Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

cnuggs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who says you can't link sigpatches? There's literally a thread that contains them right on this forum:
You're right, I thought you weren't allowed to link them or something. I've been to a multitude of sites and forums trying to figure this out so I must have read it somewhere. Regardless, I got the sigpatches from the link in the forum and still have the same problem.

SOLVED: Was a firmware issue

Last edited by cnuggs,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I cant tank a screen shot, the system Current Version: 1.0.0|AMS 1.4.0E. I know you cant link sigpatches, so I googled them and I got them from...the anime girls..if you know what im sayin ;] I got those and deployed them yesterday.

Do I need a different Firmware?
Are you actually on FW 1.0.0 or are you missing something?

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a random question for anyone here. First off, I'm on a banned Original V1 Switch, with CFW 15.01 AMS. I have burned fuses to update so no going back to old FW.
Is it necessary to backup my Nand everytime I update to newest firmware, and if so, do I need to keep copies of old Nand backups for any reason? Thanks for the help.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a random question for anyone here. First off, I'm on a banned Original V1 Switch, with CFW 15.01 AMS. I have burned fuses to update so no going back to old FW.
Is it necessary to backup my Nand everytime I update to newest firmware, and if so, do I need to keep copies of old Nand backups for any reason? Thanks for the help.

Just keep a nand backup of most recent firmware you updated to.

Staark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do I need to disable AutoRCM before disassembling my switch? I need to replace my screen so It will be almost full disassembly

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to disable AutoRCM before disassembling my switch? I need to replace my screen so It will be almost full disassembly

Just headup you might need newer cartridge reader because sometime the screen might not be compatible with the cartridge reader, doesn't matter if it was in autorcm or not, if you are on higher firmware and lower fuse count maybe leave it in autorcm.

Staark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just headup you might need newer cartridge reader because sometime the screen might not be compatible with the cartridge reader, doesn't matter if it was in autorcm or not, if you are on higher firmware and lower fuse count maybe leave it in autorcm.
If they are incompatible, would the switch still work other than not being able to read cartridges?

Drachenlibelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello!

I hacked my Switch about 2.5 years ago with Hekate and everything worked fine. Since I had cheated a few items for me and my girlfriend in Pokemon Sword and Animal Crossing, I had also used the Switch for some time (about 2-3 months) in CFW Sysnand was not banned. Then I hadn't used the Switch for a long time and now wanted to play a few rounds again.

My questions now would be:
1. What is the best way to update the Switch (Sysnand and Emunand), since I plan to spawn some items online again? I have AIO Switch Updater, Daybreak and Edizon SE installed but have not done anything yet without prior advice.
2. My girlfriend would like to play some more unknown games offline and there my question would be if I can now install NSPs on the CFW emunand without getting banned directly on the CFW sysnand for doing so? My emunand is running in airplane mode all the time. In the album I had seen that the installed homebrew apps on my CFW sysnand and CFW emunand are the same and now I don't know if I just reinstalled them or if they are always the same as on the emunand.

I would be very grateful for help :)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone.

I keep getting this error every time I try booting into Atmosphere. When the Home menu is about to show up, all I get is the Atmosphere error screen below saying this error.

Just so you know, I don't have the atmosphere/contents/010000000000001000 or 01000000000000100c folder.

Atmosphere is currently on 1.4.0. OFW is on 15.0.1. I've deleted my atmosphere, bootloader and switch folders and reinstalled everything, but nothing happens. I usually try booting into CFW by chain-loading fusee.bin from Hekate.

I'm also including the two fatal-reports generated. Bear in mind I do not have anything on my SD card named 010000000000001000 or 01000000000000100c, unless there are other copies of this folder. It was working well earlier today, but I had booted it back to OFW earlier. Now, a fwe moments ago when I tried booting back into CFW, it started doing this. I tried reading through other threads but I couldn't find anything to solve my issue.

I'll be really grateful for any help you can provide.

View attachment 348542

this error is generic and can be multiple things. Looks like qlaunch bombed on one error and then overlayDisp in the other. Those things can point to themes but if you’ve already looked in /atmosphere/contents/ for those folders and they don’t exist then we have to look elsewhere.

first thing: is your SDCard formatted with exfat or fat32?

it seem you are you able to boot into regular OFW. Please confirm any issues you see while booted up in OFW.

let’s try and boot into maintenance mode by doing steps 1 and 2 and then reboot and try again without doing step 3:
https://en-americas-support.nintend...to-update-nintendo-switch-in-maintenance-mode
Post automatically merged:

Hello!

