binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im already airplane mode will trying to play non working games,same result
Did you have all those profiles in your Sysnand before you hacked your switch and created your Emunand?

If you don't need all of them while using CFW on Emunand perhaps you can get rid of the others and only use the one profile and then go back and reinstall as that one user. I'm going down a path of perhaps it's confused as to which profile "owns" the game.

You might also try backing up your save games using JKSV and then going into Settings -> Data Management and deleting not only the game but also the save game data and then reinstalling (all using the same profile) and see if the game will load up properly. If it does, then you can restore your game saves with JKSV again.

• jksv — game save manager

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its only XB3

and im on the latest patches and firmware...i'll try to do the maintenance thing you told me right now...

update:
rebooted with maintenance mode and still same issue :( and I've installed the game 3 times with differents installs

Please post where you got your sig patches and also post a screenshot of your System Settings:
hac-screenshot-systemsettings-system_update.jpg

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi ! I'm facing a big conflict in my mind. And I required your advices to help to choose. Here's the subject/problem : At the end of 2022 or in 2023 I would like to have an handhandled that can run 3DS, DSiWare, DS, GBA, GBC, GB and SNES. And my first impression about this problem was to choose the a modded new 3ds xl. Because it offer a great game experience when it run 3DS/DSiWare or DS games. Plus with some application it possible to find a way to display the screens on a TV. After assembly all of this information I was pretty excited to buy and modded a 3ds. But yesterday I found out that switch can run 3ds games, AND dsi ware too(this is just INSANE) and DS game obviously. And this fact just messed my mind a lot, so that's why I'm here. Here's some resume and comparison between the 2 products :

3ds > Can run all I need for sure, with a good game experience. The setup cost a lot about 300€ (3ds + sd card). The product had a good ergonomy and can fit easily in my pocket. Pretty difficult to put the screens on a TV with a good quality. Can emulate DSi ware cia.

Switch > Cost 0€ because I already get a switch. Can emulate DSiware but only by a NAND(so not all DSiware game). Can be easily fit on TV. Cannot easily in my pocket. Except dsiware this prpduct can emulate all I need. And the big BAD point is about hacking my switch. Because I want to know how to not get caught by the big N. I actually not using internet anyway(because I dont pay for online(never)) I this prevent me to get caught ? What's the real risk I'm about to face for this ? If I want to play online(on a legit switch game) is it risky or not ? I very scary about this. That's why I'm here too.

I hope you will help me to choose, I'm very messy about this subject.
There is a huge misconception. While the Switch can technically run 3DS games, it doesn't run them well. The Switch is actually pretty bad for emulation. That's why whenever you see an official release of an older game, they usually port it instead of emulating it. The 3DS is much better for emulating all of the types of games you listed not just from a technical perspective but also because the 3DS has a second screen which can actually be utilized for emulating DS games. Also if you're that worried about getting banned on the Switch, then that's more reason its not for you because Nintendo upped the telemetry on the Switch making it much easier to get banned.
Hello,

I just jailbreaked my nintendo switch and now (in hekate 5.8.0) I can choose between launching emummc, Sys CFW or Stock SYS.

I really dont want to get banned so I installed 90DNS on my EMUMMC. I know that I cant connect with a nintendo server on emummc but can I do that on SYS CFW? Because if the only possibility to play online is through Stock SYS that would mean that I have to go into RCM and inject hekate every time I want to switch between emummc (offline) and Stock SYS (online). Am I allowed to play on SYS CFW online or not? And can I change for example the theme with NXThemes installer or will that get me banned?
First, its not "jailbreaking". Jailbreaking is a term reserved for Playstation consoles and Apple products.

Secondly, going online with any CFW or homebrew can get you banned. That being said, Hekate is neither CFW nor homebrew so its safe to use while going online. I can personally vouch for it as its what I've been using ever since Hekate was released.

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a huge misconception. While the Switch can technically run 3DS games, it doesn't run them well. The Switch is actually pretty bad for emulation. That's why whenever you see an official release of an older game, they usually port it instead of emulating it. The 3DS is much better for emulating all of the types of games you listed not just from a technical perspective but also because the 3DS has a second screen which can actually be utilized for emulating DS games. Also if you're that worried about getting banned on the Switch, then that's more reason its not for you because Nintendo upped the telemetry on the Switch making it much easier to get banned.

