinfoil, he won't install game and give this error code : 0x00234a02.
Maybe it's because i launch OFW for a moment without internet connection. A guy here think it's from there too : https://gbatemp.net/threads/tinfoil-failed-to-install-nsp.515763/
What can i do to make it right again ?
Format my sd ? Then where can i get my saves and games from my sd before formatting ?

thx
According to this thread, that error comes as a result of SD card corruption. Saves are stored on the NAND so those won't be lost upon formatting, but any games on the SD card must either be backed up prior to formatting or reinstalled afterwards.

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been doing a ton of reading and just wanted to ask a couple questions. Is the SX Pro the most recommended method? Is there a method yet to boot straight to CFW without the need of a dongle plugged in etc. If there is a up to date recommended guide on backing up nand and doing it without a SX Pro and just some more basic tools I may have please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been doing a ton of reading and just wanted to ask a couple questions. Is the SX Pro the most recommended method? Is there a method yet to boot straight to CFW without the need of a dongle plugged in etc. If there is a up to date recommended guide on backing up nand and doing it without a SX Pro and just some more basic tools I may have please let me know. Thank you in advance!
There is no such a way to load CFW nor is there any indication on such a solution in the coming days.
Does any other firmware work with XCI
You can either convert them into .NSP files with 4NXCI which all CFW currently support or use the XCI installer homebrew application to install the .XCI files directly into your console.

Reactions: CobraX83

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no such a way to load CFW nor is there any indication on such a solution in the coming days.
You can either convert them into .NSP files with 4NXCI which all CFW currently support or use the XCI installer homebrew application to install the .XCI files directly into your console.

Ok thank you for the response. So essentially RCM is the best you can boot to for now....then you must send a payload over still. If it were shut down and started back up from a cold boot it would no longer need a jig and that is essentially needed just one time if you enable auto RCM? Thanks again for the help and just trying to figure out the best method and features. I do not mind supporting the SX Pro if need be etc.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you for the response. So essentially RCM is the best you can boot to for now....then you must send a payload over still. If it were shut down and started back up from a cold boot it would no longer need a jig and that is essentially needed just one time if you enable auto RCM? Thanks again for the help and just trying to figure out the best method and features. I do not mind supporting the SX Pro if need be etc.
AutoRCM removes the need for a jig while a dongle removes the need for a PC/Android/MacOS/etc. You can also use sleep mode if you don't want to resend a payload to boot into CFW.

Reactions: CobraX83

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh ok that makes sense. I think I may go with the SX Pro but was just curious if you know of a downfall using one.....meaning is there an advantage / feature to another method that Xecutor does not support? Thank you again for the clarification.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh ok that makes sense. I think I may go with the SX Pro but was just curious if you know of a downfall using one.....meaning is there an advantage / feature to another method that Xecutor does not support? Thank you again for the clarification.
Outside of convenience, the only feature that you can find in SX OS/Pro is raw .XCI file loading. While all other CFWs don't support raw .XCI file loading, they do support .NSP loading. There is a tool by the name of 4NXCI that can convert .XCI files into .NSP files. There is also a homebrew app that installs .XCI files for you without need of converting them. However .NSP files are arguably superior to .XCI files since you can load updates and DLC offline as .NSP files; you cannot load DLC nor updates as .XCI files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night