I hacked my Switch about 2.5 years ago with Hekate and everything worked fine. Since I had cheated a few items for me and my girlfriend in Pokemon Sword and Animal Crossing, I had also used the Switch for some time (about 2-3 months) in CFW Sysnand was not banned. Then I hadn't used the Switch for a long time and now wanted to play a few rounds again.

My questions now would be:
1. What is the best way to update the Switch (Sysnand and Emunand), since I plan to spawn some items online again? I have AIO Switch Updater, Daybreak and Edizon SE installed but have not done anything yet without prior advice.
2. My girlfriend would like to play some more unknown games offline and there my question would be if I can now install NSPs on the CFW emunand without getting banned directly on the CFW sysnand for doing so? My emunand is running in airplane mode all the time. In the album I had seen that the installed homebrew apps on my CFW sysnand and CFW emunand are the same and now I don't know if I just reinstalled them or if they are always the same as on the emunand.

I would be very grateful for help :)

going online with “backups” of games installed as .nsp or .xci without proper protection is a sure way to get banned. If you have these things on your emunand, make sure you are not connecting to Ninty by following the following guide.

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

your emunand is initially an identical copy of your sysnand so any games installed in Sysnand will also appear in Emunand. Your homebrew apps appear as a function of running CFW so if yiu run CFW on emunand and then run it on Sysnand, the CFW will see the same homebrew installed in the /switch foldev and this look identical…because, well, they are. No need to reinstall apps to make this happen. It‘s just how it works.

in General, running just atmosphere doesn‘t get you banned by itself. The author of Atmosphere has been running this way for years w/o issue. The unpublished “rules” that Ninty has in place could change in the future though so you will need to decide yourself if you want to continue hacking your Switch and accept the risk. In my case I only connect to Ninty servers using a 100% clean Sysnand while my Emunand only runs while blocked and blanked using dns:mitm and exosphere as documented in the link above.

to update your Emunand you can go through this guide:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

I always recommend going through the “on PC“ version which is manual vs any automated updaters so you can become familiar with everything. Once you know what you’re doing there you can try out AIO and if there are any issues you will have enough knowledge to troubleshoot and fix your Switch easier. AIO isn’t a replacement for knowing how things work, just a short cut for those who already do.

The guide recommends installing firmware on Sysnand and then dumping said firmware for use in upgrading your emunand. You can skip right to upgrading emunand by searching for Darthsternie firmware on the Internet.

high level upgrade steps are always CFW+Hekate first, once confirmed working only then do you upgrade Firmware.

Last edited by binkinator,

Drachenlibelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this error is generic and can be multiple things. Looks like qlaunch bombed on one error and then overlayDisp in the other. Those things can point to themes but if you’ve already looked in /atmosphere/contents/ for those folders and they don’t exist then we have to look elsewhere.

it seem you are you able to boot into regular OFW. Please confirm any issues you see while booted up in OFW.

let’s try and boot into maintenance mode by doing steps 1 and 2 and then reboot and try again without doing step 3:
https://en-americas-support.nintend...to-update-nintendo-switch-in-maintenance-mode

going online with “backups” of games installed as .nsp or .xci without proper protection is a sure way to get banned. If you have these things on your emunand, make sure you are not connecting to Ninty by following the following guide.

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

your emunand is initially an identical copy of your sysnand so any games installed in Sysnand will also appear in Emunand. Your homebrew apps appear as a function of running CFW so if yiu run CFW on emunand and then run it on Sysnand, the CFW will see the same homebrew installed in the /switch foldev and this look identical…because, well, they are. No need to reinstall apps to make this happen. It‘s just how it works.

in General, running just atmosphere doesn‘t get you banned by itself. The author of Atmosphere has been running this way for years w/o issue. The unpublished “rules” that Ninty has in place could change in the future though so you will need to decide yourself if you want to continue hacking your Switch and accept the risk. In my case I only connect to Ninty servers using a 100% clean Sysnand while my Emunand only runs while blocked and blanked using dns:mitm and exosphere as documented in the link above.

to update your Emunand you can go through this guide:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

I always recommend going through the “on PC“ version which is manual vs any automated updaters so you can become familiar with everything. Once you know what you’re doing there you can try out AIO and if there are any issues you will have enough knowledge to troubleshoot and fix your Switch easier. AIO isn’t a replacement for knowing how things work, just a short cut for those who already do.

The guide recommends installing firmware on Sysnand and then dumping said firmware for use in upgrading your emunand. You can skip right to upgrading emunand by searching for Darthsternie firmware on the Internet.

high level upgrade steps are always CFW+Hekate first, once confirmed working only then do you upgrade Firmware.