First, its not "jailbreaking". Jailbreaking is a term reserved for Playstation consoles and Apple products.

Secondly, going online with any CFW or homebrew can get you banned. That being said, Hekate is neither CFW nor homebrew so its safe to use while going online. I can personally vouch for it as its what I've been using ever since Hekate was released.
Okay thanks. What is CFW then because i need to avoid it if i play online…

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
CFW is what enables all of your hacks from piracy to modding to even homebrew. Avoiding CFW is like avoiding hacking the console altogether. You'll have to pick between online and CFW.
So if I want to play online can I use the SYS CFW option or do I have to go to the copletely unhacked version of my switch? Ok the picture you can see which launch options I have on hekate. Emummc is for offline use but which of the other two can I use for playing online? Stock is the completely normal software without hacks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So if I want to play online can I use the SYS CFW option or do I have to go to the copletely unhacked version of my switch? Ok the picture you can see which launch options I have on hekate. Emummc is for offline use but which of the other two can I use for playing online? Stock is the completely normal software without hacks.

FurthestBorealia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
A ban in this context means that your Switch will not be able to connect to any Nintendo services online, with the one exception being system updates. So no online multiplayer, no cloud saves, no eShop. You can still access anything else online that you could before, e.g. if you have a YouTube app you'll still be able to watch videos. Just nothing Nintendo.
Huh - so that essentially bricks any multiplayer-on-eShop-owned-game you might have. I'm guessing that might be why there aren't any hacks for Nintendo games (or other ones, for that matter) like Splatoon or Mario Kart: presumably too hard to code or create cheats for a closed console ecosystem, and the downsides (total ban from Literally Everything Online) too big.

Reactions: binkinator

FurthestBorealia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Anyhoo.

Does anyone know where a beginner could start with this whole hacking scene? Any useful post or guide recommendations, ideally with explanations geared to "I-know-about-as-much-as-a-seventy-year-old-grandpa-when-it-comes-to-hacking"-type crowd?¹ And I know that might be a big ask - which is why I'm only looking for suggestions, if any exist that is.

Primarily because I want to use the Switch more as a PC, and less, well, a walled garden console - do more things that Nintendo forbids or prohibits.

¹A mite too exaggerated for the purpose of bounced-up rhetoric: I apologize if I give off the impression of wanting to be babysit the entire process, but rather that I'm fairly _new_ to this sort of thing and would appreciate simple and easily understood instructions and manuals. (I have a vague - and likely rather wrong - impression of hacking/jailbreaking as a sort of task requiring rocket-science-level erudition and dedication)

Reactions: Gep_Etto

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use

If I were you I would just use Stock for online play and then emummc for everything else.

Anyhoo.

Does anyone know where a beginner could start with this whole hacking scene? Any useful post or guide recommendations, ideally with explanations geared to "I-know-about-as-much-as-a-seventy-year-old-grandpa-when-it-comes-to-hacking"-type crowd?¹ And I know that might be a big ask - which is why I'm only looking for suggestions, if any exist that is.

Primarily because I want to use the Switch more as a PC, and less, well, a walled garden console - do more things that Nintendo forbids or prohibits.

¹A mite too exaggerated for the purpose of bounced-up rhetoric: I apologize if I give off the impression of wanting to be babysit the entire process, but rather that I'm fairly _new_ to this sort of thing and would appreciate simple and easily understood instructions and manuals. (I have a vague - and likely rather wrong - impression of hacking/jailbreaking as a sort of task requiring rocket-science-level erudition and dedication)

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

This is a pretty good place to start, with a section that explains all the terminology too.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a program to split large game files called nsp divider any 1 use this ? as my sd card is in fat32 format so as the 4gb limit
i bought the SW N already done
Use USB or MTP…much faster than waiting to copy to sd card and then install…double the work and splitting is annoying. most modern installers do this already. Let the installer do all the heavy lifting.

