Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k, great.
so a dongle is actually needed if I want it to be as mobile as possible?
Correct.
Ah, with sleepmode you mean, start it at home with my cfw and put it to sleep while traveling?
How long does the battery last in sleep mode?
Off the top of my head, I'm not sure but depending on what you're doing, it should last several days in sleep mode. I think it was around 1% per hour but don't quote me on that.

Reactions: VIERcntHOLZ

VIERcntHOLZ

yep, theres missing an "u".
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, so actually its possible to
Put autoRCM on it, boot the CFW and leave it in sleep mode/just dont power it off so the CFW keeps booted? :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so actually its possible to
Put autoRCM on it, boot the CFW and leave it in sleep mode/just dont power it off so the CFW keeps booted? :)
Yup, sleep mode is highly underrated. If you want, I heard there's some external battery packs for the Switch (not sure if they're officially supported or not though).

VIERcntHOLZ

yep, theres missing an "u".
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sounds good

two last questions:
Can I keep my game dumps/backups installed *cough* on my Micro SD Card and start them from there while I'm on a cfw?
And, can you recommend a decent Guide for "From factory to AutoRCM CFW using a windows PC"? :D

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds good

two last questions:
Can I keep my game dumps/backups installed *cough* on my Micro SD Card and start them from there while I'm on a cfw?
And, can you recommend a decent Guide for "From factory to AutoRCM CFW using a windows PC"? :D
Yes and I recommend following reinx.guide for a full tutorial from out of the box to CFW.

Reactions: VIERcntHOLZ

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did a search but couldn't find anything, so I thought I would ask here. I know there are ways to boot linux on switch from a PC/Mac/Android, but is there a way to boot linux from a dongle? If it's not possible (or at least not possible yet) I would love an explanation why.
Would love to get an answer on this because I haven't gotten one yet.

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a tutorial on how you can push a payload via command line so you know if its patched or not here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-defin...atched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/

Thanks for all the info. I am going to check it out now and see if this unit is patched etc.

*** Edit*** real quick question if you happen to see it....is bridging pin 9 and 10 still ok?. That is what I recall getting mentioned the last time I checked some info on all this out. Thanks again!

Last edited by CobraX83,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Guffelmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just wondering what happens..
My switch is 5.1, offline. No wifi activated or internet wifi key saved up.

If I only play my xci games and never update, I shouldn't get banned or my console won't be flagged.. until I get online.
for example if there is a new game, that requires me to install a newer firmware just to get started.

What happens when I get bannd at that point?
Can I still go offline and play my old games without noticing a difference or will my switch be locked or something? Hope u know what I mean

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering what happens..
My switch is 5.1, offline. No wifi activated or internet wifi key saved up.

If I only play my xci games and never update, I shouldn't get banned or my console won't be flagged.. until I get online.
for example if there is a new game, that requires me to install a newer firmware just to get started.

What happens when I get bannd at that point?
Can I still go offline and play my old games without noticing a difference or will my switch be locked or something? Hope u know what I mean
Make sure Airplane mode is on if you leave the house to protect from Nintendo Hotspots.

It appears Nintendo has upgraded most bans to full CDN bans so you can’t connect to N in any way. Will not effect offline gameplay except in a few cases I have read like playing Doom against the bots. Just stay offline and update manually when the all clear is given which will likely be before any cart shows up with 6.0 on it.

Reactions: Guffelmann

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i add saves from the Internet to my switch like to the SD card? like back in the days of the Wii

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have been doing some digging and I think what you say isn't true. I don't think there are OTG cables that have 56k resistor

There are two types of Type-C to Type-A cables, one is Type-C to Type-A plug, and another is Type-C to Type-A receptacle. The cables play two different roles, and must be built differently.

1. The Type-C to Type-A plug cable is used to connect a legacy USB-A host to modern Type-C device, because the Type-A plug goes only to USB hosts receptacles, and nowhere else. In this case the Type-C end of cable must look like it is USB host, and therefore must have a pull-up to +5V VBUS on CC1 pin. Since the the cable goes to regular USB host with generic capability of 500 mA, the Type-C end of cable must have a 56k pull-up resistor, not 22k, not 10k, to prevent port overcurrent and potential damage to the host.

2. The Type-C to Type-A receptacle cable is used to connect USB Type-C host to any legacy device like a flash drive with Type-A plug. Other legacy devices would require either extra legacy cable, or a different Type-C legacy cable. To make a Type-C host to act as host, the C-end must look as a device, and therefore must have a 5.1k pull-down on CC pin. Essentially this cable is like a legacy "OTG adapter", it converts Type-C host port into Type-A host port.
Source https://electronics.stackexchange.com/a/327955

According to this post this Anker OTG cable has a 5.1k resistor which means it should work fine with the Switch.
Lets say you are right (i don't know your background but according to the context of your post you seem to know some stuff about it), but something goes wrong and the Switch gets fried anyway. Will Nintendo put us off by saying we didn't use their own (official) brand cable (AFAIK nintendo doesn't sell any OTG adapters)?

I'm still worried about this resistor stuff. I did my best to purchase the right USB-C to USB-A cable/OTG adapter and hope that they meet all the (safety) requirements/regulations:

Anker USB-C to USB-A cable

DeLock USB-C to USB-A OTG adapter
DeLock USB-C to USB-A OTG cable (resistor type not mentioned)

(all made in China)

It would probably help me a lot if someone could tell me an easy/accurate (and not too expensive) way to test/diagnose these cables/adapters.

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,
Reactions: thorasgar

lazyolandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I've got a question about game updates.

I'm waiting on my delivery of SX OX Pro, but want to get this straight before hand.

I've got an XCI backup, am I able to install an NSP update? I've realised regions may be important, is this correct? If so, is there any way to find out which update is required?

Thanks.

BATMAN-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi!

I have a short question to Draxzelex, first off I really appreciate every of your posts, it is fantastic
to have someone on this forum that takes the time and effort to share his big knowledge regarding
the Switch hacking scene - big thanks. What is your opinion on AutoRCM in combination with SX OS?

I heard a couple of downsides using it so I did not use it. Are you using it or wouldn't you recommend doing so? Thanks in advance!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I have a short question to Draxzelex, first off I really appreciate every of your posts, it is fantastic
to have someone on this forum that takes the time and effort to share his big knowledge regarding
the Switch hacking scene - big thanks. What is your opinion on AutoRCM in combination with SX OS?

I heard a couple of downsides using it so I did not use it. Are you using it or wouldn't you recommend doing so? Thanks in advance!
It is no different than using AutoRCM from any other homebrew/payload that installs it as well as using it conjunction with any CFW. Just be sure that if you ever power off a console with AutoRCM that you do so in RCM (unless you have a dongle/modchip).

Reactions: BATMAN-

BATMAN-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It is no different than using AutoRCM from any other homebrew/payload that installs it as well as using it conjunction with any CFW. Just be sure that if you ever power off a console with AutoRCM that you do so in RCM (unless you have a dongle/modchip).
Thanks for your clarification! Are you using AutoRCM yourself?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: BATMAN-

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
I just downloaded Tinfoil Master and Edizon Master files from Github,put them on both the root of my Switch SD and in the Switch Folder. Both times when booting up my home-brew on SXOS in the photo album,I cant see an install option for either.

Am I missing something?

IrisZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can my clean NAND backup help me get out of error code 2124-4007 (normal Switch ban for going online)?

Made it while I was setting up ReiNX.

Now that its prompting you for an update, you can either accept the risk and download the update officially or download the update from your warez site of choice and install it the same way you installed the game.

What site would you recommend for downloading updates?

Last edited by IrisZ,
Reactions: ChokingVictim87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...