Thanks already for your detailed help.

So if I understand correctly, once I install an NSP on the CFW emunand, the game is also present on the CFW sysnand, since both get their data from the same /switch folder, and that would mean an instant lock for me as soon as I go online with the CFW sysnand, correct?

Kunzel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hey there, my SD Card is formatted with fat32. But am I looking for something specific when booted up in OFW? I don't have any issues with it, but I'm not sure about what I should be looking for.

Also, should I try booting back into CFW after going into maintenance mode?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, my SD Card is formatted with fat32. But am I looking for something specific when booted up in OFW? I don't have any issues with it, but I'm not sure about what I should be looking for.
That’s great actually. If you don’t have a lot of games installed on emunand, we can backup your current emunand using Hekate and then create a new Emunand from a backup of your working Sysnand (also using Hekate.)
Also, should I try booting back into CFW after going into maintenance mode?
Yes. Give it a shot. Sometimes this works to reset things.

Reactions: Kunzel

Kunzel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That’s great actually. If you don’t have a lot of games installed on emunand, we can backup your current emunand using Hekate and then create a new Emunand from a backup of your working Sysnand (also using Hekate.)
I have a few, so I'm not sure if that would be viable... Not a *lot* of games, but I believe they're heavy. I have Mario Kart 8, Bayo3, Pokémon Scarlet and Fire Emblem Engage. Do you think it's alright to backup this emunand? I wouldn't mind having to delete it and start over with a new one emunand if needed.

Yes. Give it a shot. Sometimes this works to reset things.

I tried it, but got the same error unfortunately.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

are there any known bugs for tesla? i did not use it before until now. I want to use edizone for cheats on some games. I installed it as the tutorials on youtube etc. say. But i cant get it working.
I have Firmware 15.0.0, Athmos 1.4.0. Both overlays are there. Edizon even say that i have cheats for the game i want cheat on. But i cant get to show the tesla menu.

Even cheat updater nro crashes every time i want to download cheats (maybe bc i have the cheats for the game i want cheat on already?)

edit: latest athmos and sig patches also installed.

I´d be grateful for every help.

There’s nothing bug related that would prevent these tools from working perfectly in FW 15.0.0/AMS 1.4.0

Check out the main docs here and double check your work.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-the-nintendo-switch-overlay-menu.557362/

one departure from the docs is you should use this updated version of the Edizon overlay:

Please see this for the solution:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/after-t...and-i-cannot-open-tesla.621963/#post-10001862

I have a few, so I'm not sure if that would be viable... Not a *lot* of games, but I believe they're heavy. I have Mario Kart 8, Bayo3, Pokémon Scarlet and Fire Emblem Engage. Do you think it's alright to backup this emunand? I wouldn't mind having to delete it and start over with a new one emunand if needed.
it‘s totally fine to back up this emunand. The big thing that’s retained in *nand are game saves. I always protect those no matter what. The games themselves are typically stored on the SDCard unless you specifically told the installer to put it in System memory. Doing a backup just makes sure we can get back to where you are now should something go sideways.

This will take a little time but as long as we have backups there is zero risk.

Lets start by going into Hekate and making a backup of current emunand.

Here’s a quick writeup on how to do that with Hekate:

https://rentry.org/BackupRestoreNAND

very important: the instructions are for backing up Sysnand and we want to flip the setting that allows us to backup emunand instead.

I tried it, but got the same error unfortunately.
No worries. Let’s keep moving to the next phase.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Kunzel

Tiduran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Thanks for your response! dumb question: do i have to put the master data (tesla master, edizon master and beta master) in specific folder? besides the overlay types ofc, they are in .overlays folder (does it care if have multiple overlays in the folder?)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your response! dumb question: do i have to put the master data (tesla master, edizon master and beta master) in specific folder? besides the overlay types ofc, they are in .overlays folder (does it care if have multiple overlays in the folder?)
Your use of the word “master” for each of these packages confuses me. Please share a screenshot of what we’re talking about to help clarify.

‘’I want to make sure you are downloading the zip file under the latest releases button for each of these packages (like so)

1674308695245.png

(You should not be clicking the big blue button that says code)

Tiduran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know its a mess but i hope we can get it work. i put all the files in the root of the sd and overwrote them where it was necessary. And the overlays are in the overlay folder as the pictures show.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 2.png
    2.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.png
    3.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 63

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: I was just trying to get the US/EU NTR plugin for Hyrule warriors, but the link is busted. does...