E: if you still want to do it this way you can use Switch Army Knife (SAK)
Not trying to gate keep!
Does usb loader work with tinfoil ?
This one? https://github.com/developersu/ns-usbloader

Yes it does work with tinfoil.

here are some others to try (you don’t have to have only one installer)

Installers​

• Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • Tinfoil — second location.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: R3DRE111AVER

Ahito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Did you have all those profiles in your Sysnand before you hacked your switch and created your Emunand?

If you don't need all of them while using CFW on Emunand perhaps you can get rid of the others and only use the one profile and then go back and reinstall as that one user. I'm going down a path of perhaps it's confused as to which profile "owns" the game.

You might also try backing up your save games using JKSV and then going into Settings -> Data Management and deleting not only the game but also the save game data and then reinstalling (all using the same profile) and see if the game will load up properly. If it does, then you can restore your game saves with JKSV again.

• jksv — game save manager
Yes all of those profiles in sysnand before mu switch hacked,willing to remove it if its needed

Im willing also to remove save files and games just to make my switch work just like before,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes all of those profiles in sysnand before mu switch hacked,willing to remove it if its needed

Im willing also to remove save files and games just to make my switch work just like before,
You can make a backup of your saves. it;s not as risky as it sounds. Dig into JKSV and bulk dump all your game saves and then let’s simplify the issue by getting down to one newly created profile that’s “linked” via linkalho.

Ahito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You can make a backup of your saves. it;s not as risky as it sounds. Dig into JKSV and bulk dump all your game saves and then let’s simplify the issue by getting down to one newly created profile that’s “linked” via linkalho.
Copy sir,one think,I wil make new profile and link it on the stock switch right ?

Ahito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just in emunand. Let’s not touch Sysnand. Keep Sysnand clean.
I will connect to internet to remove any profile its safe right?
Just in emunand. Let’s not touch Sysnand. Keep Sysnand clean.
I will delete profile in eumnand but I need to connect internet to do that it safe right?

Attachments

• IMG_1402.MOV
    703.6 KB
  • IMG_1401.MOV
    694.7 KB

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I will delete profile in eumnand but I need to connect internet to do that it safe right?
Use Linkhalo to remove all linked users in Emunand. After removing, the profiles can now be removed easily using the Switch Settings.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/linkalho-link-your-nintendo-account-offline.573676/

You will then create a new profile and again use Linkalho to “link” it but it will be a fake link.

Everything on emunand will be fake (very safe because it;s all made up and not associated with your Sysnand in any way.)

End result will be one fake profile on your emunand that’s fake linked.

Here it is step by step:

• Make sure you’ve backed up your game saves using JKSV.
  • Then completely delete our test game’s saves and settings via System Setting -> Data Management.
  • Then delete the game using the same Sytem Settimgs -> Data Management.
  • Finally, reinstall the game and see if you can start it up w/o issue.
  • If you can, then restore your game saves using the backup you made earlier using JKSV.

Last edited by binkinator,

Ahito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just in emunand. Let’s n
Use Linkhalo to remove all linked users in Emunand. After removing, the profiles can now be removed easily using the Switch Settings.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/linkalho-link-your-nintendo-account-offline.573676/

You will then create a new profile and again use Linkalho to “link” it but it will be a fake link.

Everything on emunand will be fake (very safe because it;s all made up and not associated with your Sysnand in any way.)

End result will be one fake profile on your emunand that’s fake linked.

Here it is step by step:

• Make sure you’ve backed up your game saves using JKSV.
  • Then completely delete our test game’s saves and settings via System Setting -> Data Management.
  • Then delete the game using the same Sytem Settimgs -> Data Management.
  • Finally, reinstall the game and see if you can start it up w/o issue.
  • If you can, then restore your game saves using the backup you made earlier using JKSV.
I follow your instructions,deleted all profile and created new then link to Linkalho,deleted the games and reinstalls,this what happen after there looking for connection in my internet,then one thing some of the games while transfering via DBI says (failed NO ES SIGPATCHES)please check attach for you reference thank you
298011590_3173889772852205_5977768724935532105_n.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: