Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using this guide: rentry. org/ SwitchHackingIsEasy
And I am in the part where I need to create an ini file in order to hack my switch, I was wondering how do I do that? I have never created an ini file and this guide is pretty hard to understand they don't tell you where you are supposed to find certain files or how to create files so if someone has a better guide I would love to try it
That guide is not very good so I don't understand why its recommended at all. This is a much better guide as it was basically the first ever Switch hacking guide but it has been updated as the scene developed.

• Haha
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: lone_wolf323

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using this guide: rentry. org/ SwitchHackingIsEasy
And I am in the part where I need to create an ini file in order to hack my switch, I was wondering how do I do that? I have never created an ini file and this guide is pretty hard to understand they don't tell you where you are supposed to find certain files or how to create files so if someone has a better guide I would love to try it
Saw you on reddit. Are you all sorted?

Rory Kinape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Today I dusted off my Switch after couple of years and I wonder what are the best options.

- I have a 5.x.x full system backup
- SysNAND version is 8.0.2 (EmuNAND wasn't a thing back then)
- It is running Atmosphere
- It has AutoRCM (the console has been connected to power all this time because of that lol)
- I installed something that would block connection to Nintendo Servers (DNS entries maybe?), so I suppose my console is not banned

My goals are:
- Update the system to install the latest backups
- Install the latest Atmosphere version
- Don't brick my switch in the process

My main questions are:
1) I don't have a SD card large enough for a EmuNAND, should I really buy one or updating SysNAND is just fine?
2) Is ChoiDujourNX still the best method to update the system?
3) Is there an update/alternative to AutoRCM so I can power off the switch whenever I need?
4) Is Tinfoil still the best tool to install backups?

Any other tips for me to come back to the scene would be greatly appreciated.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I dusted off my Switch after couple of years and I wonder what are the best options.

- I have a 5.x.x full system backup
- SysNAND version is 8.0.2 (EmuNAND wasn't a thing back then)
- It is running Atmosphere
- It has AutoRCM (the console has been connected to power all this time because of that lol)
- I installed something that would block connection to Nintendo Servers (DNS entries maybe?), so I suppose my console is not banned

My goals are:
- Update the system to install the latest backups
- Install the latest Atmosphere version
- Don't brick my switch in the process

My main questions are:
1) I don't have a SD card large enough for a EmuNAND, should I really buy one or updating SysNAND is just fine?
Sysnand is OK. It’s unlikely that you’ll brick your system but it could happen. If anything bad happens you want it to happen to Emunand therfore Emunand is accepted practice. It’s worth it to get a bigger SDCard so you can run with an emunand.
2) Is ChoiDujourNX still the best method to update the system?
Please use Daybreak. The nro comes with Atmosphere. Choi is out of date.
3) Is there an update/alternative to AutoRCM so I can power off the switch whenever I need?
You could install a Trinket M0 and “hide” the RCM process but not eliminate it.
Trinket M0 Hardware — The @mattytrog Bible for installing the Trinket M0
Trinket M0 Software — The @mattytrog encyclopedia of Trinket M0 software (source here https://github.com/mattytrog/FUSEE_SUITE)
4) Is Tinfoil still the best tool to install backups?
Here are the ones I keep on my Switch.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.
Any other tips for me to come back to the scene would be greatly appreciated.
Read through one of the latest guides and enjoy!

Here’s one that I have no personal vested interest in but has worked for many folks https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

If you’re bored, click my signature block…

Last edited by binkinator,
  • Love
Reactions: Rory Kinape

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about eshop titles and emunand. i redownloaded titles from my nintendo acct on my stock sysnand, then made a new emunand in an attempt to play some of them with cheats. however i overlooked the "checking if the software can be played" factor... is there a way to bypass this? idk if its smart to hop online to verily while on emunand.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about eshop titles and emunand. i redownloaded titles from my nintendo acct on my stock sysnand, then made a new emunand in an attempt to play some of them with cheats. however i overlooked the "checking if the software can be played" factor... is there a way to bypass this? idk if its smart to hop online to verily while on emunand.
Were they not updated to latest on your Sysnand? You are correct that you shouldn’t update while using emunand with backups installed. You will get banned. The list of updates come from the Firmware so there’s not a good way to block it. You can always download the latest update from friends on the Internet and update that way.

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were they not updated to latest on your Sysnand? You are correct that you shouldn’t update while using emunand with backups installed. You will get banned. The list of updates come from the Firmware so there’s not a good way to block it. You can always download the latest update from friends on the Internet and update that way.
yea they're updated but its trying to verify my eshop purchases it seems like. since its not my primary switch. cuz theres no issues when trying my games with carts

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea they're updated but its trying to verify my eshop purchases it seems like. since its not my primary switch. cuz theres no issues when trying my games with carts
Might be that they were installed with a different account than what you’re playing on at the moment and it’s reaching out to verify your current account is authorized. Can you switch profiles?

SoraTaiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perfect…thanks. that eliminates a few things.

I would recommend getting everything upgraded to FW 14.1.1 and Atmos 1.3.2 with Hekate 5.7.2. Doing so will clean up a lot of kruft and eliminate possible misconfigs that might have happened. Once you’ve done that, if the issue still persists, at least we’ll have a level playing field to start diving in.
Yo I'm so sorry for replying so late but it works now, I didn't even have to update my firmware just Atmosphere and Hekate. Thanks, I should probably update my firmware tho lol

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo I'm so sorry for replying so late but it works now, I didn't even have to update my firmware just Atmosphere and Hekate. Thanks, I should probably update my firmware tho lol
Awesome! Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy.

If you do upgrade FW you should probably do 14.1.1. 14.1.2 just came out and initial reports from SciresM indicate that Atmosphere 1.3.2 works with this version and @impeeza has confirmed the Sigpatches are identical. This is all good stuff but upgrading to day one FW should be intentional and you should be prepared for all the “excitement” that comes with being #first!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kfirbep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this do what you want?

e:
this one has been updated recently.
I tried it but I am not sure it works, I tried to transfer it with dbi but I get an error message "user 2 not found, save creation not possible...
any suggestions on how to transfer this save file?
Edit: it seems like I have a problem with dbi, it can't install games anymore.. I don't know what happened... any way to fix it?

Last edited by kfirbep,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it but I am not sure it works, I tried to transfer it with dbi but I get an error message "user 2 not found, save creation not possible...
any suggestions on how to transfer this save file?
Edit: it seems like I have a problem with dbi, it can't install games anymore.. I don't know what happened... any way to fix it?
DBI is a pretty solid installer. What method of install are you using and what symptoms are you seeing…any errors if available as well.

kfirbep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DBI is a pretty solid installer. What method of install are you using and what symptoms are you seeing…any errors if available as well.
omg please help I tried to fix it myself by formatting the sd card and trying to hack my switch again, I followed the same guide I used at the beginning and now when I inject payload it says failed to init or mount sd, press any key...
What can I do to fix it?? I think I completely destroyed my switch! :(

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg please help I tried to fix it myself by formatting the sd card and trying to hack my switch again, I followed the same guide I used at the beginning and now when I inject payload it says failed to init or mount sd, press any key...
What can I do to fix it?? I think I completely destroyed my switch! :(

This is likely due to the card not being seated. Gently remove and firmly seat it in the slot and see if that fixes things.

if that doesn’t work…
The other thing it might be is formatting. Try formatting your SDCard as FAT32 with 32k block size using a tool like rufus.

kfirbep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is likely due to the card not being seated. Gently remove and firmly seat it in the slot and see if that fixes things.

if that doesn’t work…
The other thing it might be is formatting. Try formatting your SDCard as FAT32 with 32k block size using a tool like rufus.
I tried to remove it and insert it again no luck... it is already on fat32 because of the guide I used...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to remove it and insert it again no luck... it is already on fat32 because of the guide I used...
Try cleaning the contacts or inserting a different card.

Reformatting (even though you already did it) would be a good idea.

If that doesn’t work you will need to open your switch and reseat the SDCard connection. Sometimes they come loose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night