Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ClassicAlert

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the GitHub (emphasis added) you decide which *nand to mount like so:

sysNAND or emuNAND (via Hekate)​

1. Launch Hekate/Nyx (v5.2+) on your Nintendo Switch. Navigate to Tools > USB Tools
  2. Either select "eMMC RAW GPP" (sysNand) or "emu RAW GPP" (emuNAND) to mount your NAND on your computer (you can mount BOOT0/BOOT1 separately). Set "Read-Only" to OFF if you want to perform restore operations.
  3. Open NxNandManager then open new drive (CTRL + D).
  4. Select the mounted drive. You can now perform backup/restore operations.

emuNAND (partition)​

1. Mount the SD card containing emuNAND on your computer
  2. Open NxNandManager then open new drive (CTRL + D).
  3. Select the drive labelled "FULL NAND".
Hello,

When I attempt to select "emu RAW GPP" a message that reads "Active emuMMC is not partition based!". I can say for sure that my emuMMC is partitioned based and not file based.
When I attempt the second set of instructions, NxNandManager lists my drives as this:
1655080136504.png

Once I select this drive and go to the USER:/saves folder, still sysNAND saves.
Something I should have mentioned is that I tried to solve the issue by following this guide: rentry(dot)org/EmuNANDNewSDcard but instead I just formatted the same SD card after backing it up.
Thanks for the response!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

When I attempt to select "emu RAW GPP" a message that reads "Active emuMMC is not partition based!". I can say for sure that my emuMMC is partitioned based and not file based.
When I attempt the second set of instructions, NxNandManager lists my drives as this:View attachment 313647
Once I select this drive and go to the USER:/saves folder, still sysNAND saves.
Something I should have mentioned is that I tried to solve the issue by following this guide: rentry(dot)org/EmuNANDNewSDcard but instead I just formatted the same SD card after backing it up.
Thanks for the response!

How are you determining that it’s getting Sysnand? It sounds like it might be giving you what’s actually there but it‘s not what you want or expect?

E: active emummc…. Take a screenshot of your Hekate emunand selection page please.

Reactions: ClassicAlert

zodiart88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone. I have run into a problem that cheats on edizon are all activated,causing my game to crash.

I have followed this guide https://www.cfwaifu.com/edizon-cheats/ to the letter and still not work

I tried doing it again for more than 17 hours now but still no luck

Am I doing something wrong or am I just missing something?

Any help will be appreciated

ClassicAlert

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you determining that it’s getting Sysnand? It sounds like it might be giving you what’s actually there but it‘s not what you want or expect?

E: active emummc…. Take a screenshot of your Hekate emunand selection page please.
Oh my god I'm illiterate. so apparently my confidence in making a partitioned based emummc was severely misplaced. I have now extracted my saves from my FILE BASED emummc. Thanks for your help!

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I have run into a problem that cheats on edizon are all activated,causing my game to crash.

I have followed this guide https://www.cfwaifu.com/edizon-cheats/ to the letter and still not work

I tried doing it again for more than 17 hours now but still no luck

Am I doing something wrong or am I just missing something?

Any help will be appreciated
Cheats Always On Cheats won’t turn off? Here’s how to fix that

tempnull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to mount a USB thumb drive formatted as FAT32 and run a small game called Flinthook without issue.

I’m running FW 11.0.0 | SXOS 3.1.0 beta

View attachment 313646

What does your setup look like?

E: Specifically your versions and how you are mounting you games.
tried this again with a fat32 usb didn't work either.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what I think is the issue is another issue when I insert a game card into firmware 11.0.0 it crashes my switch.

You have to be on FW 11.0.0 though. The last version of SXOS was 3.1.0b and it was compatible with 11.0.0. Anything greater than 11.0.0 and it won’t work.

Please double check your versions and share screenshots of them here.

e: and what game cartridge are you attempting to play?

tempnull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to be on FW 11.0.0 though. The last version of SXOS was 3.1.0b and it was compatible with 11.0.0. Anything greater than 11.0.0 and it won’t work.

Please double check your versions and share screenshots of them here.

e: and what game cartridge are you attempting to play?
I am on 11.0.0 but let me check my sx os version.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried installing it fully works it's just the xci mounting. Sorry for the late response

Well nuts. Was hoping it would be a higher version required or something like that.

Anyone else want to take a shot at this?
(I‘m trying to solder up my 256G emmc and it’s kicking my ass right now!)

tempnull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recap for anyone who wants to try: Everything works fine installing a game included the main issue is xci mounting it allows me to enter the game for around 2 minutes before freezing my switch. My theory for the problem, is a bug when i insert a gamecard into a switch running fw 11.0.0 it crashes atmos and sx. Xcis are safe i use dumped and downloaded if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by tempnull,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recap for anyone who wants to try: Everything works fine installing a game included the main issue is xci mounting it allows me to enter the game for around 2 minutes before freezing my switch. My theory for the problem, is a bug when i insert a gamecard into a switch running fw 11.0.0 it crashes atmos and sx. Xcis are safe i use dumped and downloaded if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Didn’t catch the part where the games would run for a bit.

This guy was getting the same issue you are:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hack-sxos.582831/page-69#post-9573305

I tried a couple of versions of the script (including this one) that allowed me to start SXOS, open XCIs but the games would freeze after 30s (usually at the menu title) . The version of page 63 solved it! But I haven't managed to mount XCIs through Tinfoil:

I’m pretty sure he’s referring to this script on page 63. Give it a shot and see if it fixes things.

e: there’s always this one by sthetix. He makes solid vids!
https://www.sthetix.info/how-to-get-your-sxos-license-for-free/

I think your game card issue might be burnt game card fuses. If you’ve enabled the game card on a version higher than 12…you can‘t go back. Trying to find the chart on which versions burn GC fuses…

Last edited by binkinator,

tempnull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn’t catch the part where the games would run for a bit.

This guy was getting the same issue you are:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hack-sxos.582831/page-69#post-9573305

I tried a couple of versions of the script (including this one) that allowed me to start SXOS, open XCIs but the games would freeze after 30s (usually at the menu title) . The version of page 63 solved it! But I haven't managed to mount XCIs through Tinfoil:

I’m pretty sure he’s referring to this script on page 63. Give it a shot and see if it fixes things.

e: there’s always this one by sthetix. He makes solid vids!
https://www.sthetix.info/how-to-get-your-sxos-license-for-free/

I think your game card issue might be burnt game card fuses. If you’ve enabled the game card on a version higher than 12…you can‘t go back. Trying to find the chart on which versions burn GC fuses…
So i don't know if you do black magic but that fixed it thank you very much for all the help you have given me.

• Love

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tempnull

Newcomer
Trophies