Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hei02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'm pretty done with Wii U hack (Tiramisu, WiiUvc, Nintendont etc).
Now I'm watching to buy a new Switch Oled! It's not clear for me if I can hack it to play the last games (with the last firmware as it would be a new one) ? With Atmosphere all should be ok ? Thanks you guys

Last edited by Hei02,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm pretty good with Wii U hack (Tiramisu, WiiUvc, Nintendont etc).
And know I'm watching to buy a new Switch Oled! It's not clear for me if I can hack it to play the last games (with the last firmware as it would be a new one) ? With Atmosphere all should be ok ? Thanks you guys
The only way to hack an OLED Nintendo Switch is soldering a modchip inside.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not being able to make breeze to work grrrr:whip:

I installed only breeze.nro into switch\breeze\ folder, it comes with a lot of other files maybe it needs them?

Anyway I downloaded all the cheats database and put them as switch\breeze\cheats\titles.zip

After I open a game I open breeze, go to cheats and put open from cheats file but the bastard says "cheats loading error" while in fact breeze actually accessed the titles.zip and even create a .txt with the game ID with all the cheats inside while the app keeps showing no cheats and I do know there's cheats for this exact title ID inside the zip...

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not being able to make breeze to work grrrr:whip:

I installed only breeze.nro into switch\breeze\ folder, it comes with a lot of other files maybe it needs them?

Anyway I downloaded all the cheats database and put them as switch\breeze\cheats\titles.zip

After I open a game I open breeze, go to cheats and put open from cheats file but the bastard says "cheats loading error" while in fact breeze actually accessed the titles.zip and even create a .txt with the game ID with all the cheats inside while the app keeps showing no cheats and I do know there's cheats for this exact title ID inside the zip...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ sorry to hear, Good luck and keep at it, you will figure it out eventually! :yayswitch:

Reactions: guily6669

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ sorry to hear, Good luck and keep at it, you will figure it out eventually! :yayswitch:
Nop, already gave up.

Thought it was going to be a "breeze" but it's a headache instead :P

Nobody knows if AIO updater can't have all the cheats database offline? (Already tried Switch\aio-switch-updater\cheats\titles.zip but nothing, can't see any info on their GitHub either:whip:...

As a bonus I also tried tinfoil like Switch\tinfoil\cheats\titles.zip but also doesn't work in it and can't also find any info on how to add custom cheats into-it on their website FAQ...

Edit: oh and breeze GitHub claims Edizon can also have the cheats as Switch\edizon\cheats\titles.zip and yeah doesn't work either, only breeze could read from titles.zip but just throws errors and shows no cheats...

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also don't want to put them in the atmosphere\content folder as they are too much that will most likely lag like hell.
I have tons of cheat files in Atmos/ Contents/ 00EXAMPLE00/ cheats for bunch dif games that I copied to switch from pc (FTP), and my switch never has any lag problems. I have OG v1 switch CFW 15.0.1, and use edizon or breeze to turn cheats on/off. I also changed the system.ini file so cheats are not auto enabled. Oh well, good luck anyways.

Reactions: Hayato213

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that and can use that way, but want an app that I can download the whole database and add them offline without having to extract the whole cheats...

Extracting titles.zip or .rar (depending on the version downloaded) even in the PC takes a good amount of time to extract in a fast HDD, it has way too many cheats small files that moving them all to switch make a huge lag that I don't want (it's literally thousands of text files in total in just around 3MB .zip), just putting that folder in my usb card reader and opening the title folder makes switch to freeze wether it's using tinfoil or goldleaf file explorer, tinfoil doesn't even get to open the usb it crashes right away and sometimes even crashes atmosphere...

EDITED, removed the request for AIO updater download file location, I just checked...

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: BigOnYa

rimigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using something like this:

if this is for something else not specifically designed for Switch then it might require a new homebrew. Requests for new homebrew ideas can be made here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-homebrew-ideas-suggestions-requests-here.514524/unread
Yes I am using a gc adapter, it has a wiiu/switch and a pc slider and it works on both modes on my pc, and my wii
It just wont connect to my switch, and i can confrim that it is recieving power as i have a extra 3rd party controller with a light on it that comes on when its connected
Are you using something like this:

if this is for something else not specifically designed for Switch then it might require a new homebrew. Requests for new homebrew ideas can be made here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-homebrew-ideas-suggestions-requests-here.514524/unread

screw_ball69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having issues with the EdiZon cheat menu, I did everything I needed to install it and the cheat updater and I had the overlay come up once and only once and I can not getting it to show up anymore.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think he meant without using a pc or phone....so if there is a new way except what we had.
We already have a term for that and its called untethered coldboot. People have to understand we've already achieved coldboot in the Switch scene. Where else does the name Fusee Gelee come from? Its literally frozen rocket. And Fusee Gelee is most certainly not a warmboot.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i never said we dont have coldboot. what i said is that he asked if we have more/new methods to archive it.
Post automatically merged:

i myself know it. he asked not me.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no, mine is specifically to the state in 2023, and isn't 1883 replies deep.
The Switch Noob's Paradise is always relevant especially for noobs such as yourself. If you used the thread even once, you would understand nobody is commenting on replies 1883 posts deep. The most recent posts are replied to.
i never said we dont have coldboot. what i said is that he asked if we have more/new methods to archive it.
Post automatically merged:

i myself know it. he asked not me.
I never said you said we don't have coldboot. I was referring to the other user. He said any forms of coldbooting CFW outside of trinket which implies that not using a trinket isn't a method of coldbooting CFW.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with the EdiZon cheat menu, I did everything I needed to install it and the cheat updater and I had the overlay come up once and only once and I can not getting it to show up anymore.
Try the following one:
And off course remember to restart atmosphere OS or else I don't think Tesla menu will be working (just go to album and use "reboot to payload")...

Reactions: binkinator

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Switch Noob's Paradise is always relevant especially for noobs such as yourself. If you used the thread even once, you would understand nobody is commenting on replies 1883 posts deep. The most recent posts are replied to.

I never said you said we don't have coldboot. I was referring to the other user. He said any forms of coldbooting CFW outside of trinket which implies that not using a trinket isn't a method of coldbooting CFW.
nvm got ya wrong

Reactions: Draxzelex

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im fairly certain I have the new sigpatches, atmosphere and hekate updates. No problem injecting payloads and starting the switch. When I first tried to install Tinfoil, I would click the self installer and the screen would just go blank and stay there. I tried to use DBI instead, and the same thing would happen. I can press the HOME button to go back. I then tried to use AWOO and TINWOO. I get to the selection screen to install the games, and after selecting files to install and clicking the + symbol, selecting, installation destination, nothing happens.

We need to be absolutely certain of everything in order to,figure out what’s going on. :-)

From the HOME Menu, select “System Settings.”
Scroll down the menu on the left-hand side and select “System.”
The current system menu version will be displayed under “System Update.”
please take a screenshot of that and post it here.

Where did you get your Sigpatches and when did you deploy them?

cnuggs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I cant tank a screen shot, the system Current Version: 1.0.0|AMS 1.4.0E. I know you cant link sigpatches, so I googled them and I got them from...the anime girls..if you know what im sayin ;] I got those and deployed them yesterday.

Do I need a different Firmware?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection